Mitsubishi Lancer - EOL

Calfskin

Went to Kah Motor with a friend over last weekend. My friend was looking at the Jazz and brought up Mitsubishi as one of the brands he's also looking at.

The SE immediately cut him off and say no need to look at mitsubishi, Nissan bought over already, they going to close shop and leave Singapore for good pretty soon.

I sat there and I thought "Wow really? What's your source? Can i quote you on that?"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Lancer GLX 4G18 is really a workhorse.

A simple oil change, cheap parts and you are good to drive it for a long long time.

• Praise 2

Still early to say in the new alliance between Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi.

It's either we see newer and more models of Mitsubishi or we see it being plundered of its tech and driven it to the ground. But looking at how Nissan was rescued by Renault in the past this alliance might save Mitsubishi. Unless Mitsubishi is so riddled with bad debt that it has no way to be rescued.

Mitsubishi has sadly lost its way in the last decade. After DaimlerChrysler pulled out funding their whole company virtually collapsed. 

They've only recently starting to regain their footing again, but basically have to start from the bottom up. The Attrage/Mirage is very popular in many markets because it is cheap and affordable, and from there they have to slowly rebuild with a new strategy, which is making crossovers and SUVs which are very hot now. Sadly that means traditional old products like the Lancer will have to go. Cars like the Evo, Galant and Pajero have long been gone.

Hopefully the new Nissan investment will signal brighter days ahead for Mitsubishi.

OT a bit, will Mitsubishi electric be affected ah? Just a curious question because I'm using aircon from Mitsubishi electric LOL  [hur]

Different la dey. Mitsubishi Motors and Mitsubishi others are different companies. 

• Praise 1

https://youtu.be/YzoNC2hyL-Y

Lancer still very much alive in Taiwan. Can parallel import?

Probably have to see if they manufacture right hand drive. Cos Taiwan is left hand drive.

Then probably the usual self import rules and regulations apply.

Shall I keep my GLX??

Similar question.. Should I extend my Lancer EX COE for another 5 years.. Car has not given me much trouble (knock on wood).. Inside & Outside still solid..

Similar question.. Should I extend my Lancer EX COE for another 5 years.. Car has not given me much trouble (knock on wood).. Inside & Outside still solid..

I have ended my GLXi.

If continue a lot of things to repair. So just got a new one.

I have ended my GLXi.

If continue a lot of things to repair. So just got a new one.

Another GLXi?

Solid,bro...if you did so.

Driving the same variant of car more than 10 years...

[thumbsup]

Another GLXi?

Solid,bro...if you did so.

Driving the same variant of car more than 10 years...

[thumbsup]

I got a K3 liao.

And you have replied me in K3 thread. Lolx.

↡ Advertisement