2018 Lexus LS500

gemmoglock

With these 2 killer features, Toyota Century V12 sure sell like hotcakes! (paiseh dunno how to turn the pics upright)

I drove the car for a few minutes and, I tell you, the mechanical refinement and sense of isolation from the outside is..WOW

post-2139-0-42941300-1484122431_thumb.jpg

post-2139-0-22786200-1484122459_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement

With these 2 killer features, Toyota Century V12 sure sell like hotcakes! (paiseh dunno how to turn the pics upright)

I drove the car for a few minutes and, I tell you, the mechanical refinement and sense of isolation from the outside is..WOW

U r living in Japan now?

Actually I also saw the new Camry 2018 somewhere in some show  photo in some show; also the  front grille is like quite similar as Lexus; from top to down (dunt know where again the license plate goes in ) 

Edited by BanCoe

depends on your age group bah.. too 前卫 for the bosses who are in the 50s or 60s

Maybe they target young bosses, or those flamboyant 50s/60s bosses?! Lol.

Actually I also saw the new Camry 2018 somewhere in some show  photo in some show; also the  front grille is like quite similar as Lexus; from top to down (dunt know where again the license plate goes in ) 

post-151638-0-18058700-1484288587.jpg

Left one right? Haha. This one is the new North American one, not confirmed if SEA will get the same styling. Left side hybrid, right side 3.5V6 sport (same engine as Lexus GS350 IIRC).

Good Observation man! , surprisingly the license plate will look like a sore thumb on it ; even sides also don't have space/ provision for it too

Nowadays Lexus seems downing its "V" ; Even ES now is V4 compared to the old one which was V6

ES250 is not V4 but a straight 4 engine. There is a difference, inline 4 smoother got Lexus showroom and test drive u be surprise at the smoothness for a straight 4 engine.

Remember technology evolve today V6 turbo is not the past V6 engine their smoothness and power won't lose to V8 engine in the past. Lexus have V8 engine for the previous LS, another V8 for the LC, RCF and GSF the world biggest car company will sure have their R&D and reason to switch to V6 turbo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine

• Praise 2

ES250 is not V4 but a straight 4 engine. There is a difference, inline 4 smoother got Lexus showroom and test drive u be surprise at the smoothness for a straight 4 engine.

Remember technology evolve today V6 turbo is not the past V6 engine their smoothness and power won't lose to V8 engine in the past. Lexus have V8 engine for the previous LS, another V8 for the LC, RCF and GSF the world biggest car company will sure have their R&D and reason to switch to V6 turbo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine

All 100hp/L engine is either tuned or build or designed by Yamaha la.

With these 2 killer features, Toyota Century V12 sure sell like hotcakes! (paiseh dunno how to turn the pics upright)

I think these features can be seen in the Toyota Crown as well but BM only sell in limited numbers here.

The Toyota Century is of a higher grade limo, even more expensive. Last time, Nissan also brought in some model like this called President. I think only managed to sell a handful only.

I think these features can be seen in the Toyota Crown as well but BM only sell in limited numbers here.

The Toyota Century is of a higher grade limo, even more expensive. Last time, Nissan also brought in some model like this called President. I think only managed to sell a handful only.

No Bro, Crown = E-Class, Lexus LS or Nissan President = S-Class, Century = Maybach. I haven't seen the "fold-down" see through front seat in any car before, much less the Crown (I own one, as you can see from my avatar).

As far as I understand, Toyota makes only a 100 units a year, for the really upper echelons of Jap society. The Century is only in its 2nd generation since 1967, and the current model has remained unchanged for the last 20 years. It is also never exported commercially.

Imagine the expense of designing and building a V12 engine that is solely for this model and building it at a rate of 100 units a year. Really extravagant for a mass maker like Toyota.

Fun Fact: Thick velour is preferred over leather in top Jap cars, as creaking leather disrupted the quietness inside the cabin [laugh] 

post-2139-0-39255100-1484797344_thumb.jpg

post-2139-0-18574200-1484797405_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 3

No Bro, Crown = E-Class, Lexus LS or Nissan President = S-Class, Century = Maybach. I haven't seen the "fold-down" see through front seat in any car before, much less the Crown (I own one, as you can see from my avatar).

As far as I understand, Toyota makes only a 100 units a year, for the really upper echelons of Jap society. The Century is only in its 2nd generation since 1967, and the current model has remained unchanged for the last 20 years. It is also never exported commercially.

Imagine the expense of designing and building a V12 engine that is solely for this model and building it at a rate of 100 units a year. Really extravagant for a mass maker like Toyota.

Fun Fact: Thick velour is preferred over leather in top Jap cars, as creaking leather disrupted the quietness inside the cabin [laugh]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Crown_Majesta?wprov=sfla1

Search for Ottoman foot rest in the article. It is under the older series Crowns. Not sure of the newer generations.

I believe that cars like the Nissan President, Toyota Century, discontinued Mitsubishi Dignity are some cars designed and catered for the upper echelons of the Japanese society, like the royal family, politicians, corporate leaders and even yakuza bosses.

Will there be lexus LS200t

wah, good idea (in terms of price!), than maybe within our budget!

The previous LS460, in my opinion, is better than previous generation S class W221.

However, in view of cost, can afford only the base model W221 yrs ago, furthermore C&C give considerable discount with high overtrade.

This new LS is really a game changer - alternative to  7 series, S class and A8L.

Hope to see our PM with this new LS at NDP.

Below is existing PM LEE LS460L

post-146820-0-18836300-1511821239_thumb.jpg

Edited by alphard96
  • Praise 2

Side profile looks a bit like Mazda 6.

LS looks like a Mazda 6 ? Oh boy you must be a Mazda 6 owner.

LS is the best luxury car seller in fussy USA and you don’t achieve that for nothing.

So you can continue to dream while driving your Mazda 6 that Yours is a luxury masque.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1