Your car buying decision process

Tianmo

My car buying decision process? The 1st thing is cost for sure. I don’t print currency notes for a living.

2ndly, it has to be faster and better then the current one haha

↡ Advertisement

I guess to the owner... It's all worth it.....  :D

Bet he would have preferred to own this car in Nevada state or somewhere other than tropical monsoon epicentre Sinkapore where are once every 50yrs.

:D

Also.. .Now then I realised that those huge ass golf umbrellas that petrol stations like to give out is not totally useless for non golfers...  :D

I asked my friends and they told me at least must have a roof on the car.

(edited)

Go with your heart..like picking the person that you love, love at first sight.

Without budget constraint ,car buying process will be easy and pleasant .

You need to understand what you really need and within your budget .

Car choice decision.

- Base on your liking , for example, I only pick car that handle well, feel safe to drive with acceptable power , acceptable safety features set. Acceptable finishing and Reliable(Important) . Not a fan of driving a floating sofa,

-Dont buy car based on resale value only, even you dont really like the car yet continue to suffer on everyday driving. Car is expensive at Singapore. You need to enjoy driving it.

I am now on my forth car, my 3rd car which fulfill all my requirements and with no budget stress had the best  buying and owning experience, I kept the car for 9 years,  till now i still miss it ,regretted trading in , should have kept it to renew COE and enjoy the driving experience occasionally. 

1st Car- purely budget base , sold after 2.5 years of use. Overall like the car, but with better budget, we tend to upgrade.

2nd Car- First time really getting what i really wanna drive yet more relax budget . The Car that led me to explore engine tuning world  ,which brought  me fortunes , what is better than hobby to transform to side income generation.

4.5 years of use, Definitely like the car . reason of selling , better car spec with same selling price..no reason to keep. 

3rd Car- Manual stick, A better spec  of 2nd Car, bought it at 2009 with the lowest Car price point and within half a year of getting the car, COE sky rocketing .. Very good value for money car with good performance, good handling , low maintenance. Indeed under utilizing the car(daily commute to/fro work only) .Always feel good driving it at Sin and even better when  driving it at NSHY.

FC is not my concern however it turned out to be not so bad for a 300++ HP car with 9.5km/l @ SG , 11-1-12km/l @ NSHY@ 140-160 km/h 

4th Car- Getting old, enough of  touch and go ,  not spending  180K-200K on  car that i wish to drive .Downgrading  to  B & B model that  is still relatively  driving  well ( handling) car . Hope to drive it for 5 years.

*Car is almost 2x more expensive than 10 years ago. Sadly income does not follow the pace :(

Edited by Hmanxx
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

What if placed deposit already, then regretted not getting another (price dropped) but $10k deposit paid? Buy car have cooling period like insurance and property or not?

W test drive?

This one depend on individual, some ppl buy car no test one.

But the character aka ECU cannot tune.

• Praise 1

It is very important to find someone who knows how to buy car, because the person who buys is often influenced by the salesman and needs a bystander to help you.

The general price of the car is fixed, but the salesman often points to the discount of the old car in order to make money from it,want u to trade in, and sometimes is higher than the commission for earning the car price. I just had this experience a few days ago. The salesman told me must trade in , and lost nearly$ 6,000. In fact, i trade in or not the price of the car is already there. , but it is for the dishonest salesman? I bought the Korean car, Hyundai, I have shown her disappointment to me, the salesman  haven't answered me yet. This is my lesson and experience, so please be careful! Be careful, although money is important, it is even more angry to be cheated.

o!

o!

hi

:)

: [:p]

hello i am new

new friend

The general price of the car is fixed, but the salesman often points to the discount of the old car in order to make money from it,want u to trade in, and sometimes is higher than the commission for earning the car price. I just had this experience a few days ago. The salesman told me must trade in , and lost nearly$ 6,000. In fact, i trade in or not the price of the car is already there. , but it is for the dishonest salesman? I bought the Korean car, Hyundai, I have shown her disappointment to me, the salesman  haven't answered me yet. This is my lesson and experience, so please be careful! Be careful, although money is important, it is even more angry to be cheated.

It is very important to find someone who knows how to buy car, because the person who buys is often influenced by the salesman and needs a bystander to help you.

• Praise 1

When i was choosing my first car from AD - Jazz vs Attrage (Family said no to Korean Brand due to past experience)

I told Honda AD I am actually choosing between Jazz or Attrage and he gave his honest opinion. Of course, AD from Attrage will try to justify why Attrage will be more value for money.

I was toward Attrage since i am funding it myself, and there are more features. Until my Honda AD told me that " When you test drive Attrage, the first thing you realise is they will on the radio loud so as to mask the engine sound" and when i sat into the car, the radio was there and i switch it off. The AD was quite shocked when i did that. 

In short, i think be honest to the AD and listen to their side of the story. If it makes sense to you, then you somewhat have already decided your choice. For PI, im unsure because is a totally new game on its own. 

When i was choosing my first car from AD - Jazz vs Attrage (Family said no to Korean Brand due to past experience)

Korean cars have improved much since, they can be more reliable than some German cars.

post-158018-0-24424000-1553587211_thumb.jpg

Edited by andrewyewkc

Twincharged

I told Honda AD I am actually choosing between Jazz or Attrage and he gave his honest opinion. Of course, AD from Attrage will try to justify why Attrage will be more value for money.

I was toward Attrage since i am funding it myself, and there are more features. Until my Honda AD told me that " When you test drive Attrage, the first thing you realise is they will on the radio loud so as to mask the engine sound" and when i sat into the car, the radio was there and i switch it off. The AD was quite shocked when i did that. 

In short, i think be honest to the AD and listen to their side of the story. If it makes sense to you, then you somewhat have already decided your choice. For PI, im unsure because is a totally new game on its own. 

haha. radio is always off when i test cars, since when i could drive.

haha. radio is always off when i test cars, since when i could drive.

yeah ... this is a little trick the sales always use. Esp 2nd hand cars .... Last time no internet no MCF. My first car I was duped ... bought a f*cking lemon. 

But there are also indeed honest ones lah. A SE from a 2nd hand dealership actually taught me how to spot resprays and possible accident cars when I didn't buy from him. He even let test drove me around in a GTti !  

• Praise 1

Korean cars have improved much since, they can be more reliable than some German cars.

Not sure ... Anyway, happy family, happy life .. Dont want to chiong with them ..Dont mind Jap Brand since quite easy to find spare parts .. haha 

↡ Advertisement