Mitsubishi Space Star

Kia7200

Mitsubhi just launch another budget car

From review, its another plastic car and engine should be the same as attrage.

Price only $2k higher than attrage

post-162710-0-85435100-1484471048_thumb.png

post-162710-0-83656400-1484471063_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why more expensive for a lesser car? Don't think it will sell very well (unless LCR again).

Plus Space Star, what a name. Like machiam Star Wars.

Should have just kept the original name (Mirage).

• Praise 2

Watch the youtube review. This car is machiam like picanto, getz that kind of category.

Another option for those who wants a hatchback

that's e issue w c&c; always must take 60% loan for 5yrs. what savings r there? if can loan lesser / don't loan at all maybe price is somewhat justifiable.. that's y unable to shortlist / consider c&c cars..

Specs/features like quite good leh, for a BASIC car

6 airbags for this car, don't play play..

http://www.mitsubishicars.com.sg/car-models/space-star.html

• Praise 1

Gone are the Hey Days of legends from Mitsubishi....Galant VR4...Evos...Pajeros.... [wave]

Now Mitsubishi is just making cheap flicks just to struggle to stay afloat and relevant.... :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

• Praise 2

How is Mitsubishi cars selling now ?? Selling a lot ??.

7th best selling brand in 2016 apparently.

The interior look like attrage

Is basically Attrage hatchback ma. Both are the same cars, one with boot one without.

7th best selling brand in 2016 apparently.

Is basically Attrage hatchback ma. Both are the same cars, one with boot one without.

7th only because of LCR I believe.

This one will float or sink depending on LCR too.

• Praise 1

Can someone help me what is LCR?? :)

I am looking for a budget car for my wife - came across this Mitsubishi space star. I have some questions and would appreciate some advise here: 

1) I was thinking of a second hand Cat A small car but when I check the depreciation is still in the range of $8-9k a year, so I thought might as well get a new one with similar depreciation -  is that logical for most of you?

2) I am comparing with the new one such as
- Mazda 2 (1.5ltr) $90-95 k depreciation of $8.5 to $9k a year

- For Nissan - the current new car is Note series also roughly $90k depreciation about $9k but it is only 1.2 ltr

- Toyota cannot find comparable because the closest is Altis which cost more than $100k

- Suzuki has a new model Ignis yet to be launched , otherwise swift 1.4 ltr also within my budget.

I guess that cover the Japanese make because I presume for continental car should be more expensive and less value for money.

Can I have some advise which is a better choice - value for money, driving for long term hopefully over the entire 10 years , considering repair , mileages and reliability of the car. thanks a bunch... really appreciate some help here.  

• Praise 1