Good driver? You deserve cheaper insurance.

I'm driving Kia forte and current with AIG.(insurance end end sept).

Would like to know does your insurance company allows to go back to c&c pandan for accident repair like AIG?

• Praise 1

Last week my friend went to Singapore for business trip, he hired a car from there for traveling. In that case insurance is necessary, car owner already taken insurance policy for car but he told him to take travel insurance. This is necessary in Singapore or not please suggest me.

• Praise 1

Hi Jameshong, sorry for the late reply, didn't realise the notification went into my spam-folder. 

With regards to your questions below: 

I'm driving Kia forte and current with AIG.(insurance end end sept).

Would like to know does your insurance company allows to go back to c&c pandan for accident repair like AIG?

Yes, we do allow you to go back to C&C Pandan for accident repair; simply select "Any Workshop" when you get a quote with us, to have your car repaired at any workshop of your choice. You can read more about our wide range of optional covers here https://www.budgetdirect.com.sg/car-insurance/optional-covers as well. 

If you need any further clarification, call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

Hope this helps, 
On behalf of the Budget Direct Insurance team, thanks. 
Geoffrey 

• Praise 1

Hi Quirky, thanks for your question here. Sorry it has taken a while to respond

Hi,

How do you shortlist authorized workshops?

Thanks.

First of all, we shortlist our authorised workshops based their workmanship (such as tools, computers system and essential equipment available), to ensure that these workshops can deliver prompt, quality and reliable services to our customers.

Secondly, repairs done at all our authorised workshop is guaranteed for 12 months repair-warranty on all affected/ changed parts from the accident repair. 

Last but not least - to give our customers options and convenience, we selected our authorised workshops to be strategically located all over Singapore.

FYI - list of our authorised workshop here https://www.budgetdirect.com.sg/car-insurance/authorised-workshop; we continuously update this info whenever we add more garages.  

If you've got any questions about how we can help you, please ask or call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

Thanks, 
Geoffrey

Hello Herrydas, great question you posted here. 

Last week my friend went to Singapore for business trip, he hired a car from there for traveling. In that case insurance is necessary, car owner already taken insurance policy for car but he told him to take travel insurance. This is necessary in Singapore or not please suggest me.

Understand your friend visited Singapore recently, hope he enjoys his trip so far.

If one plans to rent a car during his/her trip (whether it's your friend visiting Singapore, or yourself and family planning a road trip to Australia) - it's recommended to take-up a travel insurance. 

- First of all, always rent a car from a reputable car rental company (It is illegal to rent a car from a private individual as the insurance will not cover 'hire and reward' if the insurance is registered under private car insurance)
- Secondly - a rented vehicle usually protected and insured by the car rental agency's motor vehicle insurance; however, please keep in mind such insurance may include an excess or deductible which is payable by the person renting the vehicle (usually stated in the rental agreement) 
- If your friend purchased a travel insurance with Rental Vehicle Excess Cover (RVEC) before coming to Singapore. This covers the excess payable should accident happens. With Rental Vehicle Excess Cover included in your travel insurance, the insurer will pay for the excess as per the policy limit required for the claim, and your friend would be able to claim back the Excess amount under his travel insurance policy. 

As a parting note, please always purchase a travel insurance from home country and BEFORE you/your friend leaves the country, that way you're fully covered for the trip. 

We hope this helps you and your friend, if you have more questions call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

Have a great day, 
Geoffrey

Thanks for the helpful thread. I'm getting a used car.. the cheapest I found online was NTUC via dbs portal. Quiote $2.8k with $600 excess. My car dealer offer me NTUC also, $2.53k with $1600 excess. Which should I take? Any advice would be appreciated

• Praise 1

Good day, RumTan, great question by the way.

Thanks for the helpful thread. I'm getting a used car.. the cheapest I found online was NTUC via dbs portal. Quiote $2.8k with $600 excess. My car dealer offer me NTUC also, $2.53k with $1600 excess. Which should I take? Any advice would be appreciated

Based on the quote info you shared, the trade-off is a saving of $270 for an additional excess of $1,000 - which means in the event of an accident/claims up to $1.6K; you'll need to pay yourself instead of activating your policy since the claims amount would come in under your excess of $1.6k.

What we could suggest is for you to consider whether the policy you'll be getting fits your (as well as any other drivers’) needs well, esp on any likelihood of you/ other driver(s) having an accident (do consider eg. driving experience/ accident history etc). You may not want to save $270 and end up paying another $1k more on a claim!

If you need expert advice about your car insurance quote, feel free to give our team a call at 6221 2111. Our team are here, and ready to help you from 8 am to 8 pm, Mondays to Fridays.

Hope this helps,

Geoffrey

Neutral Newbie

attachicon.gifCar_728x90_Budsy_See_How_Cheap_A.jpg

Hey

We're new in town. Budget Direct Insurance launched in October last year, and we believe that Singaporeans have been paying too much for their car insurance for too long. 

Why? We're not entirely sure. What we do know is that insurance isn't hard. Or at least, it doesn't need to be. To buy your insurance is a relatively easy process, you can even see an initial price for your policy in 30 seconds. 

If you'd like to know, we'll be stopping by here regularly to read and answer your questions. Or visit our website at budgetdirect.com.sg

We understand that because we're new, you may prefer to talk with someone. Feel free to stop by, have a coffee and let us see how we can help you, visit us at:

Budget Direct Insurance 

190 Clemenceau Avenue

#03-01, Singapore Shopping Centre

Singapore 239924. 

Or call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

If you've got any questions about how we can help you, please ask. 

Thanks

Geoffrey 

Hi Jameshong, sorry for the late reply, didn't realise the notification went into my spam-folder. 

With regards to your questions below: 

Yes, we do allow you to go back to C&C Pandan for accident repair; simply select "Any Workshop" when you get a quote with us, to have your car repaired at any workshop of your choice. You can read more about our wide range of optional covers here https://www.budgetdirect.com.sg/car-insurance/optional-covers as well. 

If you need any further clarification, call us at 6221 2111. Our team are here and ready to help you from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. 

Hope this helps, 
Geoffrey 

Hi Geoffrey

Is it possible to request for Golf R to be included ?

Cheers

everyone looking for cheaper insurance , the best way to find cheapest insurance is by using one of the comparing tools on line , recently you can find few of this tools online and for different plans insurance for car insurance you can try to compare on this tool https://qompanion.my/car-insurance so will shows you each plan rates and prices and what they cover m then you can choose the most suitable one for you.

↡ Advertisement