Upgrading - Home Improvement Program HIP

Christan

Just make sure you don't use the portable toilets during heavy storms. The strong winds may blow them with you inside away and coat you with sai and sai h2o. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

for those void deck have mama stall one good, free show or at least sound effect if somebody **ahem inside [laugh][laugh]

Wait 5 mins and knock frantically on portable bathroom door and shout "FIRE! FIRE!"

Wait 5 mins and knock frantically on portable bathroom door and shout "FIRE! FIRE!"

That one still will wrap in towel and run out.

Try dropping lizards or cockroach into the toilet. Instantly dash out of the door with nothing on. :XD:

• Praise 3

Honesty I don't think anyone can continue staying there with all the dusts

It's better to shift out for that 10 days, the cleaning afterwards is also very Jia lat

I actually stay inside throughtout the improvement period. They listed conditionally one must attended to them should any thing arised, not just let them do freely.

Edited by Cat

I actually stay inside throughtout the improvement period. They listed conditionally one must attended to them should any thing arised, not just let them do freely.

How to be able to attend to them during the day? Unless not working if not very difficult lo.

Finally our turn - day 1 of HIP. Some photos taken of the 'war zone' when almost finished the demolition. They cover items such as table, TV set, sofa etc with plastic cover bf applying the long piece plastic as seen in the photos. Even with these protection, can still see layer of dust on table, TV after removing both plastic pieces. Definitely need to cover these items beforehand & seal with tape for added protection :o  

Requested for temporary toilet in flat after seeing the size in my neighbour's flat. does not occupy much space & comes with hot shower. Can do 'big business' but have to use big pail with water to flush away the waste. One bad point is toilet hard to close fully, uses sliding door

The external toilet looks OK too but I would rather do everything in-house than take lift down to get to the toilet.

post-5391-0-70613400-1487426778_thumb.jpg

post-5391-0-08374300-1487427183_thumb.jpg

• Praise 10

How to be able to attend to them during the day? Unless not working if not very difficult lo.

in-house reno takes 4 days. but in my case in tampines, i don't know why they put it as 3mar to 7 mar (which will include one non-working sunday) but i don't think they will be there the whole 4 days.

Attach photo of temporary toilet in-house. took a 'dump' in the morning & use medium-size pail of water to flush off. so far no one complain of  smell  [sweatdrop]. Likely won't use the external toilet downstairs unless during renovation works timing or if temporary toilet occupied.

Today took a mop to clean the floor of hall, kitchen even though worker did it yesterday. also mop the rooms too as some dust had entered too. I can literally see dust floating in the air yesterday & sneezing since then. Felt better now. For those who have vacuum cleaner, can do some clean up first. This is especially so if you continue to live in flat during this period to minimise inhaling the dust particles.

post-5391-0-66462200-1487494593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christan
  • Praise 8

Hello I need to seek advice re HDB HIP - my flat was renovated 5 yrs ago and did all the change including bathroom toilets change to PVC but can’t remember whether the contractor take out the cast iron pipes at that time

I opt out of HIP as I felt my flat no need to do any upgrade n HDB did the water proof testing - everything ok

Now suddenly they tell me if I don’t change the iron cast pipes inside the PVC pipes - in future any leaking I am liable to pay for the neighbours downstairs or upstairs ceilings ? Anyone opted out of this toilet piping change and any issue ?

Thank you for any advice ?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Orlandokitchen said:

Are You Looking For a Reputable Kitchen Remodeling in Orlando That Offers:

Full to small scale remodels,
Highly Reviewed & Local Remodeler,
Top Rated Residential & Commercial Solutions,
20+ years of hands on experience,
& Trusted By 1,000s of Customers in Orlando?
If the answer is “YES” then you need the help of a local and professional remodeling company to protect your family and your home.

With Our Residential & Commercial Remodeling Services:

Full to small scale remodels
Professional, Reliable, & On Time
Experienced contractors
No Hidden Costs That Increase Over Time
20+ years of hands on experience
No Cutting Corners – 100% Quality

We provide remodeling for your home or business. We provide remodeling services and aim to provide excellent customer service for every prospective customer we talk with, no matter what type of remodeling problem you have. Whether it’s redoing a project from a previous contractor or meeting a deadline  we can help with your remodeling project.

O.jpg

Florida?

Have you done for someone who just moved there? His name is Trump.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Orlandokitchen said:

Are You Looking For a Reputable Kitchen Remodeling in Orlando That Offers:

Full to small scale remodels,
Highly Reviewed & Local Remodeler,
Top Rated Residential & Commercial Solutions,
20+ years of hands on experience,
& Trusted By 1,000s of Customers in Orlando?
If the answer is “YES” then you need the help of a local and professional remodeling company to protect your family and your home.

With Our Residential & Commercial Remodeling Services:

Full to small scale remodels
Professional, Reliable, & On Time
Experienced contractors
No Hidden Costs That Increase Over Time
20+ years of hands on experience
No Cutting Corners – 100% Quality

We provide remodeling for your home or business. We provide remodeling services and aim to provide excellent customer service for every prospective customer we talk with, no matter what type of remodeling problem you have. Whether it’s redoing a project from a previous contractor or meeting a deadline  we can help with your remodeling project.

O.jpg

Very nice. Please post more photos for us to consider flying your workers here! 

Neutral Newbie

There are many things to consider for home improvement. To give an aesthetic look, I think installing new paintings and pictures is a good idea. It can be done without expert help with the help of picture hanging kits which contain all the hanging materials like hooks, wires, and screws. Also, tiles on the bathroom walls can renew the bathroom look.

↡ Advertisement