The new Pirelli P Zero PZ4 Tyres- Launched

Jacklenny

Turbocharged

haha yes - then of course SG roads are getting more third world by the week arent they? Endless roadworks and hopeless repair jobs :(

The places I've been to lately have really bumpy and rough roads.  [:|]

I see you find the PZ4 quieter and more comfortable than PSS. Do you think it would be an improvement over Primacy 3, or maybe just similar?

I did see the PZ4 apparently has a lower noise rating via tyre labels, but it is a performance tyre while the Primacy 3 is a touring tyre, albeit an old design.

I really do find it quite noisy on places like PIE, so I'm looking for something quieter but with at least the same amount of grip. Or same noise level but more grip is also fine  :D

↡ Advertisement

The places I've been to lately have really bumpy and rough roads.  [:|]

I see you find the PZ4 quieter and more comfortable than PSS. Do you think it would be an improvement over Primacy 3, or maybe just similar?

I did see the PZ4 apparently has a lower noise rating via tyre labels, but it is a performance tyre while the Primacy 3 is a touring tyre, albeit an old design.

I really do find it quite noisy on places like PIE, so I'm looking for something quieter but with at least the same amount of grip. Or same noise level but more grip is also fine  :D

Hi I had to look up the Primacy 3 tyres as not come across the.

Seems some complain re their noise levels too and wet grip? I cannot comment as have no experience with them sorry. 

Turbocharged

Hi I had to look up the Primacy 3 tyres as not come across the.

Seems some complain re their noise levels too and wet grip? I cannot comment as have no experience with them sorry. 

They're a touring/luxury car tyre released back in 2014 or 2013 thereabouts, I cannot tell if mine are the ST variant as they're the OEM equipped tyres for an European vehicle - the ST variant is apparently using a quieter compound. I do suppose they have a longer lifespan than more performance oriented tyres.

I find the noise is definitely higher than I'd like - road noise and rumble (PIE especially) is the only thing truly unsettling the interior refinement of my car, since it has exceptionally low wind noise. Wet grip is acceptable for me so far, perhaps because I have consciously avoided hooning in the rain - just to be safe, so I will not comment on that.

Some of the sample tyre labels I have found for it suggest it is one of the less fuel efficient tyres available now and at 71dB versus 68dB I see on some newer tyres (I recall a PZ4 label suggested 68dB) is a pretty big difference. I also like that PZ4 seems to be the most fuel efficient performance tyre out there while still keeping up somewhat with the Pilot Sports.

Pretty much Primacy 3 is a good tyre that but its behind the times now...

(edited)

They're a touring/luxury car tyre released back in 2014 or 2013 thereabouts, I cannot tell if mine are the ST variant as they're the OEM equipped tyres for an European vehicle - the ST variant is apparently using a quieter compound. I do suppose they have a longer lifespan than more performance oriented tyres.

I find the noise is definitely higher than I'd like - road noise and rumble (PIE especially) is the only thing truly unsettling the interior refinement of my car, since it has exceptionally low wind noise. Wet grip is acceptable for me so far, perhaps because I have consciously avoided hooning in the rain - just to be safe, so I will not comment on that.

Some of the sample tyre labels I have found for it suggest it is one of the less fuel efficient tyres available now and at 71dB versus 68dB I see on some newer tyres (I recall a PZ4 label suggested 68dB) is a pretty big difference. I also like that PZ4 seems to be the most fuel efficient performance tyre out there while still keeping up somewhat with the Pilot Sports.

Pretty much Primacy 3 is a good tyre that but its behind the times now...

Review unless is from user. Mag review I usually don't consider. Lower fc probably due to lower roll resistant which don't sound like better grip. The GR100 can roll on and on after I back off the thorotte but its grip is not better than the f1a3 I replaced with. Perhaps your wheel ark insulation not that good. Edited by Earthboy

Review unless is from user. Mag review I usually don't consider. Lower fc probably due to lower roll resistant which don't sound like better grip. The GR100 can roll on and on after I back off the thorotte but its grip is not better than the f1a3 I replaced with. Perhaps your wheel ark insulation not that good.

Yes, if you read more Mag review  , you will confuse more ...as different review and comparison tends to support different brands and the results are so different ....some brands can be 1st in one review and last in another articles ....haha ...

so no choice sometimes ...really need to spend money to buy it and test it .....with the guts feel ....haha 

Used it on my Second hand Suzuki Kizashi 235/45/r18, for abt 2000km.

Dry handling is good (but PS4 better) and also wet handling was excellent much better than PS4, esp aqua-planing you have confidence in maintaining a strait drive through instead of counter steering it.

Yes its a rather quiet tire compared to PS4 which i have used for my previous car.

Even on the dreaded PIE roads the noise is much less jarring compared to ps4.

As for fuel efficiency too

Neutral Newbie

After reading you guys comment, Seems like PZ4 is better than PS4. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m going to change tyre soon. So I’m wondering if I’m going to try this or PS4.

After reading you guys comment, Seems like PZ4 is better than PS4. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m going to change tyre soon. So I’m wondering if I’m going to try this or PS4.

may be you can share your tire size or model of your car ,

PZ4 mainly for super car or limited size for medium size car

Wanted 225/45/18 for this PZ4 but they didn't manufacture this size

Supercharged

only #2

"The new Pirelli P Zero PZ4 takes second place. The Pirelli was the fastest in the wet and dry, but didn't quite have the steering feel or balance of the winning Michelin. The Pirelli also struggled in the curved aquaplaning test, where it could only manage eighth place, 20% behind the winning Dunlop."

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-EVO-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

Edited by Eyke

Neutral Newbie

Driving a vezel with 18x8.5 rim. Looking for 225/45/18. Was quoted around 195-220 and looking at PS4 also. Don’t know to get which one Edited by Jose

Neutral Newbie

Am on 235/40/18

Sound wise is one of the best at 69db driving on road feel you will notice is abit more silent than other performance tyres

Wet grip and handling on paper is on paper one of the best (in reality feels the same way too)

Dry grip handling number 2 to PS4 (that one no need to say)

Already did 20000km. Noise level comfort handling performance continues to hold up. At least don’t have to worry about what happens after the legendary 15000km.

Treadwear is not the best, 2nd to PS4 expect to hold up till 45,000km (1.5 yrs) probably best to change already

anyone knows where to get 205/55/16 or i need to upgrade to 17? 

Am on 235/40/18
Sound wise is one of the best at 69db driving on road feel you will notice is abit more silent than other performance tyres
Wet grip and handling on paper is on paper one of the best (in reality feels the same way too)
Already did 20000km. Noise level comfort handling performance continues to hold up. At least don’t have to worry about what happens after the legendary 15000km.
Treadwear is not the best, 2nd to PS4 expect to hold up till 45,000km (1.5 yrs) probably best to change already

Am on 235/40/18

Already did 20000km. Noise level comfort handling performance continues to hold up. At least donât have to worry about what happens after the legendary 15000km.

On my previous ride, i am using Pirelli PZ4 225/40/R18 tyres.

Clocked about 23,000km of milleage on this set of tyres.

The grip of these tyres never failed me.

Noise reasonable for performance tyres.

However, i do notice that the wear rate is quite fast.

IMO, this set of tyres can only last nothing more than 40K.

anyone knows where to get 205/55/16 or i need to upgrade to 17?

Not sure if Pirelli PZ4 is available for 205/55/R16.

No need to purposely upgrade the rims to 17" wheels just for this.

There are a few alternative performance tyres for you to choose from.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement