The new Pirelli P Zero PZ4 Tyres- Launched

Jacklenny

any one can share if P Zero PZ4 is able to handle high speed at expressway ?

that would be the last thing you should worry about.

↡ Advertisement

The smallest size, 205/45 17 has speed index of Y.

What do you think le?

another thing to worry are can the Car and Driver handle high speed.

if you do have Passenger do ask them , for me my Passenger keep telling me why you drive your Turbo changed engine with AWD only doing at 150km/h? 

speed limit is 110km/h

top speed for my car is 230km/h (book said )

Pzero PZ4 is 100 % no problem.

Cannot. Max is 90kmh in sg

[smash]  [smash]  [smash] 

after that most likely tio block by road hogger..

back to Topic,  anyone tried the PZ4 and RE003 or AD08 before??

how is sidewall stiffness?

Turbocharged

It seems the old P-zero has a sort of curvier look to its tread pattern while the new one is mostly straight lines.

P-Zero

Pirelli-P-Zero.png

The New P-Zero (PZ4)

Pirelli-P-Zero-PZ4.jpg

Of course, take this with a grain of salt, I could be wrong, but I don't seem to see Pirelli labelling the former as the "New P-Zero".

Their lack of differentiating name is really a pain when looking for reviews; Autoexpress just released a review of many tyres this month, but despite what they said about the P-Zero it seems they actually reviewed the old P-Zero, if my guess is correct based on their photo of the tyre, which has terrible rolling resistance scores as a result, though it performs well in handling compared to the rest of the 2018 17" test models.

And here I thought I was going to get to see a direct comparison between CPC6, Turanza T005 and PZ4...

[smash][smash][smash]

after that most likely tio block by road hogger..

back to Topic, anyone tried the PZ4 and RE003 or AD08 before??

how is sidewall stiffness?

Between PZ4, RE003, AD08,

RE003 is the cheapest with good dry grip but can’t resist aquaplanning much.

AD08 is the noisiest, stiffest side wall, wet grip so so.

PZ4 have comparable dry grip with AD08, much better wet grip than the 2 above, and quietest. Much better choice

It seems the old P-zero has a sort of curvier look to its tread pattern while the new one is mostly straight lines.

P-Zero

Pirelli-P-Zero.png

The New P-Zero (PZ4)

Pirelli-P-Zero-PZ4.jpg

Of course, take this with a grain of salt, I could be wrong, but I don't seem to see Pirelli labelling the former as the "New P-Zero".

Their lack of differentiating name is really a pain when looking for reviews; Autoexpress just released a review of many tyres this month, but despite what they said about the P-Zero it seems they actually reviewed the old P-Zero, if my guess is correct based on their photo of the tyre, which has terrible rolling resistance scores as a result, though it performs well in handling compared to the rest of the 2018 17" test models.

And here I thought I was going to get to see a direct comparison between CPC6, Turanza T005 and PZ4...

Think CPC6 and T005 is not in the same league as PZ4.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Think CPC6 and T005 is not in the same league as PZ4.

PZ4 is considered a UHP summer tyre, while CPC6 and T005 (and our Asia-specific T005A) are touring tyres.

So yes, they are not direct competitors, but for Autoexpress' review, the brand-nominated tyres were CPC6, P-Zero and T005. I was hoping to see them directly compared but it looks like Autoexpress derped and bought the old P-Zero.

I want to see them compared as these are the three tyres I am looking to buy at this exact point in time as I want a quiet and efficient but still somewhat sporty tyre to replace my Primacy 3.

Autoexpress' 2016 test crowned the PZ4 as the most fuel efficient and quietest of the sports tyres. This time around it utterly failed in the 2018 test, but again I believe it's because they brought the wrong P-Zero.

T005A is said to be extremely quiet, but the Autoexpress review crowns the ContiPremiumContact 6 as the overall leader and one of the quietest. Given that a reputable store very near me carries the CPC6 but has no stock of PZ4, I will likely just get the CPC6 at this time.

Edited by 7hm

Hi can share the the name of the tyre shop? T005A is in my list as well but want to check out cpc6 too. thanks

PZ4 is considered a UHP summer tyre, while CPC6 and T005 (and our Asia-specific T005A) are touring tyres.

So yes, they are not direct competitors, but for Autoexpress' review, the brand-nominated tyres were CPC6, P-Zero and T005. I was hoping to see them directly compared but it looks like Autoexpress derped and bought the old P-Zero.

I want to see them compared as these are the three tyres I am looking to buy at this exact point in time as I want a quiet and efficient but still somewhat sporty tyre to replace my Primacy 3.

Autoexpress' 2016 test crowned the PZ4 as the most fuel efficient and quietest of the sports tyres. This time around it utterly failed in the 2018 test, but again I believe it's because they brought the wrong P-Zero.

T005A is said to be extremely quiet, but the Autoexpress review crowns the ContiPremiumContact 6 as the overall leader and one of the quietest. Given that a reputable store very near me carries the CPC6 but has no stock of PZ4, I will likely just get the CPC6 at this time.

Between PZ4, RE003, AD08,

RE003 is the cheapest with good dry grip but can’t resist aquaplanning much.

AD08 is the noisiest, stiffest side wall, wet grip so so.

PZ4 have comparable dry grip with AD08, much better wet grip than the 2 above, and quietest. Much better choice

Thanks for the info.

i was thinking to try the PZ4, but the prices are like $40-$50 more per piece over the RE003.

I do like the PZ4 as it does have a very big protruding rim protector..

Let see how when time to must change in 2 months' time. Hope got promo for the PZ4 when I need to swap tires.

Thanks for the info.

i was thinking to try the PZ4, but the prices are like $40-$50 more per piece over the RE003.

I do like the PZ4 as it does have a very big protruding rim protector..

Let see how when time to must change in 2 months' time. Hope got promo for the PZ4 when I need to swap tires.

RE003 and pz4 is not in the same class.

RE003 Is one of the Good tire I had tried before anyway.

only problem is some don't like this from Thailand or Indonesian.

Thank you all. After some searching I managed to get the Pz4 245/40/19 for $300 per pcs. Unfortunately there is no 255/40/19 resulted me getting a Kerb rash on 1 of my rim. Luckily managed to get it repair for $25 bucks... Review on the rubber... Very grippy..dry n wet. Not extremely quiet but managable. Great braking distance too

Thank you all. After some searching I managed to get the Pz4 245/40/19 for $300 per pcs. Unfortunately there is no 255/40/19 resulted me getting a Kerb rash on 1 of my rim. Luckily managed to get it repair for $25 bucks... Review on the rubber... Very grippy..dry n wet. Not extremely quiet but managable. Great braking distance t

PZ4 IS a great tire which I had tried before,

wonder why you down size from 255/40/19 to 245/40/19 ?

can share the car you driving ?

PZ4 IS a great tire which I had tried before,

wonder why you down size from 255/40/19 to 245/40/19 ?

can share the car you driving ?

Not tat I want to down size... Pz4 doesn't have 255/40/19. I think locally only bring in 255/30/19

Thank you all. After some searching I managed to get the Pz4 245/40/19 for $300 per pcs. Unfortunately there is no 255/40/19 resulted me getting a Kerb rash on 1 of my rim. Luckily managed to get it repair for $25 bucks... Review on the rubber... Very grippy..dry n wet. Not extremely quiet but managable. Great braking distance too

so is there any quieter UHP tyre that you have tried?

Not tat I want to down size... Pz4 doesn't have 255/40/19. I think locally only bring in 255/30/19

changing non original size nothing wrong,

for your case I will prefer to change from 255/40/19 to 245/45/19  (which I believe is better than 245/40/19 ).

replacement of new tires , size is the Priority to me

Neutral Newbie

Hi all back for review at 30,000km (235/40/18)

Every 10,000km dutifully did my rotation.

Never been to track.

Spirited driving and city driving.

Went for north south highway / KL / Long trips.

Tyres left high 30-40% . Figured still good for another 10,000km. Looks like will max at 40,000km

Noise level = acceptable not as noisy as PS4

Wet grip = subj. feel 40% weaker at this stage but still feels safe.

Drip grip = still as strong

Comfort = acceptable mild good

Price seems to have soften for this size initially $240 avg now looking around getting price like $200-$220

Edited by lipster
↡ Advertisement