Nissan Pulsar vs Qashqai 1.2T

Mouse

Now that you mentioned it, yes, no wonder it looks kind of latio-ish. Test driven the car last weekend and can't help but keep having the feeling it looks familiar.

I agree with the CVTs of old (used to drive the older qashqai with CVT), but i was plesantly suprised with the CVT in the new pulsar, it feels more like a standard torque convertor than a CVT.

The moment i sat inside the Pulsar the car reminds me exactly the same as the Latio sports hatchback. Even the car boot also similar.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for all the knowledgeable input on what are the equivalent can compare with, but whatever it 'should' be, can we come back to the topic?

Can we just take this thread like I prefer apple to orange and why?

I think the main differences between the QQ 1.2 and Pulsar 1.2 are:

• Pickup: Pulsar simply feels much more spirited than the lethargic QQ.
  • Driving stance: QQ for people who prefers a high driving stance of a SUV/crossover.
  • Perceived safety: QQ seems taller and more robust.

The interior and booth space seems to be quite similar for both.

Qashqai is for taller people,above 175cm...Pulsar is for people less than 175cm.

It is the other way round.

Headroom is much better for Pulsar compared to QQ.

In fact, pulsar could be the most spacious hatchback for now.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Qashqai is for taller people,above 175cm...Pulsar is for people less than 175cm.

well, it is the opp, QQ has less leg room as compare to pulsar. you can go TC to compare the 2 model now.

Edited by Devilcup

Neutral Newbie

Please go test drive both.

Interior qashqai is much better.

Qashqai also HV better boot capacity.

Pulsar interior very plastic but HV better rear leg room.

Pulsar and HV better fc.

The suspension used in both car also different.

Qashqai is more popular in UK. So depends on yr needs too, j choose qashqai over pulsar because I want a bigger boot and mini SUV. Pulsar just remind me a latio hatchback.

• Praise 1

Wow, why so hot? I was eyeing on this QQ and hoping to see some comments. Having owned a Sunny before, I am not happy at all with Sunny for poor noise insulation, poor power and high FC, I was indeed surprised to find the QQ quality quite up to mark. In fact the safety is a mark above most other Jap cars for this price range.

Understand this QQ is designed and manufactured in Europe. CVT or whatever is still the same or improved?

• Dislike 1

wow kanna kick for saying too good or bad har? hahaha

That anonymous mofo cannot accept that CVT is really a piece of unreliable sh!t - which is part of his QQ!

The fact is, CVT is to be avoided at all cost. It will only lead to more worries and costly replacement costs!

A TC workshop senior foreman actually told me that the CVT models usually come back with big issues, after 2 years on the average.

That anonymous mofo cannot accept that CVT is really a piece of unreliable sh!t - which is part of his QQ!

The fact is, CVT is to be avoided at all cost. It will only lead to more worries and costly replacement costs!

A TC workshop senior foreman actually told me that the CVT models usually come back with big issues, after 2 years on the average. ðð¼

This type of el cheapo CVT technology implementation ... PUI !! ð«

Avoid Avoid Avoid, for your own good, don't but a CVT!

Will take a normal (visco-coupled) automatic, or a super reliable manual tranny anytime.

Isn't latio a cvt Nissan that has been time tested?
  • Praise 1

The CVT can last at least 10 years. Why are there people that do not believe Nissan reliability?

Thought mitsubishi cars already using CVT decades ago? Then later latio also using CVT decade ago?

• Praise 1

Thought mitsubishi cars already using CVT decades ago? Then later latio also using CVT decade ago?

My dad used to import motor cycles last time. He said cvt is very old tech, he said already in used in some scooters and motor cycles maybe in the 80's or much earlier.
↡ Advertisement