Nissan Pulsar vs Qashqai 1.2T

Mouse

Isn't latio a cvt Nissan that has been time tested?

yup, my 2006 latio cvt served me well for 6 years plus till I change car due to backside itchy.

its the aircon I buay tahan, can't remember replaced how many cooling coils.

↡ Advertisement

yup, my 2006 latio cvt served me well for 6 years plus till I change car due to backside itchy.

its the aircon I buay tahan, can't remember replaced how many cooling coils.

I guess CVT should not have problem de, more likely some people dont like the feel of CVT drive lo.

Lexus, Merc, Ford, Jeep and many big auto manufacturers use CVT technology, I don't see what is the problem with CVT. 

That anonymous mofo cannot accept that CVT is really a piece of unreliable sh!t - which is part of his QQ!

The fact is, CVT is to be avoided at all cost. It will only lead to more worries and costly replacement costs!

A TC workshop senior foreman actually told me that the CVT models usually come back with big issues, after 2 years on the average. ðð¼

This type of el cheapo CVT technology implementation ... PUI !! ð«

Avoid Avoid Avoid, for your own good, don't but a CVT!

Will take a normal (visco-coupled) automatic, or a super reliable manual tranny anytime.

Do we have a choice ? Or buy manual better ? Guess many of us already forget how to drive manual car liao!

Do we have a choice ? Or buy manual better ? Guess many of us already forget how to drive manual car liao!

Indeed we do not have choice much due to almost AD bring in only auto tranny rather than manual tranny. To my personal view, Manual tranny is much simple and reliable than Auto tranny. If the person is driving the manual, he is totally in control and maneuver the car unlike auto car which is only guiding by the person and everything is control by electronic instead of brain. No need to worry under power in manual, just down shift then everything is under your command. Driving manual is not difficult but need the skill unlike auto.

• Praise 1

Indeed we do not have choice much due to almost AD bring in only auto tranny rather than manual tranny. To my personal view, Manual tranny is much simple and reliable than Auto tranny. If the person is driving the manual, he is totally in control and maneuver the car unlike auto car which is only guiding by the person and everything is control by electronic instead of brain. No need to worry under power in manual, just down shift then everything is under your command. Driving manual is not difficult but need the skill unlike auto.

People here prefer auto. That's why AD cater to that. What's the point of bringing in something that sits in the warehouse and cannot sell? They will be losing money.

Auto more suitable for city drive .

Manual for Long distance drive .

It's actually the reverse.

It's so simple to drive a manual in gridlocked traffic, but not so for an auto. Just need a little practice and you don't need to half clutch even at crawling speed. For auto, your right leg will be overworked and cramped while constantly braking and holding the brake.

For long distance driving, where stops/starts are far in between and lesser need to upshift/downshift, auto will do the job pretty well and for a bigger NA engine paired with 5/6-speeder automatik, the gear ratio efficiency is often top notch.

Auto more suitable for city drive .
Manual for Long distance drive .

• Praise 1

It's so simple to drive a manual in gridlocked traffic, but not so for an auto. Just need a little practice and you don't need to half clutch even at crawling speed. For auto, your right leg will be overworked and cramped while constantly braking and holding the brake.

For long distance driving, where stops/starts are far in between and lesser need to upshift/downshift, auto will do the job pretty well and for a bigger NA engine paired with 5/6-speeder automatik, the gear ratio efficiency is often top notch.

simply tiring to drive in heavy traffic...both auto n manual..tried both types lo...

• Praise 1

Haha ... first time I heard manual good to drive in the city that traffic jam at most time . I think you are manual person than majority driver here .
  • Praise 2

Kangadrool,

Guess only for hardcore driver and exceptional than norm leh .... else auto with worse FC and more prone to failure would be disappeared and all our modern cars would be manual liao ?

Cheers,

Richard

Auto better for jams.

However, i will still get pretty backaches still...

So driving sitting position is equally important...typically, a more upright chair-like driving position is better for reducing aches and strains.

Auto better for jams.

However, i will still get pretty backaches still...

So driving sitting position is equally important...typically, a more upright chair-like driving position is better for reducing aches and strains.

Ccc888,

Indeed and your knees will also thank you in years to come.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement