Jaguar Xf vs Volvo XC 60

Yogi

21 is optional. For your info, I am on 21" on Macan

Macan is "18
Macan S is "18
Macan Turbo is "19
Macan GTS is "20

↡ Advertisement

Not only are the cars very different, so are the brands. It depends on what you are looking for in a car. The Swedish is practical and capable. The English has luxury feel to it. Both are great cars in my opinion.

My take

-----------

Prestige - XF

Looks - XF

Maintenance Cost - XC60

Driveabliity - XF

Road visibility - XC90

Comfort - on par (also depends on your tyres)

I've driven the XF and I'd say the drive is fantastic. The one I owned was the 2.2Diesel from 2012 and the only problem I had was just the standard wear and tear stuff. No major problems noted yet.

2.2d is nice while cruising.. punchy due to the engine.. but cannot tahan the revving sounds .. sibei buay tahan...  tho... still better than the beemer 2series 7seater..  sibei noisy... 

• Praise 2

Mine is C180 W204 BE Kompressor FL, may be just me I never have opinion that ride comfort is a forte for this model but overall still one of the best and reliable car I ever have. Tried XC 60 few times before committing, it seem XC 60 ride is really on plus plush side and handling will be never comparable to sedan. It seems Volvo sensus is more user friendly than older generation command online installed on my MB C180. Too bad it doesn't come with Apple carplay.

That's means the info from SE is correct, R type suspension is stiff. But no R version available for test drive,

That's means the info from SE is correct, R type suspension is stiff. But no R version available for test drive,

That's consistent with what some car testers' review.  Rim size matters as well as with other car body types.

Neutral Newbie

I test drove it ard june 2016. If it was already on 20" then that is probably what made the ride worse. I remembered R-Design's wheels are one size larger with a firmer damped suspension that I did not get to test drive. 

I can accept hard firm suspension but it must handle well to make up for it.  I can also accept a soft pliant suspension which understandably and invariably comes with body roll but it cannot have unsettled body control everytime over some uneven road surface.  It is an SUV afterall. Anyway it is just my personal opinion.  Take with pinch of salt since everyone's ride requirement is different. 

There was a road show xc60 R-design in some maroon/red on steep offer to me then which I thought hard for a while.  End up my conclusion was that I will not be able to live with that kind of drive/handling for the next five years.  So I passed on and looked at other competitors.

My first car was a velocity red mz6 hatch. Not sure if I am the same guy you have in mind though....  :D 

How much is SE offering you on the XC60 R design?

How much is SE offering you on the XC60 R design?

Sorry too long ago, June/July 2016 long. Anyway the figure is pointless as reference in the current market and background of latest XC60 being released.

↡ Advertisement