Lets talk about China history 上下五千年

Yaloryalor

They rather post pictures and videos of a person readings books onto Tik-Tok, Weibo, rather than ownself read books. [laugh]

270dd14c-4b9a-11e9-8e02-95b31fc3f54a_132

Haha .. interestingly, someone who likes reading is now classified as mental illness.

I hope he doesn't get cut out of the loophole still giving him a benefit...

I love TiongKoK...syts [inlove][inlove][inlove]:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Until the layers of makeover removed...go YT or WB...lots of before and scary after beedeos.

Don’t do it during lunar seven month hor.

Puyi was the last emperor...There’s a new “emperor” now...then there’ll be the next one and yet another new one...

I also find reading is good...always hear elders say 閱读能防老痴症 yet to hear 划手机上网 can be as effective discounting the exposure to radiation...

In the videos, the homeless man mentioned that ãéæ¶ä¸å®¶ãwas recently deleted from CN high school history text books. For the uninformed, ãéæ¶ä¸å®¶ãwas the history about a peasant uprising during the Qin dynasty, they were rebelling against the dictatorship of Qin.

ææå ãéæ¶ä¸å®¶ããç³å£åãå¼ç­è®® ç½æ°è´¨çæä¸ç»´ç¨³æå³

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/special/report/politic/cnpol/story20190227-935296

Gotta hand it to them.. as if Singapore is very different.

How much Chinese land has been invaded and still being occupied by Russia till date ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0gcvVvt5PM

In the Peking Treaty, most people know that Kowloon was ceded to the British.

In the same unequal treaty, a much larger territory of Outer Manchuria was ceded to Russia and still being occupied today.

it's knowledge and cities that drive wealth. Not land. 

haha doubt that china wants the land back anytime soon.

Exactly. It's never about how big your land is, but how much wealth can be generated. Before gold was discovered in Australia, it was hard to convince anyone to move there, so the Brits first force-sent the convicts. [laugh]

Having said that, Vladivostok is not waste land .. but a relatively important sea port since a long time.

Viadivostok is an important port for Russia.  Russia is also there.

https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinion/article/3019908/li-peng-wasnt-butcher-tiananmen-just-man-who-took-fall-deng?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1564018634

@roadrunner2029. Any comments. I know dxp was the one who ultimately ordered the decision to clear the square. But li peng was portrayed to be the pro hard liner. Seems like he was always just a yes man in this portrayal.

Haven't checked your link.

The closest to any insider knowledge of who and what is in ZZY's biography. Whether he add salt or pepper one will never know but there are not much other more reliable sources.

According to ZZY, all this happened while he was away I think in DPRK on state visit.

I almost forget I have ZZY biography which I haven’t read yet

It's more like a confession or record of things -- 1) reforms that happened after 1978 under his and Hu Yaobang's charge with DXP's guidance, 2) his partnership and conflicts with the conservatives led by Chen Yun, Li Peng, etc. and 3) what happened in 1989 and after his home arrests. You can finish in one day for sure.

I tried to read it a few years ago.

It was too heavy of a topic for me then.

Today's mainland China, is it "fa" or "li" ? Seems neither.

The "fa" introduced by Shang Yang was also different from the common law we have today in SG and other commonwealth countries; which again is also different from civil law that generally originated from continental Europe and mostly adopted in China and Japan today, at least in form.

Under he "li" bureaucracy, the Han Emperor never really have absolute power unlike what's depicted in popular drama or Western concept based on European Kings. There are certain periods of dictatorship of course, but the Confucius bureaucracy defines certain morals for the rulers that failing which, he also loses his power and right of rule. And every dynasty has certain modified characteristics, Qing was not a typical Han bureaucracy though similar.

Just $0.02.

Sure. My understanding of chinese history is quite superficial, so just found it interesting.

His son graduated from PKU Guang Hua College.

yeah i follow his FB. haha.

His conclusion a bit disconnected with his topic and main content .. He talked most about law (fa) vs etiquette (li), then conclude with the I-ching and what goes up must comes down. I also dunno. [laugh]

So now is it 潛龍在野 or 飛龍在天 ? [laugh]

This is not his full speech. It's an edited excerpted version by SCMP, so maybe that's why it seems particularly disjointed.

Edited by Lala81

On a related note, the I-ching is one of the most ancient books, interesting but hard to understand. Mostly people understand it from Confucius' own  interpretation. Nobody knows what it originally was meant for. 

For people in leadership and management, it's a good reference for making the best of both good and bad circumstances. 

haha definitely won't try to read that.

This is not his full speech. It's an edited excerpted version by SCMP, so maybe that's why it seems particularly disjointed.

I think it is taken from ST.  I saw similar article

↡ Advertisement