Lets talk about China history 上下五千年

Yaloryalor

A lot of mighty emperors during old age also become a little insane. Example one of my fav emperor 汉武帝。He killed his own son and daughters. Too worried about the 巫术 (black magic)

you should caligula. This wan crazy since young. Had incest with his beautiful sister, killed his opponent sadistically and even sent a general to a faraway mission so that he could have the general's wife.....crazy farker! Watch it back when i was schooling......think it was x rated!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why bother...? The only thing to "learn" from it is, history will repeat itself because we never learn from it.

If one thinks that Chinese or Malayan history were hard...almost every king in Indian history had name with at least 16 letters...I failed miserably...

For those who fancy China history and have the android TV box...CCTV channels have daily in depth feature shows either on individual or dynasty. I personally prefer to watch those post WW2 on how CCP had come a long way till these days. 近代史比较贴切。

• Praise 1

actually even in school history, we hardly learnt chinese history.

We learnt about world wars. We learned about SEA history.

Mine was indonesia and Malaya history lol.

Mine was Thai history....

really waste time

• Praise 1

in before someone say "down with tiongs!"

[laugh]

actually there is a lot of chinese culture to be proud of.

it only went downhill after the communist took over.

the great leap forward led to them falling on their faces and they havent recovered since.

i suspect that alot of the bad behavior we see now is at least partially due to that period.

• Praise 1

Yeah, that's him.

ys_68055.jpg

To understand how Shih Huang Ti, his family background and the rise of his great empire, one has to read the history of Spring Autumn (Confucius) and Warring States (after Confucius). Qin was not a major power to begin with. Some legends say they grew from nomadic tribes.

I think during the initial of Spring Autumn, the more powerful countries are 楚 and 吴?

Colonial history ?

yes mostly. 

Learn about how the straits settlements, federal states etc were governed. Pangkor treaty etc.

World history is only about events of the World wars and great depression.

That's for secondary school.

actually there is a lot of chinese culture to be proud of.

it only went downhill after the communist took over.

the great leap forward led to them falling on their faces and they havent recovered since.

i suspect that alot of the bad behavior we see now is at least partially due to that period.

that's why i find it funny that Mao is still regarded a hero.

Jiang Qing couldn't have done all she did without the tacit approval by Mao.

really waste time

hmmm the rote learning for the history exam itself is pretty pointless. But i've always liked history so it's ok for me.

I think it's always good to understand what happened.

All the events we see today, somehow or another, it has happened before in the past.

Edited by Lala81

A lot of mighty emperors during old age also become a little insane. Example one of my fav emperor 汉武帝。He killed his own son and daughters. Too worried about the 巫术 (black magic)

there were a total of 208 Emperors in China history and most died before reaching 60, only Qian Long lived till a ripe old age of 89. 

I read a lot about the Empress Dowager, Ci Xi . . . . very interesting character indeed.

really waste time

wait till you study history of Mesapotamia . . or whatever it is. [grin]  

oh..ya....mistook it for Tu Gu Wudi of the Reincarnation series...

there were a total of 208 Emperors in China history and most died before reaching 60, only Qian Long lived till a ripe old age of 89. 

I read a lot about the Empress Dowager, Ci Xi . . . . very interesting character indeed.

wait till you study history of Mesapotamia . . or whatever it is. [grin]  

hahahaha!! Wake up!!  [smash]  [laugh]

To show respect to his grand father, Qiang Long only remain his emperor position for 60 years cos Kang Xi was 61 years.

Han Wu Di died at the age of 70.

I think in Chinese history most of the ppl died much younger than now. That's why there is one saying in Chinese 人生七十古来稀

封神榜 is between 商 and 周。 周文王and 姜子牙

周武王 also. Taking revenge for his father (周文王) and brother .

• Praise 1

Issit true that the emperor send zheng he south to look for and finish off his brother?

I not sure of this but this emperor 朱棣 is one of the interest character.

Snatch the emperor throne from his nephew. Moved the capital from Nanjing to Beijing, built the Forbidden city.

Without him maybe the capital of China still in Nanjing. LOL

• Praise 1

So the saying goes that he lived most of his life in the North, and is more accustomed to the Beijing climate. More likely, I say he needed to shift the political center of his empire away from the political influences in the South.

North wind blowing is like giant Aircon :grin:

So the saying goes that he lived most of his life in the North, and is more accustomed to the Beijing climate. More likely, I say he needed to shift the political center of his empire away from the political influences in the South.

Yes, he was 北平王. 朱元章 let him be the King of 北平. He later change the name from 北平 to 北京.

yes mostly.

Learn about how the straits settlements, federal states etc were governed. Pangkor treaty etc.

World history is only about events of the World wars and great depression.

That's for secondary school.

that's why i find it funny that Mao is still regarded a hero.

Jiang Qing couldn't have done all she did without the tacit approval by Mao.

hmmm the rote learning for the history exam itself is pretty pointless. But i've always liked history so it's ok for me.

I think it's always good to understand what happened.

All the events we see today, somehow or another, it has happened before in the past.

Great men have great vices that are frequently overlooked...

Like that fact that Mao likes to deflower little girls? And the fact that he does it knowingly when he has VDs?

Great men have great vices that are frequently overlooked...

Like that fact that Mao likes to deflower little girls? And the fact that he does it knowingly when he has VDs?

that one i dunno how substantiated was that. Obviously chinese version of history won't mention it and the western ones, sometimes dunno if colored by cold war tensions.

What is definite, the great leap instituted by him (via proxy of Jiang Qing and the Gang) killed many millions by starvation. Not to mention the other people caught up in the violence of the times.

↡ Advertisement