COE bidding - 2nd round of Feb 2017 delayed with change

wdldalian

will see, but gov can not do it too obviously.

Aiya, obvious or not also like this. Nothing you can do about it. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Hopefully not quota/loan changing news. Anyway here is my take....

Cat A: $45,000 ~ $47,000 (a dip of 1 ~ 2k or more)
​For the past 4 months the race for COE in this cat wasn't as strong as the days earlier. Chances for a dip is high.
Even the news of U/G buying tones of cars doesn't seems to push it much higher, so they have already soften in their bidding strategy.
​Economy is somewhat in technical recession, well we shall see if its true...
Again, I really hope and will expected a tumble in price in this cat in the months to come.

Cat B: $47,000 ~ $48,000 (small dip of 1k or remain the same)
​Prices is always been volatile in this cat and the chances for a dip is moderate as base on last few months of biddings.
​Again will also expect price to fall pretty soon as quota keeps increasing for the first half of the year.

Everyone hold on tight....hopefully it's not a rough ride ahead...push those PH to taxi cat la...!!! Hahaha...that's the better type of announcement for me perhaps...

I think taxi got no cat to bid one, for replacement they payPQP, for new ones they take from  Cat E.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

sian x 1000

chut pattern on the bidding which I place order

hope the announcements are just about the increase max loan limit and diesel tax changes which are somewhat expected

dont tweak CEVS now please

dont tweak COE quota formula please 

max loan and diesel tax i dont think need to push back the bidding days. I remember the loan thingy is usually WIF one, banks will just adjust accordingly. 

Something so major they need to push it back so much? funny leh.  [rolleyes]

Mayb is something very new, so new it takes sometime for everyone to digest and react to it.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

max loan and diesel tax i dont think need to push back the bidding days. I remember the loan thingy is usually WIF one, banks will just adjust accordingly. 

Mayb is something very new, so new it takes sometime for everyone to digest and react to it.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hmm, something new ah, sounds so exciting. Lol.

Hmm, something new ah, sounds so exciting. Lol.

I dont know man. 

But, loan, diesel tax, CEVS, quota, all these are not new, any adjustments the banks and ADs will be able to react and response to them. So even if they announce budget on Monday, bidding close on Wednesday late afternoon, there is enough time to response. Now they push the closing to Friday, meaning effectively give every player a lot for time to digest, comprehend, and react. It will have to be something not within expectation, so market reaction can be mixed, takes a few days to settle and move forward. Dont forget dealers usually dont bid until last 15 min.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

yes that's true. loan and diesel no need to push back bidding to annouce. 

therefore it will should an explosive announcement, something that will likely cause dealers to react, consumers to react and need a few days for market to correct.

seems likely that it is the kind of announcement that will impact car sell prices 

• Praise 2

For potential buyers on the verge of buying, does it make sense to lock in prices now (esp for guaranteed coe bidding) before the announcement ?

Its a gamble but I reckon the chances are the announcement will not be beneficial to buyers. 

• Praise 1

yes that's true. loan and diesel no need to push back bidding to annouce. 

therefore it will should an explosive announcement, something that will likely cause dealers to react, consumers to react and need a few days for market to correct.

seems likely that it is the kind of announcement that will impact car sell prices 

My guess is, it will be something along that line. 

It may involve many parties, and each would have a different reaction, will take the major players a few days to sit down and work it out. Market may have very mix reaction after the news break. 

For potential buyers on the verge of buying, does it make sense to lock in prices now (esp for guaranteed coe bidding) before the announcement ?
Its a gamble but I reckon the chances are the announcement will not be beneficial to buyers. 

one bird in hand is better than eyeing and trying to catch a swam of birds. 

with car-lite in the pipe, light wont be shining at the buyers, even if short term benefits, the policy will result in a long term pain for buyers. If I am in the market now, I will catch whatever within my reach and leave the play ground.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

ST article on this just published:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-tender-postponment-sparks-speculation-of-big-car-tax-changes

COE tender postponment sparks speculation of big car tax changes

SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority announced on Friday that the next certificiate of entitlement (COE) tender will be delayed for two days, triggering speculation that major changes affecting car buyers are afoot.

The LTA said bidding will begin next Wednesday and end on Friday, instead of the usual Monday to Wednesday exercise period.

Motor traders expect announcements to be made next Monday on Budget day to have an impact on prices.

"There must be some structural changes coming," said a veteran motor trader who declined to be named. "Otherwise, they won't need to postpone bidding."

There is also talk that the government will lower the annual vehicle population growth rate further. It is now 0.25 per cent, and the possibility of zero growth has been raised before by Senior Minister of State, Josephine Teo.

The other widely expected change is to the Carbon Emissions-based Vehicle Scheme. As first reported by The Straits Times, the government is looking to inject more criteria into the scheme which dishes out tax rebates and surcharges according to how much carbon dioxide a car emits.

New pollutants being looked into are hydrocarbons, fine particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides.

And with recently announced rules for private-hire cars, there is also talk the government might bar private-hire operators from bidding directly for COEs. Private-hire players such as Uber and Grab have been blamed for pushing COE prices up in the last two years when they started buying new cars to grow their fleets.

Taxi companies are barred from bidding. Instead they pay a prevailing quota premium for new cabs.

•  

Edited by TangoElite

this is more exciting than the Presidential Erection news  :D

It would have to be quite earth shaking for the Govt not to have pre-warned the major stake holders ( car dealers and banks) prior to announcement. Even need to give them a few days to digest and collaborate cooperate  [sly]

My guess is, it will be something along that line. 

It may involve many parties, and each would have a different reaction, will take the major players a few days to sit down and work it out. Market may have very mix reaction after the news break. 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 3

SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority announced on Friday that the next certificiate of entitlement (COE) tender will be delayed for two days, triggering speculation that major changes affecting car buyers are afoot.

The LTA said bidding will begin next Wednesday and end on Friday, instead of the usual Monday to Wednesday exercise period.

Motor traders expect announcements to be made next Monday on Budget day to have an impact on prices.

"There must be some structural changes coming," said a veteran motor trader who declined to be named. "Otherwise, they won't need to postpone bidding."

There is also talk that the government will lower the annual vehicle population growth rate further. It is now 0.25 per cent, and the possibility of zero growth has been raised before by Senior Minister of State, Josephine Teo.

The other widely expected change is to the Carbon Emissions-based Vehicle Scheme. As first reported by The Straits Times, the government is looking to inject more criteria into the scheme which dishes out tax rebates and surcharges according to how much carbon dioxide a car emits.

New pollutants being looked into are hydrocarbons, fine particulate matter, carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides.

And with recently announced rules for private-hire cars, there is also talk the government might bar private-hire operators from bidding directly for COEs. Private-hire players such as Uber and Grab have been blamed for pushing COE prices up in the last two years when they started buying new cars to grow their fleets.

Taxi companies are barred from bidding. Instead they pay a prevailing quota premium for new cabs.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-tender-postponement-sparks-speculation-of-big-car-tax-changes?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1487317615

• Praise 2

Goverment will try their best to maintain the coe price la. So any changes will most likely be negative to consumers

I guess

+-1k for each cat

so many years you all still don't understand the govt meh?

delay so that people can rush in before the changes start

long queues overnight at showrooms coming again

:D

↡ Advertisement