COE bidding - 2nd round of Feb 2017 delayed with change

wdldalian

I think favour to buyer la as LTA hint us don' buy first wait after Budget car price will come down !

Edited by Char

I think favour to buyer la as LTA hint us don' buy first wait after Budget car price will come down !

Unlikely. Whatever they give, they will take back through other forms.

Actually, since budget in on Monday, no need to delay ma (if they want to change CEVS, road tax, car growth, etc). Unless they going to disallow uber from bidding from 2nd Feb bidding onwards or change CAT A and CAT B categorisation.

• Praise 1

Why delay two days? To allow buyers to evaluate and decide, already hits won't be affected too much, you buyers got time to make your choice.

Why rush?

Well so long as people are unhappy with public transport, there will be a demand for cars:

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/what-public-transport-surveys-tell-us-about-customer-satisfaction

And e-bikers causing fires, that doesn't help either..

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/more-fires-caused-by-charging-e-bikes-power-banks-4-such-incidents

My guess:

1) CEVs changes

2) up petrol/diesel tax

3) up ERP rates

4) ease car loan

5) PARF changes

6) U/G categorized like taxi

7) reduce COE quotas cos (6)

8) ADs/PIs not allowed to bid COEs

9) 5 - 8 to take effect after current quarterly COE quotas

SIC/GLC ... Huat Ah!!!

Why delay COE bidding? People who have been observing policies change in SG would probably have guessed it - structural changes in COE system in very near future and increase in car ownership/usage costs are expected. The delay is like a 'cooling off' period so no one can blame KPKB. There will be also Q&A sessions with FM and industry experts to make the policies sound reasonable.

We also had seen left hand gave some sweets and right hand collected back more than just sweets many times already.

A classic delay very recently to the announcement of COE quotas. In the end, who had benefited?

What you think will happen to future COE prices?

Your guess now

My gut feel is it's advisable to commit this weekend.

The policy changes are more likely than not, to lead to COE price increase, in view of going Car Lite.

How to go car lite when they havent fix the issues on public transport? If reliability of train and bus service are good, most people will go car lite.

• Praise 2

I just wondering will it got to do with the number of cars per household or under a person's name? E.g. 2nd car onwards> additional charge on top of the bidded COE.

Hopefully it is.

Heard PH not allowed to bid in cat A anymore. If that's really the case think we can see 30k coe for cat A again with these higher quota in this quarter.

One thing is certain.

Don;t expect any policy changes that would result in decrease in revenue - ie. COE prices to drop.

When COE prices dropped to near $40K levels mid last year, the relevant authorities fast hand fast leg increased the loan ceiling to drive demand & COE prices UP.  

• Praise 1

If that is the case.... LCR's thousands of cars how to calculate the additional charge?  I hope LCR is treated as a single "household"  as well....  :D

I just wondering will it got to do with the number of cars per household or under a person's name? E.g. 2nd car onwards> additional charge on top of the bidded COE.

• Praise 1

I believe even reliability is good, there will still be dissatisfaction of crowded-ness and such. I have been taking trains for 2 months already and experienced countless delays, disruptions, train suddenly jam brake, no aircon, and a few times people farting. It's crowded. Stuck at my position. Sh*t.

How to go car lite when they havent fix the issues on public transport? If reliability of train and bus service are good, most people will go car lite.

↡ Advertisement