The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

If I am not wrong govt don't allow u collect water from rainwater. PUB warn against it

Anyone can confirm this.

This rule relaxed liao since 2005.

You can collect it but cannot use it for drinking and that you have to satisfy a whole list of requirements about its collection plus discharging it. But I doubt they will go around every household to check on that.

↡ Advertisement

this  1  i dun understand. 

i thought newwater is goverment project? how come goverment have to pay for their own water??

if not, then newater is buy from private company??

buying from private company, 10 years can up price by 9100%??? 

Read properly leh.

ha.. see la.. your sarcasm confused so many ppl ...  :XD:  [smash]

Nvm la. Understand or dun understand also same result.

Do doesn't mean legal.

Saf rule 7. Do but don't get caught.

Haha. I hear ppl say only.

I checked PUB website on rainwater harvesting; Yes you can - no problem at all !!

No need to get caught

So rain cum , everyone bring pails out and put in balcony and make sure you use it immediately

In fact I have done same in my house and I put a piece of cloth over the pail and tie it around ( I use old big T shirt so it like condoms over the pail  )  ; so that dust or dirt does not go in and keep the water clean and no mozzies too  ; problem solved; make govt earn less money [scholar] )    

Search within:
  • PUB
  • Whole of Government
The following FAQs could be helpful:

Search results: 1 record(s) found.

PUB allows rainwater collection for non-potable use in one’s own premise. For more information, please refer to 
  • Praise 3

Like i said in the budget thread:

the excuse of increasing the taxes are all in the name of green this and green that.
you know, i will be damn glad to pay the increase if there are plans to make use of that increased collection towards green plans.

what i cannot accept is that they just use a broad stroke excuse (ie increasing cost) and then increase the price.
break down that increasing cost, justify it so that everyone got no way to question that cost increase. 
- salary? my salary never increase in years! read --> YEARS!!!
- infrastructure?
- material?
be transparent about the increase, and people will accept it if you have to increase prices to keep things running.

the other thing i cannot accept is, the excuse that in-the-name-of-going-green, prices will be increased.
fair enough. you want to increase based on that, then you better have plans to show that you are also making plans to go green to utilize this additional monies that are collected for this  in-the-name-of-going-green-to-increase-price excuse.
- more solar panels for HDB blocks to reduce carbon food print of corridor lights, lifts... etc?
- invest in technologies to harvest resources from the sea (ie hydro electric generators, desalination of sea water for consumption...etc)?

read the whole blardy budget, all pro-business and nothing towards investing in green technology. WTF?

• Praise 1

Press Release from Ministry of Ideas And Overzealous (MIAO):

With effect from today, all swimming pools in Singapore will be drained and the use of water inside them banned henceforth

Members of the public who KPKB still wants to swim, please go the sea.

In the meantime the empty swimming pools will be converted for recreational use shown below:

hqdefault.jpg

For those still not happy please go fly-kite, possibly at the empty pool deck.

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Like i said in the budget thread:

the excuse of increasing the taxes are all in the name of green this and green that.

you know, i will be damn glad to pay the increase if there are plans to make use of that increased collection towards green plans.

what i cannot accept is that they just use a broad stroke excuse (ie increasing cost) and then increase the price.

break down that increasing cost, justify it so that everyone got no way to question that cost increase. 

- salary? my salary never increase in years! read --> YEARS!!!

- infrastructure?

- material?

be transparent about the increase, and people will accept it if you have to increase prices to keep things running.

the other thing i cannot accept is, the excuse that in-the-name-of-going-green, prices will be increased.

fair enough. you want to increase based on that, then you better have plans to show that you are also making plans to go green to utilize this additional monies that are collected for this  in-the-name-of-going-green-to-increase-price excuse.

- more solar panels for HDB blocks to reduce carbon food print of corridor lights, lifts... etc?

- invest in technologies to harvest resources from the sea (ie hydro electric generators, desalination of sea water for consumption...etc)?

read the whole blardy budget, all pro-business and nothing towards investing in green technology. WTF?

Govt don't need to come up with any plans... those industries affected by the tax will be forced to innovate & implement green technology to reduce their carbon footprint & therefore reduce the tax increase impact... those who don't then suck thumb & pay lor.. Brilliant fr govt!

On separate note... as consumer, even we play our part to conserve water... we still going to be kenna by the trickle effect as some bro mentioned... really sucks :lll._.: ... those not staying in hdb also no rebate... bear the full brunt. 

• Praise 1

For the water tax, they should at least cater in number of person in the household and set the tier accordingly instead of blindly set at 40m cube. Those who have 3 generations staying together will surely use more than 40m cube, especially folk staying fulltime at home and cooks. Simply not family friendly.

and all these will have a trickle down effect on all of us...

the products we buy.. the food we eat.. watever u can think off... 

since they are taxing a basic RAW material.... 

The trickle effect is gonna be much worst then the 30% increase in water itself... & we don't even has a control over it...

Food price sure going to increase & normally when increase; easily 50 cents which translate to > 10% increase for a typical $4 meal  [shakehead]

If the ice caps are melting and the oceans rising

isn't the best thing to do is use more water to

stop the oceans rising? We got 7 billion people

if we all drank just 1 litre of water, the oceans

will be 7 billion litres lower. So the more swimming

pools we build and store water the less water will

be in the oceans. That's how to stop rising oceans.

Make water cheaper.

:D

• Praise 6

If the ice caps are melting and the oceans rising

isn't the best thing to do is use more water to

stop the oceans rising? We got 7 billion people

if we all drank just 1 litre of water, the oceans

will be 7 billion litres lower. So the more swimming

pools we build and store water the less water will

be in the oceans. That's how to stop rising oceans.

Make water cheaper.

we sld build many many pools, and make Malaysia pay for it.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

like can play futsal 

Press Release from Ministry of Ideas And Overzealous (MIAO):

With effect from today, all swimming pools in Singapore will be drained and the use of water inside them banned henceforth

Members of the public who KPKB still wants to swim, please go the sea.

In the meantime the empty swimming pools will be converted for recreational use shown below:

hqdefault.jpg

For those still not happy please go fly-kite, possibly at the empty pool deck.

[laugh]

Nobody mention electricity tariff will go up too due to carbon tax?

Now that you mentioned it.

They will bring it up and says

suggestion didn't come from them.