The new Water and Carbon Tax

RadX

Govt don't need to come up with any plans... those industries affected by the tax will be forced to innovate & implement green technology to reduce their carbon footprint & therefore reduce the tax increase impact... those who don't then suck thumb & pay lor.. Brilliant fr govt!

On separate note... as consumer, even we play our part to conserve water... we still going to be kenna by the trickle effect as some bro mentioned... really sucks :lll._.: ... those not staying in hdb also no rebate... bear the full brunt. 

the whole purpose of collecting tax is to allow the govt to have revenue to spent ON THE PEOPLE.

it is not for them to pat themselves on the back at the end of the day saying they collected more money this year than last, then reward themselves with a huge performance bonus.

if there are no plans to spend that green tax on projects that goes in the direction of green, no one will be happy with increased tax thrown upon them.

but turn around, if you have clear plans to spend that green tax on projects that goes towards making SG on a whole a greener country, which could in turn translate to better living conditions for SGreans (ie fresher air, cleaner power, more sustainable water resource... etc), then, even if we are not happy about the green tax, we can still accept it as it is going towards a better future for us and our later generations.

as of now, it is just collecting money from us. nothing more. which is why so many is griping. cos there is no reason to just increase tax cos you say so (aka there-is-increasing-cost excuse). agree?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

please dun get personal on this, one more time will serve you warning.

Budget not all plan out by him.

Planned together with Josephine. Hahaha

If I am not wrong govt don't allow u collect water from rainwater. PUB warn against it

Anyone can confirm this.

I know where to steal free drinking water. Carpark washing bay

the whole purpose of collecting tax is to allow the govt to have revenue to spent ON THE PEOPLE.

it is not for them to pat themselves on the back at the end of the day saying they collected more money this year than last, then reward themselves with a huge performance bonus.

if there are no plans to spend that green tax on projects that goes in the direction of green, no one will be happy with increased tax thrown upon them.

but turn around, if you have clear plans to spend that green tax on projects that goes towards making SG on a whole a greener country, which could in turn translate to better living conditions for SGreans (ie fresher air, cleaner power, more sustainable water resource... etc), then, even if we are not happy about the green tax, we can still accept it as it is going towards a better future for us and our later generations.

as of now, it is just collecting money from us. nothing more. which is why so many is griping. cos there is no reason to just increase tax cos you say so (aka there-is-increasing-cost excuse). agree?

Next thing you will be saying as a manager I shouldn't be squeezing my staff to work harder

and then pay myself a huge bonus as a reward? Why not?

:D

I am not that worried about the 30% increase. Has checked and my monthly water bills are less than $20. A full 30% increase will most probably push it up by another $6?

I stay in a HDB and will have $60 extra to offset this, and will at most have one bowl of ramen less per month to offset this increase?

I think this will hit harder on the factories and manufacturing sectors.

On the other hand, if the govt tries this same method on electricity..... I will definitely die. lol

Don't be deceived by the rebate. Without increase they also would our rebate. Secondly rebate only for limited time while ncrease is definite.

I already eating instant ramiem. Can't even afford ramiem at restaurant.

I am sure coffee tian will surely increase the price of coffee.

As for industrial usage. Company will surely cut employee pay or pass the cost over to consumer.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Cannot take it, must cross post:

Desalination - works and we did it

Wind? Spend millions on windmills? You need big wind, all the time for this to work well. 

Solar? Yes, possible, but the panels are pretty costly.

If we had spent on that, another bunch of people will curse the government for wasting money, when there's cheap labor available..

It's pretty easy to discuss this from the comforts of our home, but implementing it isn't so easy. Cheers

I have been to SF, where if you drive towards Yosemite, there are acres upon acres of windmills.

Literally hundreds of these, spread over a land area which is probably half the size of SG.

Hilltops. 

Potentially from a mechanical point of view, yes, all our rooftops can employ solar panels, and we can force everyone to put a windmill on top of their property. 

Then the complaints, whining will start. Anti government protests on how this makes their place ugly, and reduces their selling price.. 

I am a fan of clean energy, but I live in SG, not Iceland.. so I will accept one step at a time, and I look forward to the next evolution of clean energy.

Don't forget, early adopters pay more, for panels etc. And there are carbon footprints to pay for the construction of these items, and their batteries..

Press Release from Ministry of Ideas And Overzealous (MIAO):

With effect from today, all swimming pools in Singapore will be drained and the use of water inside them banned henceforth

Members of the public who KPKB still wants to swim, please go the sea.

In the meantime the empty swimming pools will be converted for recreational use shown below:

hqdefault.jpg

For those still not happy please go fly-kite, possibly at the empty pool deck.

[laugh]

Fwah this type of floor surface if fall down or skid the skin will peel off from our legs and we might die pain pain [dizzy]

Edited by Kyrios

I am not that worried about the 30% increase. Has checked and my monthly water bills are less than $20. A full 30% increase will most probably push it up by another $6?

I stay in a HDB and will have $60 extra to offset this, and will at most have one bowl of ramen less per month to offset this increase?

I think this will hit harder on the factories and manufacturing sectors.

On the other hand, if the govt tries this same method on electricity..... I will definitely die. lol

+1

Before I get labelled elitist.. in the grand scheme of things, a few more dollars is not that bad.

It may push more people to stop wasting water..

But I know some greedy shops will use any excuse to raise their prices..

il_340x270.601445180_9fh3.jpg

Like i said in the budget thread:

the excuse of increasing the taxes are all in the name of green this and green that.

you know, i will be damn glad to pay the increase if there are plans to make use of that increased collection towards green plans.

what i cannot accept is that they just use a broad stroke excuse (ie increasing cost) and then increase the price.

break down that increasing cost, justify it so that everyone got no way to question that cost increase.

- salary? my salary never increase in years! read --> YEARS!!!

- infrastructure?

- material?

be transparent about the increase, and people will accept it if you have to increase prices to keep things running.

the other thing i cannot accept is, the excuse that in-the-name-of-going-green, prices will be increased.

fair enough. you want to increase based on that, then you better have plans to show that you are also making plans to go green to utilize this additional monies that are collected for this in-the-name-of-going-green-to-increase-price excuse.

- more solar panels for HDB blocks to reduce carbon food print of corridor lights, lifts... etc?

- invest in technologies to harvest resources from the sea (ie hydro electric generators, desalination of sea water for consumption...etc)?

read the whole blardy budget, all pro-business and nothing towards investing in green technology. WTF?

Talk about wage increase. Just last week saw the CNA reported that 2016 wages increased per household. Knn whenever see such news..Sure there gonna increase rate somewhere.

Anyone here raise hand..Any salary increased in 2016?

As I feared after the twin jet planes disaster,

http://forums.homedialysis.org/archive/index.php/t-1561.html

This is only one aspect of hell care.

Cham Liao, got Rolex mountain also cannot tahan.

Say 450 liters per week, wah lau, need at least 5k salary per month to afford to stay alive.

Not including drinking.

1 cu m is 1000 litres = $2 so 1 dollar per week lor.

Edited by Kusje

they can say this until trump come and ccb the paris treaty...then see how they gostan or what will they do haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

they can say this until trump come and ccb the paris treaty...then see how they gostan or what will they do haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

at times like these... we need bro @mockngbrd with his classic put down....  :XD:

Gahmen is introducing the new Water tax in 2018

Let's discuss here

Luckily the ladies never follows gahment water tax hike, as usual free flows on the house for mankind. And if you do have any secret informations please discuss in this particular post.
  • Praise 4

at times like these... we need bro @mockngbrd with his classic put down....  :XD:

ohhhh..now have @lala81 with a similar put down

come @lala81 give it to us haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cannot take it, must cross post:

Desalination - works and we did it

Wind? Spend millions on windmills? You need big wind, all the time for this to work well.

Solar? Yes, possible, but the panels are pretty costly.

If we had spent on that, another bunch of people will curse the government for wasting money, when there's cheap labor available..

It's pretty easy to discuss this from the comforts of our home, but implementing it isn't so easy. Cheers

I have been to SF, where if you drive towards Yosemite, there are acres upon acres of windmills.

Literally hundreds of these, spread over a land area which is probably half the size of SG.

Hilltops.

Potentially from a mechanical point of view, yes, all our rooftops can employ solar panels, and we can force everyone to put a windmill on top of their property.

Then the complaints, whining will start. Anti government protests on how this makes their place ugly, and reduces their selling price..

I am a fan of clean energy, but I live in SG, not Iceland.. so I will accept one step at a time, and I look forward to the next evolution of clean energy.

Don't forget, early adopters pay more, for panels etc. And there are carbon footprints to pay for the construction of these items, and their batteries..

bro.....most hdb blocks are installed with solar panels. They completed my area last year. Heard its a trial project for public lightings!
↡ Advertisement