Calling JDM sports or rare car owners

Sw20

Hi,

I would like to reach out to all of you who owns a JDM sports car meet, like how our neighbours have it.

Even if yours is not a sport car but of rarity, please include yourself in too.

We could mass order parts which would be cheaper to buy and ship from the same distributor in Japan, US or UK.

TUNING?

Aim is to bring back the nostalgic sports car meets back in the days of Kallang Carpark.

Drift outings or practice Autox, Gymkana at our neighbours or safe location. Which may have a food destination.

If you are feeling charitable we could organise something for social welfare as well.

Is an open discussion and I would like to start the ball rolling.

It also would be interesting to see what gems we have in Singapore as well. If your car is not in there like Daihatsu or Datsun, kindly include.

Honda

Mazda

1. Mazda RX-8 Type RS - Sw20

Mitsubishi

Nissan

Toyota

Subaru

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Honda

Mazda

Mitsubishi

1. Lancer Evolution IX GT - R32

Nissan

Toyota

Subaru

• Praise 2

Hi R32,

Nice to see you here. I love the 5 speed to he 6 speed. The ratio matches the revs so seamlessly.

You renew the COE for this gem? The very last iron engine block.

Cheers.

Hi Abbot95,

May i know what mileage are you getting?

Is really a nice spec after googling what it is.

Hi R32,

Nice to see you here. I love the 5 speed to he 6 speed. The ratio matches the revs so seamlessly.

You renew the COE for this gem? The very last iron engine block.

Cheers.

Yes, renewed.

post-166204-0-31214700-1487993212_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Can I buy your EVO.........hahhahahaha

You can make an offer, I can choose to accept or not [;)] but I don't think I will accept just market price for the car.

Nice red! Love the stock jdm look.

Thanks - it doesn't just look stock, it is stock, for the most part. The factory output is generally adequate for use on the roads in Singapore!

Mazda

How are you liking your RX-8? I cross-shopped this car for a bit but was dissuaded by a friend who had a 2005 RX-8 where things went wrong at relatively low mileages. They were being sold for reasonably low depreciation and the thirst for petrol was offset by the road tax, and it looked pretty good being all curvy and swoopy and suicide doors for not a lot of money.

Wah, very economical for a heavy car.

Ya, comparing to agent's Odyssey which I owned previously and the current JDM Odyssey, some how this car clocks around 10-15% better mileage.

Big plus point is the extra power to pull this big elephant.

Thanks - it doesn't just look stock, it is stock, for the most part. The factory output is generally adequate for use on the roads in Singapore!

How are you liking your RX-8? I cross-shopped this car for a bit but was dissuaded by a friend who had a 2005 RX-8 where things went wrong at relatively low mileages. They were being sold for reasonably low depreciation and the thirst for petrol was offset by the road tax, and it looked pretty good being all curvy and swoopy and suicide doors for not a lot of money.

Is most reliable in keeping that form. It is already fast coming out from the box. You remapped your ecu for some gains?

I doubt you have speed cut right?

RX-8 is an awesome car coming from me who is an MR enthusiast.

Let me shoot the pros then followed by cons.

This is the revised model of the RX-8 which you hear problems most coming from 2006 models and below.

The problems no longer exists. It is very reliable as a daily driver.

Suspension is Bilstein, stiffer than usual rx-8 by about 10-20% depending on feel because the suspension is progressive.

Very accurate in the corners and drifting in its stock form.

Not a fast car 0-100kmh or top speed, but good car for mountains as it is so well balanced that I can enter and exit corners at aggressive speeds. Road holding is as good as Lotus, which is one of the best i ever driven for road holding.

Solid chassis, doesn't twist nor flexes at crucial areas.

Bought this as a family car, rear seats has anchor points to install baby seat.

Mileage good or bad I am getting between 7km/l to 9km/l depending on how I drive.

The bad thing about this car.

The built - some parts use wrong materials or placement can be improved. Example, breaking of clutch pedal, light weight aluminum is anchored to the fire wall. ( Installed reinforced pedal)

The engine mount is too near the manifold, it tends to melt. ( Changed to aluminum mounts)

The CEL comes on quite often because it is sensitive to ambient temps or when your intake is leaking.

Spark plugs only last a year - you will see an increase in consumption and loss in power.

Misfiring happens quite commonly due to Ignition coil being heated. (Installed Okada)

Check dipstick and add engine oil regularly.

Overall, it is a great car if you know how to overcome its cons.

Like i say this is not a fast car, but a great car for the mountains.

It is more reliable than my MR2.

Cheers.

RX8 is a good car to drive but not to own. rubbish and super lousy quality for a 44k omv car in 2004. so many things can spoil within 50k km. absolutely to worst car to own. glad i made the right decision to rid of it. else will be forever visiting workshops and wondering each day what else will break.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2654952-is-this-rx8-worth-getting/?p=3368418

• Praise 1

Is most reliable in keeping that form. It is already fast coming out from the box. You remapped your ecu for some gains?

I doubt you have speed cut right?

However stock it is, it is still a 10 year old car and things are bound to fail sooner or later! I changed a radiator last year.

I did not remap the ECU and I suppose the speed cut is still there.

RX8 is a good car to drive but not to own. rubbish and super lousy quality for a 44k omv car in 2004. so many things can spoil within 50k km. absolutely to worst car to own. glad i made the right decision to rid of it. else will be forever visiting workshops and wondering each day what else will break.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2654952-is-this-rx8-worth-getting/?p=3368418

Oh man, I feel your pain. Yes you are right, the later models did address several of the issues.

RS panthera, r magic, re-amemiya, are the most common brand i sourced for aftermarket parts, like reinforced clutch pedal, aluminum engine mount, etc.

The plastic vacuum elbows breaks easily too, going to customize a stainless steel.

However stock it is, it is still a 10 year old car and things are bound to fail sooner or later! I changed a radiator last year.

I did not remap the ECU and I suppose the speed cut is still there.

Shall we try it out? :D

Mine is limited to 185kmh. I need to remap. :(