SUV side step

Jaason3138

Anyone installed SUV side steps? Besides for the elderly any other advantage? Does it protect your car when neighbour opening and hit into yours? What else to consider? Truly Maintenance free? Cost? Where to install in Singapore? Anything to share

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There are various types of side steps (actually the correct term is Running Board).

-Static vs retractable

- more flushed with the door panel vs protruding out a fair bit from the door panel

- original manufacturer vs aftermarket

- even aftermarket also have differences in the designs from the OEM

Running boards are most useful for SUVs that are very tall. Helps the elderly and kids climb up and down the SUV.

These days there are alot of SUVs that are not as tall, so these running boards might be a hinderance to the smooth ingress/egress of the driver and the passengers when they try to step over the running boards (skipping it) to alight. That's when you get dirty trousers/pants from the calves brushing against the dirty running boards.

Maintenance wise is an extra effort to clean during each washing.

• Praise 2

I'm afraid the side-steps (running boards) do not act as protection for your SUV against careless knocks.

That 1 is unavoidable.

Unless you install proximity sensor in your car. 

Are you referring to vezzel.

It does not prevent knocking unless your is really protruding and the car next to yours is super low  like mx5,z3, copen, mini, etc

My fortuner come with it and it is really slippy when wet, that is something u must take note, anyway few months left.

• Praise 1

Let Taobao show you....  :D

post-24957-0-73493000-1487764349_thumb.jpg

post-24957-0-14951700-1487764504.jpg

Those install side step, is it durable? Can it actually take the weight of a person stepping on it, or for show only?

• Praise 1

Looks like not worth to spend this money?

I had it installed, and it is worth every cent. My kids can climp up my suv without any help. However, the older folks never use them at all.

• Praise 1

I spot a Kia Sportage and Toyota Harrier with running board (side step) today. Kind of feel it was high enough and did protect doors from getting dongs by the Neighbour car. Am I wrong?

I spot a Kia Sportage and Toyota Harrier with running board (side step) today. Kind of feel it was high enough and did protect doors from getting dongs by the Neighbour car. Am I wrong?

Neighbeiour car won't do much damage one

But if lorry, van, pickup, bus, the side step won't be of any use

And the damage more

i have on my x-trail.

useful for young kids ( mine is 3yr old) to scamper up and down themselves.

for most adults don't really need.

anyway, it's only a few hundred bucks. doesn't really matter lah.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Any bros out there know of shops that sell & install 2017 Harrier side-step / running board & sun visor??

Any bros out there know of shops that sell & install 2017 Harrier side-step / running board & sun visor??

Buy online then bring it to your own workshop, waaay cheaper and more variety
↡ Advertisement