VW Golf 2017

therock

Looks nice, but the reviewer mentions the new DSG still has a jerkiness:

Another review:

dono if VW is reliable in the long run...it has been a prob for many yrs lo

• Praise 1

bigger engine and yet same output as the former 1.4?? that's stupid.

Why bro?

A bigger power output version is available. That one will burst the cat A requirement and may have higher VES surcharge.

Its a new 1.5T with cylinder on demand and VTG turbo. It's hardly near stupid.

The stupid part is the service. Have to ask if there are qualified mech who knows this cylinder shut off stuff.

Many would tell you to avoid , not because of the problem, but because even the outside workshop does not know enough to repair.

Its almost the same argument of buying a hybrid. Unless there is 10year warranty like KIA, no one would want to touch it.

• Praise 1

My friend got his golf 1.2 last dec... just heard going into workshop to change his clutch. Started when he heard noises during gear change. Send in overnight, got a call in late afternoon that mech is on MC. Stayed another day. Then another call to inform said clutch was changed, but hear another noise. Have to leave in workshop another day to diagnose.

Damn jialat... was looking at vw cars recently. I think i should put my money elsewhere.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My friend got his golf 1.2 last dec... just heard going into workshop to change his clutch. Started when he heard noises during gear change. Send in overnight, got a call in late afternoon that mech is on MC. Stayed another day. Then another call to inform said clutch was changed, but hear another noise. Have to leave in workshop another day to diagnose.

Damn jialat... was looking at vw cars recently. I think i should put my money elsewhere.

I have the same friend...silver color ride correct...? Anyways he took the risk...everyone believe he is a heng kia until they tio cheng...

• Praise 1

Its a new 1.5T with cylinder on demand and VTG turbo. It's hardly near stupid.

Actually,all these Cylinder on demand,engine Start/Stop etc,is for the Mfg to get lower CO2 emiision,in real World driving won't really save much,only more expensive servicing,needs a special battery which costed a Bomb..Etc...blah blah..

• Praise 1

Actually,all these Cylinder on demand,engine Start/Stop etc,is for the Mfg to get lower CO2 emiision,in real World driving won't really save much,only more expensive servicing,needs a special battery which costed a Bomb..Etc...blah blah..

I used to own a mk7 golf. Actually VW start stop is quite primitive de, when u stop the vehicle it juz check hw much charge ur battery have. If low it does not trigger the start stop, thats all to it. No such thingy as special battery. Its juz over time ur starter spoil faster if u kp usin start stop cos starter gt lifespan de
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

the 7.5 seems to have all the bells and whistle of the current generation of what a car should have. Including the safety aspect like the Volvo.

Just hope that the gesture controls has all the bugs fixed. Unlike a phone, once the contract is over or a bug fix is available, you can patch it.. this one you stuck with the issue and most times the vw service staff tells you they work at VW. Does not mean they build the car.

I suspect they will want to sell off all their remaining stock before making any announcements..

I suspect they will want to sell off all their remaining stock before making any announcements..

I suspect they need to decide what port injection cars to bring in to reduce the homogation period.

• Praise 1

Don't they use direct injection ?

The VES may also affect their pricing.. Hopefully the new engines meet the new standards

↡ Advertisement