VW Golf 2017

therock

Don't they use direct injection ?

The VES may also affect their pricing.. Hopefully the new engines meet the new standards

They have different version for different market. Depending on cost lor...

11737_15584.jpg

075067volkswagenbeetleturboandjettaglige

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

VW Singpore took the Golf GTi off their price list..... any idea why?

I was informed they sold off their last unit of the 7.0 about 3 weeks ago

Likewise for 7.0R which had been sold out for mtns

Pending for 7.5 maybe?

Edited by Dfx16
  • Praise 1

Thanks! Thought they shifting focus in their lineup. 

OIC..... ok, good, got 1.5yrs to go to see if the 7.5 is any good.

Is it likely the 7.5 is going to be killed off by the VES?

I was informed they sold off their last unit of the 7.0 about 3 weeks ago
Likewise for 7.0R which had been sold out for mtns
Pending for 7.5 maybe?

Supersonic

VW Singpore took the Golf GTi off their price list..... any idea why?

Heard the Golf 7.5 arriving year end. It might finally get a 7-spd wet DSG (DQ380 I think). But whether the GTI makes it depends on VES

Heard the Golf 7.5 arriving year end. It might finally get a 7-spd wet DSG (DQ380 I think). But whether the GTI makes it depends on VES

if its just for bragging rights that "I own a Golf GTi " then wait to see if the new GTi comes with the performance pack.

If you want a more competent yet more reasonably price Golf GTi, then a SEAT Cupra R with front differential, equipe with a Golf R 290BHP engine and sports exos , that make a better bet as its priced below a GTi with std non performance pack.

• Praise 1

There's an ad for a Golf SV for 108k today.. not too bad.

But will the real Golf show up or has it been killed by the VES?

There's an ad for a Golf SV for 108k today.. not too bad.

But will the real Golf show up or has it been killed by the VES?

The GTi and Golf R has arrived. But the invite is only send to those with deep pockets who buy 200K or more without batting and eyelid.

The type that goes, I want " Lapiz blue and when can I collect..." type of buyer. 

Only bargaining would be, " I am paying by the infinite card with full payment ....."

The GTi and Golf R has arrived. But the invite is only send to those with deep pockets who buy 200K or more without batting and eyelid.

The type that goes, I want " Lapiz blue and when can I collect..." type of buyer. 

Only bargaining would be, " I am paying by the infinite card with full payment ....."

Is it using the 7 speed "Wet" Clutch DSG.?

• Praise 2

It has a new 7 speed DSG, let's see what that is..

not sure,

Not on the invite list. But if a well specs SEAT Cupra 300 is cheaper than a GTI, the SEAT would be a better car to own. 

Just that some people who buys a GTi for what it is. 

Its a GTi. 

Something I always tells my wife. Buy charles and Kieth handbag lah. Cheap and good. Design also quite upto date.

but she roll her eyes... [laugh]

• Praise 2

not sure,

Not on the invite list. But if a well specs SEAT Cupra 300 is cheaper than a GTI, the SEAT would be a better car to own. 

Just that some people who buys a GTi for what it is. 

Its a GTi. 

Something I always tells my wife. Buy charles and Kieth handbag lah. Cheap and good. Design also quite upto date.

but she roll her eyes... [laugh]

Agreed,if don't mind the brand Seat,both used the same engine & gearbox,pay less,also service will be better,due to less cars...not like VCS,everyday Service Advisor face black [furious] .

• Praise 1

That's a tough call. Less cars, but who knows how long the Seat distro will remain viable in SG..

The litmus test - how long does it take them to get a certain part in..

That's a tough call. Less cars, but who knows how long the Seat distro will remain viable in SG..

The litmus test - how long does it take them to get a certain part in..

Well,VCS will be responsible for Seat's Parts,they all get from a VW distribution store in Jurong...VW,if parts no stock also need to order,the problem is the Service Advisor is SO BUSY[sometime already resigned & a new SA took over],he not possible to follow up your case...when the Parts came in.

• Praise 1

Agreed,if don't mind the brand Seat,both used the same engine & gearbox,pay less,also service will be better,due to less cars...not like VCS,everyday Service Advisor face black [furious] .

different engine. 

SEAT is Golf R engine

comes with Front Diff

BUT the interior is slightly less atas than a VW golf. Unless the next version comes with sports seat.

The headlight also comes standard with LED Matrix,

Edited by Sdf4786k