VW Golf 2017

therock

Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post

Cylinder head (made from a different alloy compared to other engines in this module because of higher thermal stress)

Exhaust valves (hollow, higher Ni content, nitrided)

Exhaust valve seat rings (improved temperature stability and wear resistance)

Exhaust camshaft (adapted valve timings)

Compression ratio 9.3:1 with different pistons

Piston cooling jets (higher flow rate)

High pressure injectors (even higher flow rate)

Exhaust turbocharger

Charge pressures of up to 17.4 PSI (1.2 bar)

High performance main radiator with 1-2 auxiliary radiators (depending on country specifications)

Basically two same engine capacity with different spec.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

There's an ad for a Golf SV for 108k today.. not too bad.

But will the real Golf show up or has it been killed by the VES?

They probably will bring in.

It's one of VW best selling models. 

not sure,

Not on the invite list. But if a well specs SEAT Cupra 300 is cheaper than a GTI, the SEAT would be a better car to own. 

Just that some people who buys a GTi for what it is. 

Its a GTi. 

Something I always tells my wife. Buy charles and Kieth handbag lah. Cheap and good. Design also quite upto date.

but she roll her eyes... [laugh]

Adding to the comparison, the Merc A250 is ~ $175K and has similar performance specs as GTI.

These few models are pretty compelling with their own value proposition within this price range, depending on what the buyer is looking for - family-friendly space, premium material/brand, outright performance, etc.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

Adding to the comparison, the Merc A250 is ~ $175K and has similar performance specs as GTI.

These few models are pretty compelling with their own value proposition within this price range, depending on what the buyer is looking for - family-friendly space, premium material/brand, outright performance, etc.

I would go as far as to say that the latest GTi mk7.5 is like a Casio G Shock while the merc is like a Seiko grand.

Appeal to a different group of people.

But lately , from what I understand, most cars comes too near the safety limit and out of the box experience is way more likely to be the norm than to but and mod mod mod..

• Praise 1

Lai liao..

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF, NEW AND IMPROVED

ST_20171028_CTFAST28VOLKS_3517648.jpg

Volkswagen's facelifted Golf has arrived. The 2018 car is available with a wide range of engines, including a first-time 1-litre with 110bhp and 200Nm. The usual 1.4TSI with 125bhp or 150bhp, a GTI with 230bhp, and a Golf R with 290bhp make up the rest.

Prices start at $105,900 for the 1-litre Golf TSI, $175,900 for the GTI and $211,900 for the Golf R. All models are equipped with a stop-start system, regenerative braking and a 9.2-inch infotainment touchscreen.

Lai liao..

Volkswagen's facelifted Golf has arrived. The 2018 car is available with a wide range of engines, including a first-time 1-litre with 110bhp and 200Nm. The usual 1.4TSI with 125bhp or 150bhp, a GTI with 230bhp, and a Golf R with 290bhp make up the rest.

Prices start at $105,900 for the 1-litre Golf TSI, $175,900 for the GTI and $211,900 for the Golf R. All models are equipped with a stop-start system, regenerative braking and a 9.2-inch infotainment touchscreen.

Heard the 1.0 still using dry-clutch? 

• Praise 1

Lai liao..

Please, take my money!!!!!!!
  • Praise 1

yes. any concerns? at most dry clutch wear faster and u replace them. end of story. 

Woah chill man. :D I know you have always been the 'protector of the dual clutch gearbox'. Just trying to confirm if it is a dry as previous report had stated it was a wet.

Woah chill man. :D I know you have always been the 'protector of the dual clutch gearbox'. Just trying to confirm if it is a dry as previous report had stated it was a wet.

I had a loaner for 3 weeks jetta 1.4tsi dry clutch.

Not bad leh. Nice to loot as well.

But probably 3 weeks is to short to have register anything negative about it.

Also was quite good FC. clocking 18km /lt mix driving

Still dry for the Mark 7.5 .....

• Praise 1

Still dry for the Mark 7.5 .....

They claimed it's an improved dry clutch.... whatever that means... Definitely have to put aside $$$ to replace after 3-5 years depending on warranty coverage...

To be fair, even manual car clutch will be worn and need to be replaced after a few years

Replace clutch I agree that it's wear and tear after a few years. Really the issue is Mechatronic failure rate of dry clutch DCTs. 

Neutral Newbie

today just saw VW tiguan break down on the road new model somemore,

tow truck coming I think maybe still got some problem haven't solve yet.

↡ Advertisement