VW Golf 2017

therock

They claimed it's an improved dry clutch.... whatever that means... Definitely have to put aside $$$ to replace after 3-5 years depending on warranty coverage...

I read in some magazine a while back that it's a new wet clutch ?

Let's see what the reviews say.. 

But I certainly hope they have fixed all their issues.

↡ Advertisement

today just saw VW tiguan break down on the road new model somemore,

tow truck coming I think maybe still got some problem haven't solve yet.

I read Tiguan is on wet clutch? Even for the 1.4l version.

The wet clutch is for the 1.5l version but they brought in the 1l version which is on dry clutch I read.

• Praise 4

I only know the new wet clutch is GTi and R which is now 7 speed DSG.

Not sure of the 1.0.

But the rest of the market for 1.5 and 1.4 os wet clutch.

To me dont make sense to have certain market wet clutch and dry clutch unless coming from other manufacturing site.

Than again, a whole suite of engineering issues.

Replace clutch I agree that it's wear and tear after a few years. Really the issue is Mechatronic failure rate of dry clutch DCTs. 

the mechatronic failure has nothing to do with wet or dry clutch. it's a separate part altogether. dry clutch will wear out faster like a manual car compared to wet clutch. and of cos, it's also cheaper. 

• Praise 1

well, if you truly like the Golf, then just have to bite the bullet and not regret taking the plunge if you encounter the GB issues. I think this topic (and the well-known GB issue) has been talked to the death - and yet, there are still plenty of Audi and VW rolling off the AD floors with gamblers folks willing to give it a shot.

So if want to buy, then don't worry till it happens. And when it happens, don't regret you let your heart rule your mind. At the end of the day, we want to love and enjoy our rides too. So it is quite emotional. Except for those who are apathetic to the whole car ownership experience.

• Praise 3

the mechatronic failure has nothing to do with wet or dry clutch. it's a separate part altogether. dry clutch will wear out faster like a manual car compared to wet clutch. and of cos, it's also cheaper. 

Have had at least 3 friends on dry clutch down with faulty mecha due to dry clutch issue... It's a known issue wit dry clutch... Clutch wear is another issue separately.

• Praise 1

Have had at least 3 friends on dry clutch down with faulty mecha due to dry clutch issue... It's a known issue wit dry clutch... Clutch wear is another issue separately.

wet clutch also have issue. But very much less. And mostly due to modified cars.

While dry clutch issue happens even if you are stock

wet clutch also have issue. But very much less. And mostly due to modified cars.

While dry clutch issue happens even if you are stock

Yeah. Key word is "very much less" for wet clutch. Btw, those friends having dry clutch mecha failure, A3s 1.4L around 2-3 years of usage. Really too soon and too often...

Yeah. Key word is "very much less" for wet clutch. Btw, those friends having dry clutch mecha failure, A3s 1.4L around 2-3 years of usage. Really too soon and too often...

Let's see

1 - if it's the same one

2 - lots of talk on the A3 thread too, so in a few months, some cars will be in their 2nd to third year, and can report back on such issues.

Maybe it's sorted..

Let's see

1 - if it's the same one

2 - lots of talk on the A3 thread too, so in a few months, some cars will be in their 2nd to third year, and can report back on such issues.

Maybe it's sorted..

The holy a3 defender banned already issit. Or else not allowed to spew blasphemy in a3 thread leh.

I actually like the A3, and the Golf has solid build, so it's no wonder that they sold so many in SG and elsewhere.

If they get the gearbox sorted, it will be another big seller. Not too much other issues with either car.

There are plenty of external workshops that can service VW / Audi cars, so both B&B as well as premium car buyers can get this..

• Praise 1

Let's see

1 - if it's the same one

Maybe it's sorted..

I am having the highest mileage in the A3 1.0L group for now. 10 months ownership on 22.5k km currently. So far so good for me. Will monitor. Hope it's an improved dry clutch gb as mentioned by PA SA.

• Praise 1

I am having the highest mileage in the A3 1.0L group for now. 10 months ownership on 22.5k km currently. So far so good for me. Will monitor. Hope it's an improved dry clutch gb as mentioned by PA SA.

U driving Wolero A3 izit?

The A3 1.0l turbo engine is impressive. So this Golf 1.0l should be good too..

A3 1.0 is on 116bhp but Golf 1.0 is on 110bhp... Weird they detuned differently on the same engine.

U driving Wolero A3 izit?

No la... Haha... I went to Penang/Ipoh/KL a few times... N drives a lot in SG. 

A3 1.0 is on 116bhp but Golf 1.0 is on 110bhp... Weird they detuned differently on the same engine.

It could be the VES / emissions issue..

They have to cut the legs off the engine to make it fit a certain tax category..

They have to cut the legs off the engine to make it fit a certain tax category..

Maybe Golf under declare to maintain the pecking order at VAG?....

Both oso Cat A (<130bhp)... Separate note, A3 1.0L engine is really not bad... Tried 210km/h on NSHW... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2