McGard special key broke, can't take out lug nut

Deckbuild

Hi, anyone can help on this? My McGard Lug nut key broke, anywhere I can get the lug nut removed? I know there's lug nut removal tool but no idea where to get it.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Hi, anyone can help on this? My McGard Lug nut key broke, anywhere I can get the lug nut removed? I know there's lug nut removal tool but no idea where to get it.

Just go to any workshop. They can remove it easily.

Just go to any workshop. They can remove it easily.

I did but they can't, you have workshop to recommend? Thanks!

Twincharged

I did but they can't, you have workshop to recommend? Thanks!

The last time I went to eng wah tyre and battery. At Tpy. But the lug nut will be permanently damaged. Took less than a minute.

The last time I went to eng wah tyre and battery. At Tpy. But the lug nut will be permanently damaged. Took less than a minute.

Thanks bro, Ill got look for them, just wanna get it out and change to normal lug nut

Twincharged

Check if the tyre shop has a drill or if they can borrow one. Need to drill the lug nut, have to be very careful not to drill too much.

Yeah. That is one method. The other methods I saw was welding another normal lug nut to the lock nut or hammer one into the lock nut.

@Nzy Hi, do you mind sharing  how much Eng Wah charge for removing the mcgard lock nut, I understand that the nut will be damage. I know this is a very old thread. But I am facing same problem :)

Thanks in advance 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Deadsoulz said:

@Nzy Hi, do you mind sharing  how much Eng Wah charge for removing the mcgard lock nut, I understand that the nut will be damage. I know this is a very old thread. But I am facing same problem 🙂

Thanks in advance 

Update Visited eng wah, the boss unable to help after checking his adaptor he has 😞

17 minutes ago, Deadsoulz said:

Update Visited eng wah, the boss unable to help after checking his adaptor he has 😞

if u driving conti, and those nuts come with the cars, i advice u to go back AD. unless u want to destroy the rims.

@Deadsoulz 

Hey.. Thanks for your reply hmm $100 is quite on the high side and i suppose is only the lock key without the nuts. may i know which shop? i did also email Singapore Mcgard distributor but no reply from them.

My story here - Mine broke recently because i suspected "Previous tyreshop use pressure gun while tighten the flower nut".

End up have to use a small socket to hammer over the nuts to remove them.

Edited by Ekiden

@EkidenI experienced same issue as you, I even went to multiple tyre shop trying to hammer out, but not successful.

I got my very expensive lock key frm :

EWINS PTE LTD
39 Sungei Kadut Avenue

SINGAPORE 729663

Telephone

(65) 6459 3311

↡ Advertisement