Which Cars Will Be The Best Sellers Of 2018 ?

Leo22

I see threads for 2016 and 2017.

Should we also have one for 2018? To mark the first year of the new gas emission scheme is rolled out.

At the end of 2018 let's see how right is everybody's guessing. Might end up with some unheard of models in list :)

↡ Advertisement

Hybrid Model...

Has to be corolla. Lta policy policy favours this model.

No.....LTA will favour citizens taking  B.M.W.[bus,MRT & Walk]. [mad] ...that is why,Ministers rolled out new rules,to deter Citizens buying Cars. [bigcry]

Hybrid Model...

No.....LTA will favour citizens taking  B.M.W.[bus,MRT & Walk]. [mad] ...that is why,Ministers rolled out new rules,to deter Citizens buying Cars. [bigcry]

ah gong NEVER deter citizens to buy car, they only want those with deep pocket to buy so that they can tax as much as possible. [;)]  

• Praise 1

ah gong NEVER deter citizens to buy car, they only want those with deep pocket to buy so that they can tax as much as possible. [;)]

This is not true leh, whether a rich or poor man buys a car, the price is the same, and the government earns the same amount of tax what. No?
  • Praise 1

Hi All,

I'm looking a short term used car around 9 years old as budget constraint so only could afford a lower depree ones

please kindly pm me if there's any

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm looking a short term used car around 9 years old as budget constraint so only could afford a lower depree ones

Thanks

• Praise 1

Again I don't think will be too much change. But maybe hybrids will be a bit more popular than before.

But if COE prices go up due to whatever factors, maybe Merc/BMW might sell strongly once again, since they are less likely to be greatly affected by price fluctuations.

Turbocharged

Hi All,

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks

your best bet is sgcarmart. can sort by year and depreciation.

• Praise 1

Again I don't think will be too much change. But maybe hybrids will be a bit more popular than before.

But if COE prices go up due to whatever factors, maybe Merc/BMW might sell strongly once again, since they are less likely to be greatly affected by price fluctuations.

Hybrids more popular?

How so?

Prius will be neutral band ie the price will increase 30k

• Praise 1

Hybrids more popular?

How so?

Will need to fully see how all the cars fit in the respective bands but I understand some hybrids (like Hyundai Ioniq) might get the full $20k rebate still.

For Prius it is a Cat B car and most are purchased by Uber/Grab and ComfortDelgro anyway, so price increase may not have that big an effect. People who buy Prius as personal car are usually looking to make a statement, and not so much looking for an everyday B&B car (for that they can just buy Altis).

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1

Hybrids more popular?

How so?

Prius market share will be affected with the new scheme. Based on current BM pricing of prius, as categorised in the lifestyle segment, after rebanded as 'neutral', prius C will cost additional $20-$30k, while the 1.8 version will end up $50-$60k more than the b&b car. 

At that price point, there are many other interesting options around.

• Praise 1

I see threads for 2016 and 2017.

Should we also have one for 2018? To mark the first year of the new gas emission scheme is rolled out.

At the end of 2018 let's see how right is everybody's guessing. Might end up with some unheard of models in list :)

This is a confusing thread since 2017 has not ended, thread locked.

↡ Advertisement