Any limit on no. Of pax a car can take in Spore and JB?

Silklee

Not sure. But anyway my family total 4 pax so no issues with me.

If any problem with insurance, i will just ask them whether they should follow the manufacturer specs or LTA registration specs.

Is it importer nvr declare properly?

↡ Advertisement

Very simple.

If accident happens, your car insurer only covers up to the stated number of passengers in your vehicle registration details. Other excess passengers not covered.

You will be amazed by LTA's stupidity.

My car has 5 seat belts, but passenger capacity is 4 as stated in log card.

errr mine also state 4 passenger... becos 1 is driver mah.. hahah

• Praise 4

Does it work like that? Because my previous car has 5 seat belts but capacity is stated as 5 in logcard.

errr mine also state 4 passenger... becos 1 is driver mah.. hahah

Does it work like that? Because my previous car has 5 seat belts but capacity is stated as 5 in logcard.

hmm forget my previous car show what but my current car shows 4..maybe they change it to display "correctly" as passenger by definition doesn't include driver bah.

• Praise 1

Boleh land anything boleh with a little something on the sly.

But seriously dun put the passengers lives at risk. Even if your driving skills is top notch, the bikes/lorries/cars around you may not. You can brake in time the ones behind may not.

You may know or say others have done it. What's wrong even if a thousand ppl do it wrongly is still wrong but you will feel better/less alone instead of stupid.

Ride safe from the start. I hate to imagine kids and adults being flung out of the vehicle because not belted up.

Enjoy your day trip and be alert at all times. Bring Harrier back too.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

That's why defensive driving is so important.

Anticipate high risk situations and get out of it or never get into it before it happens.

But seriously dun put the passengers lives at risk. Even if your driving skills is top notch, the bikes/lorries/cars around you may not. You can brake in time the ones behind may not.

You may know or say others have done it. What's wrong even if a thousand ppl do it wrongly is still wrong but you will feel better/less alone instead of stupid.

Ride safe from the start. I hate to imagine kids and adults being flung out of the vehicle because not belted up.

Safe ride
Cheers

You will be amazed by LTA's stupidity.

My car has 5 seat belts, but passenger capacity is 4 as stated in log card.

They don't include driver. If you check your insurance... that'll have the same number excl. driver.

At least my AXA insurance has it written down clearly... 6 excl. driver.

• Praise 1

If ever wondering about the official number of people your car is supposed to hold according to the developers

Count the seat belts.

Bro, my log card says 4 passengers, but got 5 seat belts .. How?

Does it mean 4 passengers exclude driver ?

do what you want ... simi limit ... simi grey area

simi legal, moral and ethic Q&A

the rule of thumb is don't get caught ... lol

Turbocharged

Bro, my log card says 4 passengers, but got 5 seat belts .. How?

Does it mean 4 passengers exclude driver ?

i think the ongoing consensus is log cards nowadays exclude driver

But basically, if the car is engineered with five seat belts, that means it is engineered to hold five people.

Very simple.

If accident happens, your car insurer only covers up to the stated number of passengers in your vehicle registration details. Other excess passengers not covered.

Don't think that is correct. Coverage is usually subject to terms and conditions as per what is stated in the policy. if shit hits the fa, you will be at the mercy of the insurer.

Twincharged

I think TS actually not asking about the legal or moral issues la. More of will customs let him through or not. From what I know and experienced, they don't care. Customs only ensure no one leaves/enters illegally and check if you got 3/4 tank or not.

• Praise 1

Don't think that is correct. Coverage is usually subject to terms and conditions as per what is stated in the policy. if shit hits the fa, you will be at the mercy of the insurer.

I agree with the facts but not the way you put it (at the mercy of the insurer).

If it is TS that knowingly breaks the rules then why should insurer bear the cost if anything happens? 

I went in with 6pax in a sedan a few times before. No questions ask. Regarding insurance and safety, this is your own responsibility.

What's wrong with my statement? I don't see anything wrong with my statement?

The very most basic term and condition is that insurance is only covered up to the Xth number of passenger as listed in vehicle registration details. And they are not liable for excess passengers.

So again I ask you, what is wrong with my statement?

What's wrong with my statement? I don't see anything wrong with my statement?

The very most basic term and condition is that insurance is only covered up to the Xth number of passenger as listed in vehicle registration details. And they are not liable for excess passengers.

So again I ask you, what is wrong with my statement?

I don't think insurance counts how many people in the car and then stop at there. If you overload with pax and something happens, insurance will just not cover you for anything, full stop.

I mean, how do you decide who is the sixth or seventh person to not be covered?

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1

Safe ride

Cheers

I think insurance will be affected IF there is a serious accident involving passenger. SO why take risk?

Some times you can be the safest driver , just that the other driver comes into your "life"

↡ Advertisement