Which car?

jima

are audi's reliable since they come from the same family as the VW.

actually no need to worry reliability, all brands will have a certain % of faulty units, no much difference between jp car and cont car.

another point is safety level, cont is much higher, you can consider volvo as well.

of coz, Jp cars are the best sellers in sg, maintenance cost is lower.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

from a kia... not many options you can NOT upgrade frm!  [:p]  [lipsrsealed]

TS.. i wld pick harrier... 

actually no need to worry reliability, all brands will have a certain % of faulty units, no much difference between jp car and cont car.

another point is safety level, cont is much higher, you can consider volvo as well.

of coz, Jp cars are the best sellers in sg, maintenance cost is lower.

Really?? REALLY??!?!?!? 

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 1

You'll have to list out your preferable requirements though. Like say kids,how many people do your car usually take, any old folks to ferry around etc etc

Actually i won't say Harrier is the biggest car in that price range.

There are bigger cars that are cheaper than (even the lowest grade of) Harrier.

Forester is comparable in size, likely the passenger space is bigger, while Harrier has a bigger boot.

X-Trail has the biggest passenger space for 1st and 2nd row for its class. Don't think you're looking for a 7-seater, so can just treat the x-trail as a 5-seater and ignore the 3rd row (which is really cramped).

And if you think there is advantage in having 2 spare seats for occasional use, then Outlander is also slightly bigger than Harrier.

thanks for your recommendations.

went down to check out the x-trail and outlander but only harrier caught my eye.  [:p]

as for subaru, FC is the biggest concern......

Turbocharged

y no bmw? bmw is king!

errr.... maybe bmw got no signal light, make the driver stress and drive wrong directions??? [rolleyes]  [lipsrsealed]

You'll have to list out your preferable requirements though. Like say kids,how many people do your car usually take, any old folks to ferry around etc etc

just got married and with no kids.

dont really have to fetch people at the rear. just occasionally out with parents for dinners and gathering.

currently driving a koup so looking at a car with 4 doors.  [smash]

People ask you multiple choice question, you think open ended question huh?  :D

i would choose either the mazda 3 or toyota alphard

2L NA with CVT matched to a Lexus RX sized body........I can only imagine the amount of cursing that will be squeezed out of me if I am to live with it on a daily basis.

The only reason why Harrier is doing so well as a PI car is because no one really get to test drive one before placing the deposit.

Supercharged

Hello everyone, I am currently driving a Kia Forte and am interested in changing up my ride.

Having browse through SG Car Mart, there are plenty of choices...

Narrowed my choices to these cars with the depreciation of $11k - $13k:

• Merc A-class - A180
  • Toyota Harrier
  • Audi A3
  • Honda Civic Turbo

Any recommendations?

Sorry but i think the choice is very obvious. and really voice down to what u need and it is very easy and obvious.

A180 / A3 = good to see only and for face only although we have one merc A180 as weekend car. i am a badge whore. nothing practical at all.

Harrier = more practical and spacious .. and comfort

Honda civic 1.5 turbo? over priced shit. never like honda.

so the choice is your. you will chong and get more girls or decent practical.. the comparison is so easy. not as if SUV to SUV sedan to sedan.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

based on new.

Since just married and no kids just occasionally fetching in laws...and if depreciation among the 4 cars are within your 11-13K, I will go for A180....

For DINKs like yourself...good car to play for the first few years. My reasons?

Koup is not a fast car but to move to a buffalo like Harrier you will still feel severely out of place..save that kind of car for the family set up some years down the road.. 

Assuming same depreciation, A180 is faster or same pick up as Civic turbo so the merc beats or is at least equal to the civic in this perspective. Plus you get to haolian the badge...in the carpark..priceless thing that Sinkies like to do nowadays.

A3..welll.....urm...gulp..

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

People ask you multiple choice question, you think open ended question huh? :D

His mcq choices so varied

I just help to add another 2 more lah

thanks for your recommendations.

went down to check out the x-trail and outlander but only harrier caught my eye.  [:p]

as for subaru, FC is the biggest concern......

Modern engine + CVT, its not that bad these days. Have a read at the forestor thread. I think the range is about 10-12km/l, which is decent considering  its a 2l Turbo. If u go for the NA, can be slightly better too. Of course, biggest contributor to your FC is your travel profile.

Since just married and no kids just occasionally fetching in laws...and if depreciation among the 4 cars are within your 11-13K, I will go for A180....

Koup is not a fast car but to move to a buffalo like Harrier you will still feel severely out of place..save that kind of car for the family set up some years down the road.. 

Assuming same depreciation, A180 is faster or same pick up as Civic turbo so the merc beats or is at least equal to the civic in this perspective. Plus you get to haolian the badge...in the carpark..priceless thing that Sinkies like to do nowadays.

If get playing car (replace when sian)... dont buy brand new la.. sibei painful one you know? or else become stuck with a impractical car that cannot suit your needs...  

personally... entry level contis... ntg to haolian abt la...  

Very funny why no one ask him which test drive he likes...  

when i got my first car... so many friends told me.. get the jazz... decent size FC good... i test drove it... immediately say cannot...  i corner too fast... 

TS.. you may like the looks.. but you may feel diff after testing out the car... 

• Praise 1

Assuming same depreciation, A180 is faster or same pick up as Civic turbo so the merc beats or is at least equal to the civic in this perspective. Plus you get to haolian the badge...in the carpark..priceless thing that Sinkies like to do nowadays.

what's dinks?

well, for the price of the honda, we could get a merc.

honda over priced or???

If get playing car (replace when sian)... dont buy brand new la.. sibei painful one you know? or else become stuck with a impractical car that cannot suit your needs...

personally... entry level contis... ntg to haolian abt la...

Very funny why no one ask him which test drive he likes...

when i got my first car... so many friends told me.. get the jazz... decent size FC good... i test drove it... immediately say cannot... i corner too fast...

TS.. you may like the looks.. but you may feel diff after testing out the car...

haven't test driven any of the cars.

was hoping to narrow the choices to 2 and then start check them out.