Which car?

jima

You are talking about the hybrid or 2.0NA version of Harrier?

Rx200t already felt sluggish with it's humongous body (similar size as Harrier) despite it's 2.0L turbo engine.

Looking at the official engine specs do not seem to suggest that it is a technologically advance engine from the toyata parts bin.

And your experience is that you manage to "beat" many a 2.0L TC contis?

Don't get me wrong, am not trying to dispute your experience but like to clarify and learn.

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS â 2.0L CVT 2WD (151 HP) Cylinders L4 Displacement 1986 cm3 Power 111 KW @ 6100 RPM

151 HP @ 6100 RPM

149 BHP @ 6100 RPM Torque 142 lb-ft @ 3800 RPM

193 Nm @ 3800 RPM Fuel System Direct Injection Fuel Gasoline

1.6ton, 4.7m long car with 150bhp. Can have 0-100 in 7 sec must be really special.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Rx200t already felt sluggish with it's humongous body (similar size as Harrier) despite it's 2.0L turbo engine.

Looking at the official engine specs do not seem to suggest that it is a technologically advance engine from the toyata parts bin.

Don't get me wrong, am not trying to dispute your experience but like to clarify and learn.

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS â 2.0L CVT 2WD (151 HP) Cylinders L4 Displacement 1986 cm3 Power 111 KW @ 6100 RPM

151 HP @ 6100 RPM

What he meant is no matter how fast you go, there is always one ahead of you lahhhhh

That oso dunch noe....

• Praise 1

My experience is that attrage and vezel can beat my 2.5t from the traffic light

I think they have a special sports car mode which allow for such insane acceleration

...especially the Attrages.

Or perhaps we're just lightfooted [laugh]

• Praise 4

errr.... maybe bmw got no signal light, make the driver stress and drive wrong directions??? [rolleyes][lipsrsealed]

Hahaha. I thought so too. A lot of BMW drivers don't signal when they change lane.

Or they might be still looking for the signal handle on the right of steering wheel.

• Praise 2

He literally listed 90% of the passenger cars on Singapore roads...... 

Meaning... I should expect to see the ass of a Harrier at every traffic light move off?  :D

Dowan lah.... My right foot gets tired if I depress my accelerator more than 5mm :D 

Later peepur say I trying to show off my accelaration.... Nowadays cannot anyhow accelerate you know? Have to take care not to fracture the fragile ego of other motorist with self-esteem issues. 

What he meant is no matter how fast you go, there is always one ahead of you lahhhhh

That oso dunch noe....

• Praise 2

Have you ever considered a B180 instead?

Definitely in the price range of Harrier as these are the 2 final choice cars I considered before.

Much bigger than a A class, so the comfort is there. Quite practical too.

And best is the most entry level of the B180 is already very high specs compared to entry level A class.

+1

Firstly, I am not a rep.

So some might ask a Merc? Badge Whore? Perhaps some may buy a Merc for such reasons..

Or buy it for the right reasons.

Why the B180:

- safest car in it's class. Highest NCAP score. 7 airbags, collision warnings etc

- lowest coefficient of drag when it was introduced - lower than a Ferrari

- more rear legroom than an E Class

- standard features are similar to much higher end cars. If you buy a so called bread and butter car, then start adding this and that, eg folding mirrors, LED lights, DRL, etc etc, you void the warranty, and end up spending almost the same 

- much more spacious and more features than the A class

- Carplay in the 2017 edition

- FC (stated) 18km/l - about 14km.l in regular SG conditions

- good power compared to the typical 1.6l choices 0-100 in 9.1 sec, very stable at high speeds

- made in Germany

- real net price is not that much more than your average Korean or Jap SUV 

- been around for a while, so major issues sorted, and many units sold locally.

- shares parts with all MFA cars, including the A class, CLA and GLA so many places to service

- and it's one of the cars to benefit from the VES scheme - 10k instead of 5k rebate

If you have elderly parents or kids, easy for them to get in and out

And ... it's a Merc, so yes, you can be a badge whore too  [laugh]

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

Don't get Audi. Same bloody gear problem with VW. 2nd hand Audi, right? Worse, u don't even know the maintenance or repair records

Got a friend really regretted buying A3. Sent to workshop like topping up fuel like that. Sold once 3 yr old and lost more than 50 percent.
  • Praise 1

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS – 2.0L CVT 2WD (151 HP) Cylinders L4 Displacement 1986 cm3 Power 111 KW @ 6100 RPM

151 HP @ 6100 RPM

That's what paper stated, try hitting the max of harrier. You will know the difference. It is the matter when you step on the accelerator...just sharing...that's y I was in denial when other harrier drivers told me, their car is sluggish...I feel the different, much better than ivtec..very smooth and fast (power mode), q5 also eat dust..

I think they have a special sports car mode which allow for such insane acceleration

Rubbish! You should scrap your car then.

That oso dunch noe....

Just quoting the power of harrier, surely cannot beat Super car, Evo 10 and sti...others no issue

the cars r lighter and thus flooring when green light will cause the cars to surge fwd...

ur car will catch up once turbo kicks in...esp on higher speed when the torque is engaged!

Even though lighter also slow...I floor my Son attrage...memang Teruk, slow, very slow...three pistons nia...

There are many hoggers on the road who trigger road rage and blocking the road. These hoggers should be taken off road and take public transport. Be counteous on the road, drive fast and safe, not showing off your big ass car and blocking with your special light footing issue. Cannot drive don't drive, park your fancy car at home and admire...car is merely a transport, taking you one place to another. Why so fussy on accelerator and blocking the way. No wonder so many traffic jam on the road, hoggers should take public transport and scrap their cars....just my cents, don't arrow me..

Edited by Jq1988

+1

Firstly, I am not a rep.

So some might ask a Merc? Badge Whore? Perhaps some may buy a Merc for such reasons..

Or buy it for the right reasons.

Why the B180:

- safest car in it's class. Highest NCAP score. 7 airbags, collision warnings etc

- lowest coefficient of drag when it was introduced - lower than a Ferrari

- more rear legroom than an E Class

- standard features are similar to much higher end cars. If you buy a so called bread and butter car, then start adding this and that, eg folding mirrors, LED lights, DRL, etc etc, you void the warranty, and end up spending almost the same

- much more spacious and more features than the A class

- Carplay in the 2017 edition

- FC (stated) 18km/l - about 14km.l in regular SG conditions

- good power compared to the typical 1.6l choices 0-100 in 9.1 sec, very stable at high speeds

- made in Germany

- real net price is not that much more than your average Korean or Jap SUV

- been around for a while, so major issues sorted, and many units sold locally.

- shares parts with all MFA cars, including the A class, CLA and GLA so many places to service

- and it's one of the cars to benefit from the VES scheme - 10k instead of 5k rebate

If you have elderly parents or kids, easy for them to get in and out

And ... it's a Merc, so yes, you can be a badge whore too [laugh]

Didn't know the specs so good for B180.

FC very good at 14k/l

Because you are not in a hurry lah.

BTW not many cars 2.5T.

• Praise 1

That's what paper stated, try hitting the max of harrier. You will know the difference. It is the matter when you step on the accelerator...just sharing...that's y I was in denial when other harrier drivers told me, their car is sluggish...I feel the different, much better than ivtec..very smooth and fast (power mode), q5 also eat dust..

Just quoting the power of harrier, surely cannot beat Super car, Evo 10 and sti...others no issue

Even though lighter also slow...I floor my Son attrage...memang Teruk, slow, very slow...three pistons nia...

There are many hoggers on the road who trigger road rage and blocking the road. These hoggers should be taken off road and take public transport. Be counteous on the road, drive fast and safe, not showing off your big ass car and blocking with your special light footing issue. Cannot drive don't drive, park your fancy car at home and admire...car is merely a transport, taking you one place to another. Why so fussy on accelerator and blocking the way. No wonder so many traffic jam on the road, hoggers should take public transport and scrap their cars....just my cents, don't arrow me..

3 pistons no power la....nomal 4 pistons super powerful moving off from green light!

esp the jap engines....honda in particular....zippy drive lo...

• Praise 2

Now I am not sure if you are serious or just joking...  [sweatdrop]

Power mode really huge different as mentioned before ... many Harrier owners sellect Eco mode want to save fuel yet also expect good power . Harrier responsive only when you in power mode , conversely , Eco and normal mode No matter how hard you step still give you sluggish acceleration. Edited by Char
  • Praise 1

Didn't know the specs so good for B180.

FC very good at 14k/l

You may also want to know that having driven their higher end models, when you step into one, you won't feel too let down. They have stolen most parts from the C and E Class parts bin. The steering, switchgear and radio are all common.

However the fit and finish isn't as good as their bigger brothers and NVH does lose out to the higher models. But you do pay a lot less. 

The coefficient of drag and safety part were something that surprised me, it looks like a bread van, but when it was introduced, it cuts air better than any car in production and it had the highest safety score for NCAP, so if you want to do a kamikaze run, this would not be a bad choice... 

And with the new VES system, it becomes one of the few mass production cars to get a higher rebate. I don't know if that will translate into real discounts, or get 'eaten' by the dealer, but that's food for thought on those who think Merc buyers are just badge whores.

• Praise 1

Later peepur say I trying to show off my accelaration.... Nowadays cannot anyhow accelerate you know? Have to take care not to fracture the fragile ego of other motorist with self-esteem issues.

Sho true

:D

• Praise 4

You may also want to know that having driven their higher end models, when you step into one, you won't feel too let down. They have stolen most parts from the C and E Class parts bin. The steering, switchgear and radio are all common.

However the fit and finish isn't as good as their bigger brothers and NVH does lose out to the higher models. But you do pay a lot less.

The coefficient of drag and safety part were something that surprised me, it looks like a bread van, but when it was introduced, it cuts air better than any car in production and it had the highest safety score for NCAP, so if you want to do a kamikaze run, this would not be a bad choice...

And with the new VES system, it becomes one of the few mass production cars to get a higher rebate. I don't know if that will translate into real discounts, or get 'eaten' by the dealer, but that's food for thought on those who think Merc buyers are just badge whores.

I understand it's not just the shape that reduces or increases drag, the surface tension also plays a big part. Some supersonic aircraft surface is like sandpaper or like shark skin to reduce surface tension of air.

Incidentally If I recall correctly the sphere is the ideal cross sectional shape to reduce drag.

Many thought it's the wing cross sectional shape that has the least drag. It has the high lift and will also create drag.

• Praise 2

Because you are not in a hurry lah.

BTW not many cars 2.5T.

Got once I met spawn at the lights and I floored my car and beat his gtr

After that I laughed at him... on paper 4 secs but also lose to my uncle car

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1