Built In Wireless Charging in Car

alikato

Just saw that Kia Niro has wireless charging built in..

Wow, me mountain tortoise, any other car in Singapore has this wireless charging? Thanks..

↡ Advertisement

Just saw that Kia Niro has wireless charging built in..

Wow, me mountain tortoise, any other car in Singapore has this wireless charging? Thanks..

BMW G30

• Praise 1

With phone battery capacities getting higher and higher, unless the wireless charger is the 2nd and 3rd generation "fast charger (Samsung)" type with your phone supporting the latest standard, you can expect a 1% recharge at end or 30min drive. 

If you are using GPS and keeping your screen on,  you can count yourself lucky if the battery level don't reduce on you. 

Prius, NX/RX do have them as well.

The latest Prius has this feature or the usa version?

With phone battery capacities getting higher and higher, unless the wireless charger is the 2nd and 3rd generation "fast charger (Samsung)" type with your phone supporting the latest standard, you can expect a 1% recharge at end or 30min drive. 

If you are using GPS and keeping your screen on,  you can count yourself lucky if the battery level don't reduce on you. 

Not bad lah, my 1st gen wireless charger can charge 25% in 20min, a typical drive.. Usually the battery will charge faster then trickle charge for the last 10% right?

I think challenger has a retro fit kit to plug in to the hand phone if yours is the older generation and u need to buy a charging mat to the usb connector and you have wireless charging.

Else taobao has plenty

Admittedly I don't have inbuilt wireless car phone charger experience to talk about but i based it on my in car ciggy socket powered Qi wireless charger (iottie brand). 

Using the Samsung S7 edge currently. Can compare with the charging speed of my original 1st gen desktop wireless charger and the 2nd gen fast wireless charger. 

My point being, an inbuilt wireless charger might be good for current generation of device but it quickly gets obsolete as the wireless charging technology advances. Unless the car maker allow you to have an upgradable module, I think I am better off having a separate independent wireless charger I can upgrade easily. 

Another example of car technology lag is the inbuilt usb port (still used induatry wide)  which can only supply 0.5A for charging. This is too slow for modern day phones and ipads. 

The latest Prius has this feature or the usa version?

Not bad lah, my 1st gen wireless charger can charge 25% in 20min, a typical drive.. Usually the battery will charge faster then trickle charge for the last 10% right?

I prefer not to add any more stress from car battery and alternator.. So I keep a xiaomi power bank in my armrest compartment.. Pretty Fast charging, can even charge the tablet for kids who are sitting behind.. Hassle-free.

remember to take out your powerbank from your car when parked under direct sun. The cabin temperature can get pretty hot... Lithium ion batteries don't take heat very well....

I prefer not to add any more stress from car battery and alternator.. So I keep a xiaomi power bank in my armrest compartment.. Pretty Fast charging, can even charge the tablet for kids who are sitting behind.. Hassle-free.

Right now wireless charging tech is slower dan wired charging. Maybe it gives you the wow factor but end of the day you would want a faster charger.

I'm using Anker's car charger. It faster dan anything I have used before. My friends who wanted to get one from amazon they are too late it's been sold out.

31ZXl4656kL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by Watwheels

me also have this in my car, for times when I need the emergency quick charge boost. My phone support Quick Charge 3.0.

A2224011_ND01_V3.jpg?1463108143

↡ Advertisement