• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

alikato
  • alikato
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just saw that Kia Niro has wireless charging built in..

Wow, me mountain tortoise, any other car in Singapore has this wireless charging? Thanks..

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just saw that Kia Niro has wireless charging built in..

Wow, me mountain tortoise, any other car in Singapore has this wireless charging? Thanks..

BMW G30

alikato praised this

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

alikato
  • alikato
    1st Gear
    Author Image

BMW G30

Thanks, v stylo and useful indeed for those whose hp support wireless charging..

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Audi A4 latest model also have but it's not a standard option. Really good to have feature while minimising the need for cables

alikato praised this

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Wonder how fast is the charging....
alikato praised this
back to the same old days ...

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Prius, NX/RX do have them as well.

Vratenza and orion2006 praised this
Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With phone battery capacities getting higher and higher, unless the wireless charger is the 2nd and 3rd generation "fast charger (Samsung)" type with your phone supporting the latest standard, you can expect a 1% recharge at end or 30min drive. 

If you are using GPS and keeping your screen on,  you can count yourself lucky if the battery level don't reduce on you. 

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

alikato
  • alikato
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Prius, NX/RX do have them as well.

The latest Prius has this feature or the usa version?

With phone battery capacities getting higher and higher, unless the wireless charger is the 2nd and 3rd generation "fast charger (Samsung)" type with your phone supporting the latest standard, you can expect a 1% recharge at end or 30min drive. 

If you are using GPS and keeping your screen on,  you can count yourself lucky if the battery level don't reduce on you. 

Not bad lah, my 1st gen wireless charger can charge 25% in 20min, a typical drive.. Usually the battery will charge faster then trickle charge for the last 10% right?

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think challenger has a retro fit kit to plug in to the hand phone if yours is the older generation and u need to buy a charging mat to the usb connector and you have wireless charging.

Else taobao has plenty

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Admittedly I don't have inbuilt wireless car phone charger experience to talk about but i based it on my in car ciggy socket powered Qi wireless charger (iottie brand). 

Using the Samsung S7 edge currently. Can compare with the charging speed of my original 1st gen desktop wireless charger and the 2nd gen fast wireless charger. 

My point being, an inbuilt wireless charger might be good for current generation of device but it quickly gets obsolete as the wireless charging technology advances. Unless the car maker allow you to have an upgradable module, I think I am better off having a separate independent wireless charger I can upgrade easily. 

Another example of car technology lag is the inbuilt usb port (still used induatry wide)  which can only supply 0.5A for charging. This is too slow for modern day phones and ipads. 

The latest Prius has this feature or the usa version?

Not bad lah, my 1st gen wireless charger can charge 25% in 20min, a typical drive.. Usually the battery will charge faster then trickle charge for the last 10% right?

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I prefer not to add any more stress from car battery and alternator.. So I keep a xiaomi power bank in my armrest compartment.. Pretty Fast charging, can even charge the tablet for kids who are sitting behind.. Hassle-free.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

remember to take out your powerbank from your car when parked under direct sun. The cabin temperature can get pretty hot... Lithium ion batteries don't take heat very well....

I prefer not to add any more stress from car battery and alternator.. So I keep a xiaomi power bank in my armrest compartment.. Pretty Fast charging, can even charge the tablet for kids who are sitting behind.. Hassle-free.

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

remember to take out your powerbank from your car when parked under direct sun. The cabin temperature can get pretty hot... Lithium ion batteries don't take heat very well....

Tada! 

http://gizmodo.com/t...n-an-1793290012

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the advice, Bros..

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Right now wireless charging tech is slower dan wired charging. Maybe it gives you the wow factor but end of the day you would want a faster charger.

I'm using Anker's car charger. It faster dan anything I have used before. My friends who wanted to get one from amazon they are too late it's been sold out.

31ZXl4656kL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by Watwheels, 16 March 2017 - 10:37 AM.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

me also have this in my car, for times when I need the emergency quick charge boost. My phone support Quick Charge 3.0.

A2224011_ND01_V3.jpg?1463108143

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Mirage Motorwerkz Pte Ltd

Mirage Motorwerkz Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ansonjq  |  Neutral Newbie

My regular workshop for my car servicing and even my whole family engage their services. Honest and experienced boss name Heng, always there to assist us in every possible ways, Technicians there are expertise is their field too! 2 thumbs up for the whole team here! » Read More

Autopia

Autopia  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by BlameIsOnMe  |  Clutched

I must admit that Autopia offers one of the best Korean made car accessories in Singapore. The overall price is reasonable and the product they selling are all good quality. Go to their recommended workshop to install them to me. The boss always ensures that they are installed properly and will do follow up with me a few days later. » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Accessories Retail

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, kai, niro, wireless charging and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users