The continuing GLOBAL stressful thread! Part II

RadX

Although i got a dislike from an anonymous, it is my personal opinion on such acts. I am referring to guys sleeping all over the void deck.

As i have said before, resting is not wrong. How they rest is also a respect to other users and themselves. I am very sure most private estates won't allow it not just for these foreigners but locals. It is not about elite but respect.

Truely are there many MCF members out there don't mind such a scence outside their home our at their doorstep?

May I know why lying flat to sleep on the floor is disrespectful to you ? How does that make you feel ? 

I stay at a private estate. And yes there are "scenes" like that every now and then. Could be estate works, could be unit reno works. Just last week, there were some sewerage works and they sleep on the carpark floor just opposite my unit which they cordoned off. 

No biggie. 

My son's Primary school there also have, the HDB blocks nearby. My observations are they also quite auto. They dun choose floors near the lift lobby or letterboxes. 

Yeah, I'm one of those that do not mind. 

Anyway, have you seen any the sleep ALL OVER ? 

I am OK with them around as long as not into evening hours.

haha, you wait long long ah. Now many FWs quite good life. Employers scared of them. If after 5 or 5.30pm, MUST give OT one hor. No OT, they complain MOM. 

Edited by Othello
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

May I know why lying flat to sleep on the floor is disrespectful to you ? How does that make you feel ?

I stay at a private estate. And yes there are "scenes" like that every now and then. Could be estate works, could be unit reno works. Just last week, there were some sewerage works and they sleep on the carpark floor just opposite my unit which they cordoned off.

No biggie.

My son's Primary school there also have, the HDB blocks nearby. My observations are they also quite auto. They dun choose floors near the lift lobby or letterboxes.

haha, you wait long long ah. Now many FWs quite good life. Employers scared of them. If after 5 or 5.30pm, MUST give OT one hor. No OT, they complain MOM.

As you have shared, why did they 'cordoned off' and let them choose their preferred place? If they were assigned a proper place to rest away from general thoroughfare, won't it be better for everybody? Most public benches will also have 'barriers' to prevent sleeping, why?

It is your right not to mind such a scene and i don't have to dislike or feel upset about how you see this. As a chit chat forum, we don't have to agree with everything said here right?

No biggie.

OT claim really depend on nature of the job. Certain job do require them to work through the night.

Is ok for them to catch that half an hour rest during break.

Remind me of army days. Anywhere, any times can sleep soundly. That hiw tired we were back then..Hahaha sorry OT.

• Praise 1

As you have shared, why did they 'cordoned off' and let them choose their preferred place? If they were assigned a proper place to rest away from general thoroughfare, won't it be better for everybody? Most public benches will also have 'barriers' to prevent sleeping, why?

It is your right not to mind such a scene and i don't have to dislike or feel upset about how you see this. As a chit chat forum, we don't have to agree with everything said here right?

my bad. Let me clarify. They cordoned off the area for their work and equipment. They napped inside that cordoned area. 

Of cos its my right and your right. I just don't understand why someone will feel dis-respected, hence I asked that question. 

my bad. Let me clarify. They cordoned off the area for their work and equipment. They napped inside that cordoned area.

Of cos its my right and your right. I just don't understand why someone will feel dis-respected, hence I asked that question.

Yes, resting with their cordoned work area is acceptable for me too. Cheers

Discussion.

No way they are allowed to even eat or nap at the cordoned work section. Safety regulations disallow it. MOM, BCA and embassy will come down hard on the company.

I received MPA fine for a crew with only underwear on walking on the tug. Evening hours. Singapore limit. They need to be properly attired at all time..no compromise for safety. Can't imagine sleeping at the cordoned work section.

I just think its lucky its not me being a manual worker working under the hot sun and

lunch time so tired from work get knocked out.

Anyway I believe in Karma so maybe the people that f them one day come back as a blangla

worker in their next life so they know how it feels like.

If you become a blangla worker and know how hard life can be then you will never f them again.

We only f these people because we are ignorant and we don't know how it feels like.

The purpose of life is to learn how other people feel so we get different opportunities

to be in a position of power or hardship. Sometimes we are the hammer sometimes we are the nail.

:D  

• Praise 8

If we are always the hammer and never the nail

then we won't learn what compassion is.

Good to be the nail sometimes.

Maybe the people that cannot stand to see the blangla sleeping

can come back as a blangla in their next life.

• Praise 1

I think the argument is getting a little out of hand. Let put things in perspective:

1) I don't think anyone would mind FWs resting during their working hours, as long as it is during their break time and at designated area (come on, they are human too);

2) Most do not mind them taking their rest at common area, as long as they are in proper attire, exercise basic respect for people in the vicinity / passerby, and keep the area clean;

3) Many will be more concern if these FWs are resting directly outside their unit (commercial or private), or sleep in such manner that may pose privacy issues to them and passerby (e.g. laying down on common corridor outside shop houses and many ladies would fear that they are taken advantage of).

Think about it, these FWs are mostly performing physical demanding tasks under extreme weather / environmental conditions, and such break / rest are very important to them. In fact, it is regulated under the Workplace Safety and Health framework that employer have to take necessary measures to address fatigue issues faced by their workers. As to the designated rest area, yes, they are not supposed to rest within their work area, for the obvious reason: SAFETY.

• Praise 9

I think the problem with people that cannot stand seeing blangla workers sleeping

is the person sees the blangla worker as beneath them and they are superior to the

blangla worker. They think they are superior because they are richer than the blangla

worker and maybe even more educated. But superiority is not just how much money 

you have or if you have a degree and the other person doesn't. 

But if we think about it maybe we are better off only because we had better opportunities.

If they had our opportunities maybe they will be doing better than us.

Its like a person born in a rich family thinking the are superior to a person born in a poor family.

Is this the values we should have?

Its their great karma that a person should take their time and effort to post how they cannot stand

seeing a blangla sleeping and its their own benefit that they have earned to read a reply that may

open their minds so they can see a different point of view.

I think this is how life works.

Everything we do is an opportunity for us to grow and expend our minds. 

Take a look around once in a while when you drive in your luxury aircon car and see the FWs toiling under the hot sun. Will any Singaporean or even Malaysian want to do?

It’s those foreign trash that I can’t stand.

• Praise 8

If we ask people what is a good life most people will say a big house,

a nice car and lots of money in the bank.

As I live more I seem to think a good life is a person with lots of kindness and compassion.

Lots of people with a lot money don't have these truly precious gifts.

I don't have a good life as I don't have any kindness or compassion in me.

If there are any good looking young ladies with nice bodies that have lots of kindness and

compassion to give can give me some to make my life better?

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

I give dislike I put name

You are the man.  [thumbsup]

If we are always the hammer and never the nail

then we won't learn what compassion is.

Good to be the nail sometimes.

Maybe the people that cannot stand to see the blangla sleeping

can come back as a blangla in their next life.

Can you bear to see your MIL sleeping on the corridor?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

You are the man.  [thumbsup]

Can you bear to see your MIL sleeping on the corridor?  [laugh]

This is a trick question.

Answer yes also wrong answer no also wrong.