Seat Ateca

Aukang

Saw the Ateca in person yesterday. 

Was suitably impressed.

- Everything feels very solid and well put together.

- Buttons had the right amount of damping, and had little free play

- The head unit was responsive, with good definition screen

- Also liked the seat material - not leather, some velvety/alcatara type material, which I thought was a nice change of pace (though I imagine it could get a bit warm on hot days)

- Design wise, I think i actually prefer the sportier design language of the Ateca to that of the Tiguan

On the [minor] downsides, the some of the plastics in the front of the cabin are harder than that of the Tiguan (but still feels like good quality plastics). In a sense, there is more consistency throughout the Ateca cabin in this regards. The Tiguan has high quality materials in the front of the cabin, but has a lot of hard plastics in the second row, and in the centre storage compartment in the front. 

It looks and feels good.

It would be better if they bring in the 1.0l turbo with 2WD version. Will probably sell quite well.

The 1.4l AWD version is quite expensive for many people thinking of buying the Ateca.

↡ Advertisement

saw this ateca in my carpark yesternight, owner was previously driving a e-class. downgrade to ateca? 

it is the same as the tiguan, with that said, I would go for the tiguan, call me a badge snoob if you will, however, the perception of the brand is there.  however, I would not buy this car at this price - 150K, I would be considering the GLA, more reliability,

ateca has the same runnings on the same MQB platform, so GB/engine are the same...

Any SEAT Sales to recommend?

Would like to know too...

IS his Brand still alive? DOnt see much on the road... Really wish to know the reliability of their cars..

and also the Gearbox..Volkswagon problematic gearbox? NO right? Heard its wet clutch for this car

• Praise 1

Would like to know too...

IS his Brand still alive? DOnt see much on the road... Really wish to know the reliability of their cars..

and also the Gearbox..Volkswagon problematic gearbox? NO right? Heard its wet clutch for this car

Ateca is wet clutch DSG. The rest of the Seat models (except Leon Cupra) use dry clutch DSG
  • Praise 1

Wet or dry clutch better?

My understanding Wet clutch is better, as the clutch assembly is constantly bathed in oil, which means it'll have a longer life & able to take more abuse. However, this means higher cost in the wet clutch gb by manufacturer, and limited to cars with higher torque o/p 250Nm above.

Dry clutch is more efficient, but more subjected to overheating issues as reported in some cars..

Personally I would prefer wet than dry, in terms of consideration of reliability - Partly 1 reason why I choose Ateca over other Conti cars in the similiar price region 

• Praise 2

My understanding Wet clutch is better, as the clutch assembly is constantly bathed in oil, which means it'll have a longer life & able to take more abuse. However, this means higher cost in the wet clutch gb by manufacturer, and limited to cars with higher torque o/p 250Nm above.

Dry clutch is more efficient, but more subjected to overheating issues as reported in some cars..

Personally I would prefer wet than dry, in terms of consideration of reliability - Partly 1 reason why I choose Ateca over other Conti cars in the similiar price region 

correct for wet clutch

note tt the oil need to change at 60k for optimum perf

• Praise 1

correct for wet clutch

note tt the oil need to change at 60k for optimum perf

Is this part of the oil replacement during the 60k servicing?

Btw anybody can advice where to find any online sites that specializes in accessories etc Floor mats, window shades, for Ateca

There is a SEAT roadshow at Northpoint City this week.

Ateca going from SGD110,400.

Went to Ubi showroom recently. Pretty quiet.

Got ready stocks for those who want b4 CNY.

The Seat Ateca is the cheapest option for the same VW family segment such as VW Tiguan and the Skoda Karoq.

Only difference is that Seat is managed by Vertex whereas Tiguan and Karoq are distributed by VW Sg.

Surprisingly Skoda's latest showroom at Leng Kee has the same distinctive up-market feel as the VW car showroom. Very out of touch haha  :))

• Praise 1

Went to Ubi showroom recently. Pretty quiet.

Got ready stocks for those who want b4 CNY.

The Seat Ateca is the cheapest option for the same VW family segment such as VW Tiguan and the Skoda Karoq.

Only difference is that Seat is managed by Vertex whereas Tiguan and Karoq are distributed by VW Sg.

Surprisingly Skoda's latest showroom at Leng Kee has the same distinctive up-market feel as the VW car showroom. Very out of touch haha  :))

Yes.. I received a lot of attention when driving my new ride   [drivingcar]

SEAT marketing team should work harder if they want to be as successful as their sister SKoda. In terms of quatity & specs, are at least on par with the other VAG brands

Btw any Ateca owners can advice where to get fitting magnetic sun shades? Tried a few of the big local shops, but all dont carry *facepalm*  :a-bang:

Edited by Maomao82
  • Praise 1

Hv to check with ur AD after sales

Btw anybody can advice where to find any online sites that specializes in accessories etc Floor mats, window shades, for Ateca

Congrats!

Yes.. I received a lot of attention when driving my new ride [drivingcar]

SEAT marketing team should work harder if they want to be as successful as their sister SKoda. In terms of quatity & specs, are at least on par with the other VAG brands

Btw any Ateca owners can advice where to get fitting magnetic sun shades? Tried a few of the big local shops, but all dont carry *facepalm* :a-bang:

Recently i tried to find car mats for my skoda, something like the 5D type because looked so luxurious. Approached a company who specialized in customizing them and was told they are waiting for 500 orders for my car before making the mould. Basically telling me to get lost as my drive not mass market enough to worth the effort lol. I think ateca should be same situation la hahaha, we can stick to usual 3m, 3A, giant..
  • Praise 1

Recently i tried to find car mats for my skoda, something like the 5D type because looked so luxurious. Approached a company who specialized in customizing them and was told they are waiting for 500 orders for my car before making the mould. Basically telling me to get lost as my drive not mass market enough to worth the effort lol. I think ateca should be same situation la hahaha, we can stick to usual 3m, 3A, giant..

Collected my Carmat from my SE, lucky I requested.. but  definitely it's made by 1 of the Suppliers in Ubi, I'm sure if they wanna open up to mass market its possible. 

post-34817-0-43114400-1546739860_thumb.jpg

post-34817-0-76702300-1546739866_thumb.jpg

post-34817-0-08082300-1546739874_thumb.jpg

post-34817-0-17231300-1546739884_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maomao82
  • Praise 1

Anybody can advice on how to use the Apple Carplay? Already download the app on my  mobile, but cant to link it to the infotainment system wirelessly... or does it have to be via wire? Any Tech Guru can advise?

Finally done up PPS on my not-so New ride =D

post-34817-0-04501500-1547361479_thumb.jpg

post-34817-0-93971000-1547361489_thumb.jpg

post-34817-0-13638600-1547361497_thumb.jpg

post-34817-0-19316600-1547361946_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maomao82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2