Honda Freed Hybrid (2017) Vs Toyota Sienta Hybrid

Erictdi

Supersonic

Yup but after market doesn't cool just distribute..

BM only has non hybrid right

yes. i was also considering to install aftermarket blower but after collecting the car, i find that the aircon is cold enough to cool the 3rd row. got to adjust the centre vents to direct to the back.
↡ Advertisement

yes. i was also considering to install aftermarket blower but after collecting the car, i find that the aircon is cold enough to cool the 3rd row. got to adjust the centre vents to direct to the back.

U mean for Freed or Sienta?

Neutral Newbie

I am considering to do for Freed. During the test drive it seems weaker (according to my CFO). Any reviews from Freed owners?

Neutral Newbie

Sounds good. Looks like I can try it out. Is it noisy?

@fuelsaver Another question. When did you get the Freed? Is running on 15" tires fine? Considering to switch out of the 15" Hybrid steel rims to Alloys or possibly 16".

Hi all, i was on a taiwan trip last week and one of the uber ride was sienta , the aircon was good enough to cool tne last row passenger and we request driver to adjust the temp as last row passenger complaint too cold.Btw the ride was 80km and local temp was at 33c at kaoshiung.

Might consider trading in my ride for a sienta

• Praise 1

Hi all, i was on a taiwan trip last week and one of the uber ride was sienta , the aircon was good enough to cool tne last row passenger and we request driver to adjust the temp as last row passenger complaint too cold.Btw the ride was 80km and local temp was at 33c at kaoshiung.

Might consider trading in my ride for a sienta

yes i cannot turn my aircon full blast, passengers will complain

Prefer Freed compare to Sienta.

Last row is cramp for Sienta

Freed more power, different gearbox compare to Sienta

Oh the boot door for Sienta is thin..

Cheers

• Praise 1

Cheers

Yup everyone has their own preferences.

But I beg to differ that Sienta last row is cramp. The unique thing about the last row is that passengers can slip their foot under the second row. I always pick my bro and sis in-laws and they are 1.6+m. No issue having them sitting on the last row.

I can't comment on Freed as I never sit before.

Power may not be directly linked to gearbox. Sienta is using CVT whereas Freed has CVT with built-in torque converter. The Freed hybrid has a DCT instead. I do agree Freed has more power as it is higher BHP and Torque compared to Sienta.

Cheers.

Cheers

I was torn between Sienta petrol and hybrid as well as Freed. Freed has higher horse power and thicker seat cushion, but unfortunately due to higher price and last row flip up seat that take up too much space. Meaning if last row seat, 1 seat is flip up, there is not enough space to put 2 full size 28" luggage standing upright (due to the flip up seat obstruction) and a baby stroller for the occasion trip up north. And on the rare occasion you need to transport bulky items, the space constrain is a downside. The thicker seat cushion for Freed is good, but how often passenger seat at the last row? For my case, seldom it is used except for small trip with my parent or in law for family meal.

Finally decided to go with Sienta petrol as my daily travel is less than 8km and last row seat is seldom used except trip up north. The money save can be put to other expenditure like oversea trip for family and some simple mod on the car.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Hi i have decided to get a sienta, kindly owners of sienta can recommend for PI or BM model?

PI sells the hybrid version and BM sells the petrol version. 

Hi i have decided to get a sienta, kindly owners of sienta can recommend for PI or BM model?

you can go through the Sienta thread, i had posted some comparison lists there...

(edited)

I was torn between Sienta petrol and hybrid as well as Freed. Freed has higher horse power and thicker seat cushion, but unfortunately due to higher price and last row flip up seat that take up too much space. Meaning if last row seat, 1 seat is flip up, there is not enough space to put 2 full size 28" luggage standing upright (due to the flip up seat obstruction) and a baby stroller for the occasion trip up north. And on the rare occasion you need to transport bulky items, the space constrain is a downside. The thicker seat cushion for Freed is good, but how often passenger seat at the last row? For my case, seldom it is used except for small trip with my parent or in law for family meal.

Finally decided to go with Sienta petrol as my daily travel is less than 8km and last row seat is seldom used except trip up north. The money save can be put to other expenditure like oversea trip for family and some simple mod on the car.

I guess the biggest downside of Freed is the 3rd row can't be hidden totally like Sienta, giving u a boot capacity which no other compact mpv can match. Otherwise Freed is going to win Sienta handsdown... In terms of specs, bhp, torque, honda sensing, cruise control etc. 

I'm also having a headache of which to choose at the moment... At the rate which hybrid models are appearing on our roads, I'm confident that its going to be a norm in a couple of years... 

Edited by WoShiNewbie

Probably you need to do a pros and cons list to decide which is the best. The other consideration is that there is a thriving Sienta FB group and if you encounter problem you can post a question in the FB and quickly get helpful answer as compare to Freed. Also on the BHP is not really that important on our roads condition and traffic. If you are not in a hurry to buy a mpv now for the VES rebate, probably can wait for Sienta 2019 model. Last but not least, think long term instead of short term, which car will benefit you more.

I guess the biggest downside of Freed is the 3rd row can't be hidden totally like Sienta, giving u a boot capacity which no other compact mpv can match. Otherwise Freed is going to win Sienta handsdown... In terms of specs, bhp, torque, honda sensing, cruise control etc. 

I'm also having a headache of which to choose at the moment... At the rate which hybrid models are appearing on our roads, I'm confident that its going to be a norm in a couple of years... 

• Praise 2

Probably you need to do a pros and cons list to decide which is the best. The other consideration is that there is a thriving Sienta FB group and if you encounter problem you can post a question in the FB and quickly get helpful answer as compare to Freed. Also on the BHP is not really that important on our roads condition and traffic. If you are not in a hurry to buy a mpv now for the VES rebate, probably can wait for Sienta 2019 model. Last but not least, think long term instead of short term, which car will benefit you more.

Hopefully the next batch of Sientas will have more features added in, like Toyota Sense and Cruise Control etc. So at least its a better match with Freed in terms of features n specs.

I'm honoured to be in the FB Sienta Grp nw and I must admit that they are really 1 big grp of helpful people leaving no qns unanswered. Still observing in process and personally I really love the fact that Toyota has done so well with the concealing of the 3rd row underneath the 2nd row. Cheers to Toyota~!!! =D 

↡ Advertisement