Garmen tackling fake news trolls beware

Staff69

(edited)

Its ok. We wait for government to score own goal. They are very good in that :XD:

You mean kicked ball into their own goal post izzzit??

We called it here... It only happen 50 years once and it's honest mistake, let's move on.... what you think ?

Edited by 2BDriver

Twincharged
(edited)

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/government-to-review-laws-to-tackle-fake-news-10-instances-of-fake-news?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1491234336

Look at those examples of fake news straits times give. By looking at those Few examples, I could only say they deserved it. Never do homework, never go verify with other information, never go down to the area and take a look like the punggol housing estate photoshop.

So can't blame government to want to take action. If alternative news are intelligent enough, they will not do all these stupid things. Like I say in my previous post, live to fight the other day. What alternative news are doing is, solo and flight with a big group of army. Of coz big group of army will win..

Edited by Yewheng

[tiagong] is the new "Disclaimer before every news reporting. :D

[tiagong] place your text here [/tiagong]
:XD:
[tiagong] place your text here [/tiagong]

Our court will charge all these ah gongs with their tiagong cases one by one.

Before doing that........Ask the court to expedite the CHC case first.....Do things cannot do half effort one....my mother teach me one. :D

Our court will charge all these ah gongs with their tiagong cases one by one.

• Praise 1

i subscribe to this  (very old video in 60mins... in 2005)

So... no.. i personally find websites that pokes fun along racial lines satirically to be in bad taste

I saw the video you were referring to, kudos to Morgan Freeman-aka Voice of god in movies (imho)- for his response.

However, I would disagree that poking fun along racial lines to be in bad taste. Jokes can be about anything, and depending on the joke / set-up, it can be either in good taste or bad taste, it can either have comical value, or none at all. I wouldn't just group everything about a certain topic to be in bad taste.

And, I know you referred to websites / writing satire about racial lines, but may I point you to a comedian who jokes about races whom I find funny - Russell Peters.

My comment. I believe the law is not meant to penalise people who spread the news in genuine belief they are helping people around them.

I THINK that the law will handle

1) the originator of the false news. Like c say tia gong from b who tia gong from a. A will get questioned and maybe penalised. With everything online it is kind of easy to find out who started the false news. In my scenario maybe c and b will get questioned but that's it.

2) stomp sites and such. I hope they get penalised for spreading false news in order to get readership.

Because false news can cause problems like resources directed away from where it is needed. Example fake news of bomb attack or building collapse.

Or unnecessary panic when everyone you know is informed of a kidnapping by so and so. Everyone except the police is informed. This causes mistrust unnecessarily and may prevent people who actually KNOW something from calling the police because they don't trust the police anymore (depending on what the news is).

Could it be abused to sweep things under the carpet? Nothing is impossible but I THINK that with social media it is harder to do so and every five years or so, we have a choice.

Two cents.

5 years may be too long some times! Look at the orange muppet on the opposite side of the world! They do it every 4 years for his position, their house of rep is 2 years. Less than three months in, see what's happen...

Anyway, I think people spreading fake news, especially those that cause panic, has to be dealt with, but this kind of law is just too heavy handed. Then again, with the rise of social media, I think governments everywhere are trying to contain certain aspects.

Its very obvious why they doing this .... the reason for it is just an excuse .  :lll._.:

Just like when people complained about FT , they go after the construction workers hahaha 

:XD:   :a-confused:

• Praise 4

I saw the video you were referring to, kudos to Morgan Freeman-aka Voice of god in movies (imho)- for his response.

However, I would disagree that poking fun along racial lines to be in bad taste. Jokes can be about anything, and depending on the joke / set-up, it can be either in good taste or bad taste, it can either have comical value, or none at all. I wouldn't just group everything about a certain topic to be in bad taste.

And, I know you referred to websites / writing satire about racial lines, but may I point you to a comedian who jokes about races whom I find funny - Russell Peters.

ok.. let's phrase it this way...  wats non-offensive to you and me...

can be misconstrued in a totally different way.. 

today you and i can find it funny... tomorrow it may be a different story.. 

Things can and will be distorted to serve difference purposes..  

Who will be the one to say whats offensive and whats not? 

Russel peters i know.. he is hilarious to me! 

But the same joke.. can offend the extremist to commit offences.. and may offend the moderate to varying degrees. (case in point.. paris nov 2015 attacks)

In a time when the world is dealing with sensitive issues related to religion..  i personally think my enjoyment can be reduced as long as no extra wounds are reopened.

• Praise 2

Next time thread titles will have a tiagong in front

Mytiagongforum.com:

[tiagong] place your title here

[tiagong] place your text here

• Praise 1

don't know what to say siah ... think they better pull the internet plug on the whole nation and make everyone read only the shit times.

• Praise 1

don't know what to say siah ... think they better pull the internet plug on the whole nation and make everyone read only the shit times.

They'd made the old saying becomes very true.... 官字有两个口。
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2