Passenger dragged off overbooked United Airlines plane

Count-Bracula

Was looking at the ceo message to UA employees, nowonder they are like that. Their culture are indirectly influenced by how the management run and with ceo himself instead of saying that he has ask his team below to review on the procedures to ensure passengers are not being disgraced and being dragged out of plane by police. He go say that he will standby them. What the..

This is one example of bad ceo leading to bad working culture. Bad working culture does not mean workers are unhappy it could also mean that they feel they are right and can treat customer like shit.

You can watch what their ex-CEO said too :D

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/10/united-is-being-immature-former-continental-ceo-gordon-bethune-says.html

↡ Advertisement

If only they tasered him he won't be running back from the terminal

and climbing on board the plane again.

If they just wanted to beat him up they should have beat him up 

jialat jialat so he has no energy left to come back and drip his blood

all over the plane. Doesn't he care that some poor airline employee

has to clean up his mess. What an unruly passenger. So inconsiderate.

:D

Cannot taser old man lah. Later heart attack and mati, even more problem.

• Praise 1

Sometimes I do wonder if they used racial profiling.

69 years old asian man easy target?

Why not choose a 20 years old 250lbs burly white guy? 

i am a fully negotiable person.. ie.. as long as the value commensurate my ''sacrifice'' feel free to talk to me...  

[:p]

I just feel he has a viable option to drive to louisville... 800usd more than sufficient to book a one way uber...  

@galantspeedz bro.. answered you here wat i think  [laugh]

I think it's 800 USD pure compensation but with a rebooking of the flight for a later time. They don't refund the flight fees, so already lugi for that.

If they refund the flight fees in full plus give 800 in compensation, then maybe worth considering. But for some people (me included and clearly this doc as well), money not as important as obligations.

Some important lessons to learn here - even if booking Economy, be very early for check in. Because the later you are for check in, the more likely you are to get forcibly bumped off.

• Praise 1

Lets see if I got this right.

The security guard beat up the good doctor and dragged

him to the terminal. There they some how lost him and the

good doctor managed to get himself back on the plane and

after he had a good body slamming and bleeding from the head.

This is just amazing. Lucky he was just a good doctor.

What if he was a terrorist? Can lose him in the terminal

and so easily get back on the plane again?

Terrorism laws in the US is not to catch the terrorists

its to spy on the good people. Switching on the laptop

camera to spy on good looking young ladies. I wish I 

was a US spy too.  [thumbsup]

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

I think it's 800 USD pure compensation but with a rebooking of the flight for a later time. They don't refund the flight fees, so already lugi for that.

If they refund the flight fees in full plus give 800 in compensation, then maybe worth considering. But for some people (me included and clearly this doc as well), money not as important as obligations.

Some important lessons to learn here - even if booking Economy, be very early for check in. Because the later you are for check in, the more likely you are to get forcibly bumped off.

It's 800 usd in vouchers not cash.

Yes, checking in early is important if you want to avoid getting bumped but this fellow was already on the plane...

Lets see if I got this right.

The security guard beat up the good doctor and dragged

him to the terminal. There they some how lost him and the

good doctor managed to get himself back on the plane and

after he had a good body slamming and bleeding from the head.

This is just amazing. Lucky he was just a good doctor.

What if he was a terrorist? Can lose him in the terminal

and so easily get back on the plane again?

Terrorism laws in the US is not to catch the terrorists

its to spy on the good people. Switching on the laptop

camera to spy on good looking young ladies. I wish I 

was a US spy too.  [thumbsup]

your statement will make the airport/airline security lose their jobs whether he is a good doctor or not   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Its not about the compensation amount.. the value of which .. varies person to person. 

I just see it as a situation where if no one bucks... its a waste of everyone's time. Of cus.. if i am not in a rush for that flight.. then i would step off.. if i have plans scheduled at the destination.. that would all screw up over this situation.. thats another story isnt it?

And.. that guy's identity (being a doctor) has yet to be confirmed... if his story (having patients appt) holds water or not.. is also yet to be confirmed.. 

I am of the opinion the guy is not an angel in the first place...  

Might i point out..  he was travelling WITH his wife...  they needed ONE more person to disembark...  

If it was SUCH an issue about meeting his patients.. why cant his wife disembark?

• Praise 1

your statement will make the airport/airline security lose their jobs whether he is a good doctor or not   [laugh]  [laugh]

They should lose their jobs.

How to lose a 69 year old kenna beaten up

bleeding from the head man in a high security

area of the airport. And how can they let a man

bleeding from the head into the aeroplane again?

Nobody checks who goes on the plane?

They pay billions for security at the airports in the US

and this is the security they get. I am going to the US

now to start my own security company. Any ex convicts

and thugs need a job? Can come and join me. Those

with outstanding criminal records also welcome to join. [thumbsup]

Might i point out..  he was travelling WITH his wife...  they needed ONE more person to disembark...  

If it was SUCH an issue about meeting his patients.. why cant his wife disembark?

this then make me think, why didn't the airline ask 2 couples to disembark but 1 couple , 1 individual and 1 half of a couple

logic will tell you either 4 individual, 2 couples or 1 couple and 2 individual should disembark

• Praise 1

People like you are so unoriginal - always telling customer service people

Look its not the money its the principle.

People like me are very original - when I tell the customer service person

Look its not the principle its the MONEY - they are always stunned like vegetable.

I cannot eat my principles but I can always use the money to go for a nice dinner.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

this then make me think, why didn't the airline ask 2 couples to disembark but 1 couple , 1 individual and 1 half of a couple

logic will tell you either 4 individual, 2 couples or 1 couple and 2 individual should disembark

agree to the logic...  

tho the why it happened can be explained away... 

two couples where chosen.. but one guy volunteered mayb?

but my point still stands.. if he was in such a rush to meet his patients.. why didnt the wife disembark?? 

i just think his moral high ground is questionable...  

*disclaimer* the treatment of him was WRONG. period.

I am just of the view he had intention to blow up the situation right from the start..   

Its not about the compensation amount.. the value of which .. varies person to person. 

I just see it as a situation where if no one bucks... its a waste of everyone's time. Of cus.. if i am not in a rush for that flight.. then i would step off.. if i have plans scheduled at the destination.. that would all screw up over this situation.. thats another story isnt it?

And.. that guy's identity (being a doctor) has yet to be confirmed... if his story (having patients appt) holds water or not.. is also yet to be confirmed.. 

I fully support your post.

They should have kicked the wife off too.  [thumbsup]

They should lose their jobs.

How to lose a 69 year old kenna beaten up

bleeding from the head man in a high security

area of the airport. And how can they let a man

bleeding from the head into the aeroplane again?

Nobody checks who goes on the plane?

They pay billions for security at the airports in the US

and this is the security they get. I am going to the US

now to start my own security company. Any ex convicts

and thugs need a job? Can come and join me. Those

with outstanding criminal records also welcome to join. [thumbsup]

i doubt you can find fault on the doctor even if he is no angel, cos there were hundred on board that witness the whole incident when none question him but the mishandling. 

Congress Steps In After Doctor Is Violently Dragged From United Airlines Flight

agree to the logic...  

tho the why it happened can be explained away... 

two couples where chosen.. but one guy volunteered mayb?

but my point still stands.. if he was in such a rush to meet his patients.. why didnt the wife disembark?? 

i just think his moral high ground is questionable...  

*disclaimer* the treatment of him was WRONG. period.

I am just of the view he had intention to blow up the situation right from the start..   

You are being too nice to the "doctor" a fake one for all we know.

I think he deserved a good beating.  [thumbsup]

i doubt you can find fault on the doctor even if he is no angel, cos there were hundred on board that witness the whole incident when none question him but the mishandling. 

Congress Steps In After Doctor Is Violently Dragged From United Airlines Flight

I fully support my fellow member @Superbored 

He is of the opinion

"I am just of the view he had intention to blow up the situation right from the start.."  [thumbsup] 

• Praise 1

I don't think it matters if he is really a doctor or not.

Does it matter if he had an appointment to see patients, or if he had booked a dirty massage the next day? He paid for the seat, was boarded fair and square. 

If the airline wants the seat back, they need to pay what the passenger deems as fair so yes, the compensation amount does matter. It  doesn't mean that they have to target this specific passenger's price point (which could be 1 mil for all we know) but there are many other passengers on the plane which could be willing to get off for more than 800usd worth of vouchers (maybe 800 usd cash?).

• Praise 2