Swift sport clutch slip problem

Vodaboy

Neutral Newbie

I'm driving a swift sport zc31 manual. My clutch slip when I accelerate over 3k rpm. The acceleration comes in after a delay of about 2sec.  When I floor, the Rpm will rise like it's in neutral gear and then will go down and accelerate the speed. 

I just changed a recon gearbox and new clutch kit 2 mths ago.  Went back to the workshop and they told me it's normal cuz I changed a normal clutch, if I change a racing clutch then won't have this problem. 

Anyone can help on this?

↡ Advertisement

I'm driving a swift sport zc31 manual. My clutch slip when I accelerate over 3k rpm. The acceleration comes in after a delay of about 2sec.  When I floor, the Rpm will rise like it's in neutral gear and then will go down and accelerate the speed. 

I just changed a recon gearbox and new clutch kit 2 mths ago.  Went back to the workshop and they told me it's normal cuz I changed a normal clutch, if I change a racing clutch then won't have this problem. 

Anyone can help on this?

I don't think the Clutch will slip so much,if your engine is stock,maybe the Mechanics never clean the surface of the Clutch plate properly.?Or maybe the Clutch Spring is weak.?Seek another Workshop for advice.

Wrong Clutch may also be a factor,maybe the Clutch is mean for the 1.0.?

↡ Advertisement