Euro 6 petrol cars

Currahee

From sep17, petrol cars need to meet euro 6. I understand most cars are still euro 4. Are there already a selection of euro 6 cars in Singapore to scout for?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

From sep17, petrol cars need to meet euro 6. I understand most cars are still euro 4. Are there already a selection of euro 6 cars in Singapore to scout for?

No need to worry,the Agent will settle for you,just save up your $$$....Most German Cars should be Euro 6.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 6

Which japanese brand have vehicles that are Port Fuel Injection meeting JPN 2009 emission standards (equivalent to Euro VI)?

Edited by Cypher
  • Praise 2

Thanks... Wonder also which Japanese cars met euro 6 or jpn2009... Can't seem to find this standard

No need to worry,the Agent will settle for you,just save up your $$$....Most German Cars should be Euro 6.

Worry got risk if book earlier and didn't opt for guaranteed COE, then forced to top up cos need register euro 4 car before sep
  • Praise 1

Current Japan emmissions standard? They won't let you know. They say it gets more stringent by the year but I find that their car makers can hardly cope especially smaller car companies.

Mostly Euro4? I would say Euro 4/5 coz if you look at their implementation date for all registrations in Europe Euro4 started Jan 2006 and Euro5 Jan 2011. Most would have bought their cars inbetween 2006-2011.

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/euro-emissions-standards/

Euro6 implemetation date for Europe is Sept 2015

Cars models selling in Europe now would meet Euro6 to the next standard. Usually car makers would make the engine last two emmission standards so that they don't have to develope a new engine every 4 years. It would be cost effective to do so.

Thanks... Wonder also which Japanese cars met euro 6 or jpn2009... Can't seem to find this standard

Worry got risk if book earlier and didn't opt for guaranteed COE, then forced to top up cos need register euro 4 car before sep

lets see how this goes.

The dealer is more worried then you.

1. You book liao. Then they refund you. Money earn becomes money lost

2. They stuck with Euro 4 cars that cannot be sold.

3. The carrying cost to store it is not cheap and its a depreciating asset.

4. The YOM means the car also losing value

all in, I would low ball and even play hardball if its euro 4 cars

VW Sharan euro 6 compliant

• Praise 1

Can't seem to find info on SG fuel following which Euro standard now. Any ideas?

Petrol fuel is mainly euro4. By right they also need step up towards end of year

Current Japan emmissions standard? They won't let you know. They say it gets more stringent by the year but I find that their car makers can hardly cope especially smaller car companies.

Mostly Euro4? I would say Euro 4/5 coz if you look at their implementation date for all registrations in Europe Euro4 started Jan 2006 and Euro5 Jan 2011. Most would have bought their cars inbetween 2006-2011.

http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/euro-emissions-standards/

Euro6 implemetation date for Europe is Sept 2015

Cars models selling in Europe now would meet Euro6 to the next standard. Usually car makers would make the engine last two emmission standards so that they don't have to develope a new engine every 4 years. It would be cost effective to do so.

But it gets a bit confusing in Europe as there is some leeway in the initial years during implementation of euro 6..

Goes something like can be considered for sale between 2015_2018 so long as within XX% of euro 6 emissions. Of cos XX% gets tighter over the years to allow mfg to improve their cars...

Found another one. Honda Odyssey 2.4 MPV i-VTEC (EXV-S) EURO 6

Thanks.. so no lelong for odyssey

The Nissan Sylphy is only Euro 4... Do you folks think that Tan Chong will lelong lelong it before Sep 2017? 

highly likely but in a quiet way. You dont want the current owners and 2nd hand car dealers to get upset,

highly likely but in a quiet way. You dont want the current owners and 2nd hand car dealers to get upset,

I will be glad and keen if Nissan do a lelong sale in this year end.

Anyone has SE to recommend so that I can head-up him/her first - a thousand thanks.

• Praise 1

Hyundai is clearing its existing stocks of Elantra to make way for stocks with Euro 6 compliant engine.

I asked my SE would there be any change to the engine for the new stocks, he said the engine is still the same. I guess they are controlling the emission via chip, probably surpassing the engine performance. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1