Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

no sales? you must be kidding

dealer drop $10k ... buyer itchy backside liao

dealer drop $20k ... all cheong to showroom liao

dealer drop $30k ... commotion and elbow fight liao

coe shoot right back to $50k in 60 seconds

well said. I am just some of the car owner that help AD to cleared their euro 4 engines stocks. only few k discount..take it or leave it that what my sales consultant says

they said they have rental company to take the leftovers etc. I just paid for my Slyphy few days ago lol

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Ermmm....what's so scary? Most of the cars in SG roads are not even Euro 5 compliant and there's no backlash.

Road tax payable for diesel vehicles takes into consideration their emission standards. Who knows ...... maybe road tax will be raised in future for petrol vehicles which are not Euro 6 compliant :(

• Praise 2

no sales? you must be kidding

dealer drop $10k ... buyer itchy backside liao

dealer drop $20k ... all cheong to showroom liao

dealer drop $30k ... commotion and elbow fight liao

coe shoot right back to $50k in 60 seconds

I never said no sales, just lower volume, such that not enough to fill the quota. The situation I mentioned is sort of an anomaly where there are not many euro 6-compliant cars for consumers to want to buy. There will be total of 8 bids that could see how it will play out. Not to mention that buying sentiments is bad as all concern about effects of new emission scheme from next Jan. I woul think it is possible for COE level to dip significantly for short period. Of course this is just guessing, could be wrong.

(edited)

hope you are right [thumbsup]

however, anything in spore ... cheaper by $5k $10k all whack liao

buyer all scream cheap cheap ... dealer cashier all ring chip chip ...

I never said no sales, just lower volume, such that not enough to fill the quota. The situation I mentioned is sort of an anomaly where there are not many euro 6-compliant cars for consumers to want to buy. There will be total of 8 bids that could see how it will play out. Not to mention that buying sentiments is bad as all concern about effects of new emission scheme from next Jan. I woul think it is possible for COE level to dip significantly for short period. Of course this is just guessing, could be wrong.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Road tax payable for diesel vehicles takes into consideration their emission standards. Who knows ...... maybe road tax will be raised in future for petrol vehicles which are not Euro 6 compliant :(

Non-Euro 6 petrol paying more road tax is something I'm sure LTA will exploit to collect more $$$. Just like how Euro 4 diesel pay more tax than Euro 5 ones.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Non-Euro 6 petrol paying more road tax is something I'm sure LTA will exploit to collect more $$$. Just like how Euro 4 diesel pay more tax than Euro 5 ones.

I won't think LTA will increase Road Tax for Older Cars already On The Roads.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I won't think LTA will increase Road Tax for Older Cars already On The Roads.

Never say never. They will conveniently find an 'environmental' reason to justify collecting more $$$.

hope you are right [thumbsup]

however, anything in spore ... cheaper by $5k $10k all whack liao

buyer all scream cheap cheap ... dealer cashier all ring chip chip ...

I agree with your opinon, just that the said period of 4 months is unique.

There is always a gap between planning and execution. If from 1/Sept the dealers are not ready and many models are not Euro-6 compliant such that cannot be sold locally, then this anamoly of have money also nothing much to buy could become a reality causing COE crash. I am sure it will recover when the new stock arrives later on, just that there might be this window of opportunity for those whose ride of choice happen to be Euro-6 compliant thus could reap this benefit. Good luck to those who can wait.

• Praise 2

Never say never. They will conveniently find an 'environmental' reason to justify collecting more $$$.

Their effective date is normally immediately based on past trends

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

i am not sure what is involved to be euro 6 compliance, if it cost $' surely such cost will be pass back to consumers. 

so end of the day, car cost will goes uo for. sure. between now till Sept and Jan next year because of the tax rebate, surely you will benefit if you register your car now. as AD or PI, I will try to clear existing stock fast. otherwise, i woukd need to re export them. 

key of course goes back to COE. if it drops, overall price will drop regardless of which euro. that is my tske. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

I feel this next couple of mths is the last window period for those sitting on the fence. Many ADs hv sold off their Euro 5 stock n waiting for new Euro 6 stock to arrive. So bidding may not be so aggressive.

After Euro 6 stock arrive from 1 Sep, ADs will trumpet the impending VES n the mkt will go into panic buying n push COE up. And if VES after 1 Jan 2018 is not enuf to drive up COE, LTA can easily reduce quota n another round of panic buying starts again.

Supersonic

Their effective date is normally immediately based on past trends

Sorry dun understand what u mean.

I'm saying they can tweak road tax anytime. If non-Euro 6 (i.e. majority of cars), they can always say not so green so gotta pay carbon tax. Instantly can collect extra $$$ under the environmental justification. Who can argue with that?

But meanwhile, highly pollutive JB cars, bikes, lorries, buses can come and go......

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I feel this next couple of mths is the last window period for those sitting on the fence. Many ADs hv sold off their Euro 5 stock n waiting for new Euro 6 stock to arrive. So bidding may not be so aggressive.

After Euro 6 stock arrive from 1 Sep, ADs will trumpet the impending VES n the mkt will go into panic buying n push COE up. And if VES after 1 Jan 2018 is not enuf to drive up COE, LTA can easily reduce quota n another round of panic buying starts again.

Bro, I think most of our current cars here are only Euro 4 mostly and they are here to stay. The current rush to sell them and buy them are those figures that has earlier been brought in by the ADs and PI whom if not sold may be taxed extra. (this is as far as I can know.

Be it CEVS and EVS current scheme are targeted for those cars coming in. After that, car that are Euro 4 and 5 maybe taxed higher if they are taken in depending on the grading. However, you may be right on the road tax situation. With so many ERP.....we were only given with little rebates. They may at anytime at later stage say they will increase the road tax of car that are on the road that is arguable.

If they increase those that are less than 2 years to 5 years old, I think there will be an uproar over it. We may just wait and see.  

Supersonic

Bro, I think most of our current cars here are only Euro 4 mostly and they are here to stay. The current rush to sell them and buy them are those figures that has earlier been brought in by the ADs and PI whom if not sold may be taxed extra. (this is as far as I can know.

Be it CEVS and EVS current scheme are targeted for those cars coming in. After that, car that are Euro 4 and 5 maybe taxed higher if they are taken in depending on the grading. However, you may be right on the road tax situation. With so many ERP.....we were only given with little rebates. They may at anytime at later stage say they will increase the road tax of car that are on the road that is arguable.

If they increase those that are less than 2 years to 5 years old, I think there will be an uproar over it. We may just wait and see.

Bro, increasing road tax for non-Euro 6 car somewhere down the line is a Akan Datang thing. Now whether Euro 0 or Euro 6 pay same same. I'm sure the scholars will find a good environmental justification to slap a carbon tax. The fact that even elec plug in vehicles can kena VES says it all....
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bro, increasing road tax for non-Euro 6 car somewhere down the line is a Akan Datang thing. Now whether Euro 0 or Euro 6 pay same same. I'm sure the scholars will find a good environmental justification to slap a carbon tax. The fact that even elec plug in vehicles can kena VES says it all....

Haha, maybe they do it after the Oxley saga. [:p]

I was lucky my old Camry did not increase over 9 years lah....Just pray.

• Praise 1