Brighter headlights needed

rickbath

Hi All, 

I'm driving a '08 Toyota Axio which i bought about 2 months ago. 

During a recent drive to KL and back, i realised the headlights are not bright enough especially during the stretch when there are no streetlights.

I would like to change the headlights to something with is LTA compliant. I saw there are tonn of LED headlights but need to change back to stock during the inspection. I'd rather not take the trouble and change to something which is compliant and brighter than the current.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Bro,

look for Philips lights - some model is LTA friendly.

It helps in another 30% brighter.

hope it help you too. 

• Praise 2

Hi Bro,

look for Philips lights - some model is LTA friendly.

It helps in another 30% brighter.

hope it help you too. 

thanks for the recommendation 

• Praise 1

Hi All, 

During a recent drive to KL and back, i realised the headlights are not bright enough especially during the stretch when there are no streetlights.

I would like to change the headlights to something with is LTA compliant. I saw there are tonn of LED headlights but need to change back to stock during the inspection. I'd rather not take the trouble and change to something which is compliant and brighter than the current.

If we change to LED type which is LTA compliance do we still need to change back to stock during inspection?

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Pls don't misunderstand that LED is brighter than halogen. It's not any brighter.

Halogen is still the brightest.

What you need is these.

Install front bonnet or roof? Make sure it's yellow.

Wrangler-Raptor-modification-120W-LED-Sp

I dont intend to blind anyone.... ;p

Do not spend too much unless or otherwise you are going to renew your COE (2018 COE expiry?)

Hi All, 

Turbocharged

huh? can you elaborate?

LED has higher efficiency than halogen. Therefore it depends on the individual LED used whether it is actually brighter or denser light than a typical halogen bulb. But most are.

LEDs come in many different range so it can be very difficult to ensure a LED headlight replacement meets all requirements.

Hi All, 

FYI brighter halogen usually do not last as long as stock. Stick to Kelvin temp no higher dan 4300K. Those that has slightly blue tint around the light bulb. Those totally covered in blue tint cannot pass.

Those that I have used before are Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision. Philips one will be slightly whiter and brighter and cost more dan the Osram. Both are available at mxtradings. Osram is most affordable at under $50 a pair depending on size.

LED lights have a lot of type to choose from. Lumens will usually determine the brightness. And dan you got to see if they are able to do both Hi & Lo beam coz some are design to be just Lo beam. The type of cree led, there are fake ones. If you are new at buying led you will see a lot but dunno which to go for. And dan there's the headlight housing issue to house the wires and ballast. If you want the light throw to be much focus and further you go to modify and install projector lens. A lot to consider.

One thing to note when installing do not have skin contact with the glass area. Only touch the metal parts.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

FYI brighter halogen usually do not last as long as stock. Stick to Kelvin temp no higher dan 4300K. Those that has slightly blue tint around the light bulb. Those totally covered in blue tint cannot pass.

Those that I have used before are Osram Night Breaker Unlimited and Philips Xtreme Vision. Philips one will be slightly whiter and brighter and cost more dan the Osram. Both are available at mxtradings. Osram is most affordable at under $50 a pair depending on size.

LED lights have a lot of type to choose from. Lumens will usually determine the brightness. And dan you got to see if they are able to do both Hi & Lo beam coz some are design to be just Lo beam. The type of cree led, there are fake ones. If you are new at buying led you will see a lot but dunno which to go for. And dan there's the headlight housing issue to house the wires and ballast. If you want the light throw to be much focus and further you go to modify and install projector lens. A lot to consider.

One thing to note when installing do not have skin contact with the glass area. Only touch the metal parts.

I might be getting the Phillips White light which i have been told is LTA compliant. 

Sure, will test out if the low & high beam works

↡ Advertisement