Solar Film - 3M, CoolnLite, Zen Tint, Vkool

villan

(edited)

any promotions for 3m and vkool ?i am quoted top range for both; 950/3m and 1300/vkool

Project de Creation Autucare Pte Ltd having GSS 15% off. Was quoted $500 for 3M Crystalline.

Don't use V-Kool, I'm having minimum GPS signal inside my car when all windows are up. And a hole is cut at the IU area to enable IU detection.

Edited by Ki113r
↡ Advertisement

Project de Creation Autucare Pte Ltd having GSS 15% off. Was quoted $500 for 3M Crystalline.

Don't use V-Kool, I'm having minimum GPS signal inside my car when all windows are up. And a hole is cut at the IU area to enable IU detection.

Bro, $500 for 3M crystalline is a steal. Think they are giving you 50%. Unless you are driving a Mx5....

Anything that's too good to be true is normally not. Proceed with caution and keep us posted.

• Praise 1

Any bro encountered tint which turns "cloudy/milky" when viewed from inside car?

Did mine last Dec and had to get replacement done for front windscreen just last week. Guy at shop told me spoilt and told my not to stick suction cup as the film may crumple and get bubbles. HUH?? What crap

• Praise 1

I had the same issue with my IU using vkool window film.

• Praise 1

Bro, $500 for 3M crystalline is a steal. Think they are giving you 50%. Unless you are driving a Mx5....

Anything that's too good to be true is normally not. Proceed with caution and keep us posted.

Yeah, it really sounded too good to be true. That's why I didn't proceed. :D

Supersonic

Any bro encountered tint which turns "cloudy/milky" when viewed from inside car?

Did mine last Dec and had to get replacement done for front windscreen just last week. Guy at shop told me spoilt and told my not to stick suction cup as the film may crumple and get bubbles. HUH?? What crap

What brand is your car solar film?

Maybe the workshop didn't do a proper job. 

What brand is your car solar film?

Maybe the workshop didn't do a proper job.

I*******t.

Workers OK but boss a bit stuck up. I lao pok chia see me no up but I paid $680 for supposedly their premium grade. Now one side window also turned cloudy.

• Praise 2

I*******t.

Workers OK but boss a bit stuck up. I lao pok chia see me no up but I paid $680 for supposedly their premium grade. Now one side window also turned cloudy.

That's surprising about Sherman.

I have been using them since my previous car.

For those who park in open air car parks, do you guys experience bubbles in the solar flim after 5-6 years?

I never parked at an open air car park for more than a day.

So never as long as 5 - 6 years.

:D

After searching for the replacement tint for my car's replacement front screen, I found that most of the tinting industry are selling us a "black box" product without giving us the full details and specification of their product. The 99-97% IRR that they are advertising are only focused on 900-1000nm wavelength, which covers only 4% of the whole solar field!! Look at the diagram below, the whole solar energy covers from 250-2500nm wavelength. I also search on the bio tint technology and released that the darkening effect is very slow (takes about 30mins) and very minimum such that the user won't notice the difference in real world use (go youtube and find "Chameleon Photochromic", compare the shade of sunny vs indoor, don't compare with the half screen that is not tinited).

Bottom line is they won't tell you the overall performance of their solar film against the whole spectrum of solar energy, which some reputable brand will indicate as the Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER). Even the IR meter that they use are only measuring the 4% range, its a sales gimmick!! Furthermore, almost all of the local brand solar film uses nano ceramic to absorb the solar energy, that will eventually heat up the glass and air around it inside the car after some time. Its like a green house film rather then a solar film, it only temporary block the heat... Scam....

In the end, I settled for a more reputable brand like 3M Crystalline series (not the normal 3M film series that were given free by Toyota that people is complaining) that is designed to reflect the heat out of the car instead of absorbing it inside the car. 3M also provides you the Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER) that is very transparent to the buyer, and I think some series of V-Kool also provides the Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER). 

At least I have a peace of mind knowing that the product they sell are tested and certified. Too bad my remaining solar film in the car are the nano ceramic from Tintsy Cool that absorb IR heat.. but no choice, already wasted hundreds of dollars in them, but at least I made the correct choice for my replacement front screen. For those new owners, do consider spending a little more for a reputable product that 1) REFLECT heat, not absorb, and 2) provides the TSER figures, when shopping for solar film. Don't live in regret like me.. ha ha

spectrum.jpg

The whole solar field?

You really don't want visible light rejection at 97% - 99%.

That's surprising about Sherman.

I have been using them since my previous car.

I thot it was a feature of this brand when the tinting turned milky viewed from inside but my mechanic asked me why my tint so strange.

Went back and had it replaced, initially could not find my warranty card so took an extra week before I found it.

Guy told me not to use phone holder with suction cup, he said it voided the warranty and they replaced it out of goodwill.

Huh??  [grin]

• Praise 1

I thot it was a feature of this brand when the tinting turned milky viewed from inside but my mechanic asked me why my tint so strange.

Went back and had it replaced, initially could not find my warranty card so took an extra week before I found it.

Guy told me not to use phone holder with suction cup, he said it voided the warranty and they replaced it out of goodwill.

Huh?? [grin]

When mine turn slightly murky, I went down ask already.

All my cars related doc is always in car.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Yeah, it really sounded too good to be true. That's why I didn't proceed. :D

lol. good move.

Theres a shop in Kaki Bukit offering 3m Crystalline and Kube PPS for $1500. If you need both, I think its a good value.

3M installed buy one of the authorised installer in Singapore.

Edited by jimmwong
  • Praise 2

The whole solar field?

You really don't want visible light rejection at 97% - 99%.

Ha ha, its 97-99% IRR (infra-red rejection), not visible light, they are different wave length pal. 

• Praise 1

Hello! Is Zen the most value for money? I recently bought my first car and wana install solar film to it.

You can check out Stealth Film work. They have 3 types of film depending on your budget
  • Praise 1

Hello! Is Zen the most value for money? I recently bought my first car and wana install solar film to it.

Hi Ivan,

Yes ... cannot go wrong with $ paid.

Not typical come and go accessories shop but run by boss in his fifties.

Cheers.

Richard

Huh?? [grin]

Hi Count,

Should not use suction cup since you do not know what kind of adhesive and chemicals used .. I would advise the same if I am shop owner.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 2

I was googling 3M crystalline, and was surprised to see that they have different grades of crystalline now... I tot previously only one grade, which was top notch. Seems like now even if AD says give 3M crystalline, also might get lousy film already [sweatdrop]

Anyway, nobody mentioned Huper Optik here. Heard that Nissan cars now will give HO films, and I'm trying to find out how good is their specs, but it's not very easy.

now cannot compare specs of eg. tintsycool vs HO, as one gives IRR and the other only gives TSER... [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1