• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
215 replies to this topic | 614 praises

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

bleahx
  • Premium member
    bleahx
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Tax component on the additional OMV is not so high. U can read up on LTA’s website and work out the AD’s profits yourself. :)
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:24 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Tax component on the additional OMV is not so high. U can read up on LTAâs website and work out the ADâs profits yourself. :)

ARF for the difference is $5.6k?

If that the case the additional profit is abt $500?

Pls advise. Thanks

Edited by Ody_2004, 13 November 2018 - 02:25 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:28 PM

NgWeiBin
  • NgWeiBin
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Current price too ex. I feel the style should sell 10k cheaper. For this price, I guess seat ateca seems a better buy

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

bleahx
  • Premium member
    bleahx
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Pls advise. Thanks

According to the website, the ARF is $5k more for ambition. Buyer pays $10k..so the rest goes to Skoda...

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

According to the website, the ARF is $5k more for ambition. Buyer pays $10k..so the rest goes to Skoda...

But skoda singapore need to pay $4k more for the car right?

So $4k plus ARF of 5k is 9k.

10k minus 9k is equal 1k addictional profit right?

Sorry huh new to this
Othello praised this

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

bleahx
  • Premium member
    bleahx
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

How u know Skoda Singapore pays $4k more for the car? All these info not available to public one. If it bothers you, try asking an insider from Skoda about their margins.

But skoda singapore need to pay $4k more for the car right?

So $4k plus ARF of 5k is 9k.

10k minus 9k is equal 1k addictional profit right?

Sorry huh new to this

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:36 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pls advise. Thanks

My interpretation and calculation same same as yours leh ....... 

Maybe both of us can't count for nuts !! No wonder I struggle in Accounting during Uni days  [laugh]

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

How u know Skoda Singapore pays $4k more for the car? All these info not available to public one. If it bothers you, try asking an insider from Skoda about their margins.

Of course I won’t know but base on calculation am i in the right track? Sorry math no good.

If so hoh what other agent paid to their principal is oso not the OMV declared? Then hoh every agent their margin we also won’t know right?

Care to share your experience on this?

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:38 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ah..... means you have info of the exact OMV amounts! Please do share  [thumbsup] So potential buyers can make informed decision. Thanks !!! 

Cos we based it on sgcarmart article. 

Edited by Othello, 13 November 2018 - 03:38 PM.

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:39 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My interpretation and calculation same same as yours leh .......

Maybe both of us can't count for nuts !! No wonder I struggle in Accounting during Uni days [laugh]

Died loh we no study well.. if not we drive high SES car liao.. lucky we not fashionable lah 😂

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:45 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ah..... means you have info of the exact OMV amounts! Please do share  [thumbsup] So potential buyers can make informed decision. Thanks !!! 

Cos we based it on sgcarmart article. 

Screenshot (23).png

wrong, we based it on what HE WROTE HIMSELF! Then he go and talk about their profit margins ?!?!? I'm really lost liao leh ..... 

4K OMV difference = 9.6K additional taxes. SCS only profit $400 more !!!! How dare they ?? 

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:45 PM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

When Skoda was reintroduced here again after absence of many years, their selling point was full or generously specced car at fair price which continued even for the recently launched Kodiaq 1.4l but seems they now moving away from this after a few mths of consolidation?

A pity if this is indeed the case cos I know of some Skoda skeptics who embraced the brand due to the high specs offered.

In the past few AD, they are small fly. Now is VW. Just like Past Mazda AD sell their car cheaper. After change to The new Conti car seller AD, price is not as attractive as before.

To add on, this car omv is 23/24k and 27/28k respectively, how cheap can they sell?

Current price too ex. I feel the style should sell 10k cheaper. For this price, I guess seat ateca seems a better buy

Before the arrival of this AD, all superb come with premium speaker. Now they divided into few trim and only the L&K trim come with it. Why?
Ody_2004 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:13 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

In the past few AD, they are small fly. Now is VW. Just like Past Mazda AD sell their car cheaper. After change to The new Conti car seller AD, price is not as attractive as before.

If sell cheap how to afford their new showcase/workshop in West wor!  [:p]

Anyway with a 10K different between the Ambitious and Style, this different is really not alot.. beside the agent need to have extra overhead in spares/training etc for a mere small profit. 

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:09 AM

Ixus75
  • Premium member
    Ixus75
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Style trim is about 10k higher than Ambition in cost price (before profit)

Basic cost of ambition

22672(OMV) X 2.27 + 2672 X 0.4(Tier OMV tax) + 32000(COE)
= 84,534

Basic cost of Style

26324(OMV) X 2.27 + 6324 X 0.4(Tier OMV tax) + 32000(COE)
= 94,285

Ody_2004, Daniu82, Dice, Lala81, Blueray and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Basic cost of ambition

= 84,534

Basic cost of Style

= 94,285

Thank you for the detailed workout! So i not too far off!  [:p]

I still waiting for some insider view on the actual OMV paid to principle.

BTW it is against the law for not declaring the actual OMV wor.. like some former PI did.

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:29 AM

Ixus75
  • Premium member
    Ixus75
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thank you for the detailed workout! So i not too far off!  [:p]

I still waiting for some insider view on the actual OMV paid to principle.

BTW it is against the law for not declaring the actual OMV wor.. like some former PI did.

OMV is on LTA website.  I used Oct OMV in the calculation.  However, it does varies a bit from month to month

https://www.onemotor...rket_value.html

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    6th Gear
    Author Image

OMV is on LTA website.  I used Oct OMV in the calculation.  However, it does varies a bit from month to month

https://www.onemotor...rket_value.html

Yup fluctuation is understandable due to say currency exchange n such

BUT under declaring is another thing.

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:42 AM

Cheefarn
  • Premium member
    Cheefarn
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Basic cost of ambition

= 84,534

Basic cost of Style

= 94,285

As you can see, Skoda AD made insane amount of profit for each car... This is expected since they are expected to be tiny vol seller... 

And their warranty period is so miserable by today's standard... 5yrs, 100000km warranty only (which I believe comes with lots of ** in disclaimers) , and 3 free svcs instead of the industry norm 3 or 5 yrs. 

三年无发市, 发市顶三年.... read this in Cantonese and you know what I mean... 

This is why PI cars often offers better value for money.  

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:00 AM

NgWeiBin
  • NgWeiBin
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

As you can see, Skoda AD made insane amount of profit for each car... This is expected since they are expected to be tiny vol seller...

And their warranty period is so miserable by today's standard... 5yrs, 100000km warranty only (which I believe comes with lots of ** in disclaimers) , and 3 free svcs instead of the industry norm 3 or 5 yrs.

ä¸å¹´æ åå¸, åå¸é¡¶ä¸å¹´.... read this in Cantonese and you know what I mean...

This is why PI cars often offers better value for money.

That why I say over is price. 30k profit is too much. Anyway, there is PI and best part is even PI is cover by Skoda service center for 3 years. Just maybe you need to go there for 3 years servicing

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Basic cost of ambition

= 84,534

Basic cost of Style
= 94,285

So cost price at 84k selling at 112k. Which is 33% premium.

If they are sincere to improve their branding volume, they could have sold at 100k without lost too. Mazda is different scenario as it brand has already been established here before the new AD took over

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: skoda, karoq, yeti, suv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users