COE Bidding – 1st Round of May 2017

Carbon82

Twincharged

Maybe exchange rate matters as well.

Feb 2016 was the lowest point in COE levels recently (Cat B), where absolute levels are about 14K lower than the most recent bid.

However, the price bottom for cars then was only about 7K lower for the cars I was monitoring.

Higher COE may not count for anything if one intends to drive 10 years or to renew, but it might count for something if trade-in is intended somewhere in the midst.

Best of luck to those bidding this round. May you get the COE and the car you intend to get.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

These kind of deals at car show. COE how to drop.....

Free with every purchase of a Volkswagen!*

- 3 years' road tax

- 3 years' servicing

- 5-years warranty

Plus, these exclusive items*:

- Free 3M solar film

- Free front BlackVue in-vehicle camera

- Free 5 years of 24-hour service support

lets do a self check and prices

3 year road tax .. about 1.3 - 1.8K on average?

3 year servicing... which car AD dont have free car service for 3 years. The rare ones are with 5 year service

5 year warranty. ONLY non wear and tear parts and MUST service for year 4 and 5 and upto 100K mileage else expired. Ball park service for VW in house is 1.5K to 2.5 K depending on what is required. In this case IF they say brake rotor and pads is worn, you want to say never mind I change out side cheaper ??

Free 3M solar flim - how many of us actually paste legal film. We normally paste a little off illegal and then by the time inspection will be a tad legal due to fading. About 350 to 450 outside?

Black Vue Cam. ? I think this is subjective, but can get something better at the same price. Unless they throw in the Cell batt as well.

then about 800 to 1K?

Free 5 year road side assistance. hmm.. How much for AAS membership?

Unless you really hard up on this so call freebie, I think VW have to work harder or equivalent to the creative software they use to win back sales.

I think if they do like what volvo did for polestar , which is not to far fetch which VW at one time offer APR V50 edition for VW and throw in free, many may start to re think on VW. 

PLUS the golf is having a face-lift with many new wonderful toys at the same price as the old model. I highly doubt anyone in their right mine would buy an out going model with dry gearbox when the euro mkt has move the 1.5 to wet clutch.

Of course, this is my thinking. There are many who boh chup and will think other wise because they happy or u happy mentality when buying a car ?..... 

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

when AD are not hungry yet, offer are simply sale. gimmicks lah. 'Free' are what you have alresdy paid for upfront.

End of the day, it is biz. just the margin bigger or smaller. Hopefully the buyer market will come soon.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The bottom line is everyone wants the best paper value once the car is booked. Except some stingy ADs, rest all do not mind paying more to secure the COE.

In that case, ideally those booked should pray for higher COEs. All the best to those waiting to book [:p]  [laugh]

COE up or down, the steptronic type of car price will stay up. Anyway COE price is just a fraction of your car price, no effect to you, dont sabo the rest lah. Haha!

• Praise 1

(edited)

You are the senior, I give way, just setting some facts straight.

Road tax for 2L car after 3 years, close to 3.6k

3 year servicing... which car AD dont have free car service for 3 years. The rare ones are with 5 year service

My B&B Jap back then free one year. 

5 year warranty. ONLY non wear and tear parts and MUST service for year 4 and 5 and upto 100K mileage else expired. Ball park service for VW in house is 1.5K to 2.5 K depending on what is required. In this case IF they say brake rotor and pads is worn, you want to say never mind I change out side cheaper ??

I've driven Jap B&B bi-annual service same as my annual conti. $600-$900 per year as charged by the AD

Free 3M solar flim - how many of us actually paste legal film. We normally paste a little off illegal and then by the time inspection will be a tad legal due to fading. About 350 to 450 outside?

My infra tint $600 excluding sunroof 4 years ago. Maybe bro got some special deal while i kena chop carrot

Black Vue Cam. ? I think this is subjective, but can get something better at the same price. Unless they throw in the Cell batt as well.

then about 800 to 1K?

2 years close to $200. Used to be member, have quit cos never use after last flat battery many years ago. Now I call the conti hotline roadside assist.

Unless you really hard up on this so call freebie, I think VW have to work harder or equivalent to the creative software they use to win back sales.

I think if they do like what volvo did for polestar , which is not to far fetch which VW at one time offer APR V50 edition for VW and throw in free, many may start to re think on VW. 

PLUS the golf is having a face-lift with many new wonderful toys at the same price as the old model. I highly doubt anyone in their right mine would buy an out going model with dry gearbox when the euro mkt has move the 1.5 to wet clutch.

Of course, this is my thinking. There are many who boh chup and will think other wise because they happy or u happy mentality when buying a car ?..... 

Yes different strokes, different folks. One man's meat is another man's poison. I'm just sharing what I thought was a good deal.

Edited by synthez
  • Praise 2

4th Gear

then about 800 to 1K?

Yup, I fully agree with what you've said. Many of theses freebies are being offered by other ADs and really don't amount to that much when you think that VW sells its cars at a much higher than premium than your reliable Japanese cars. I don't drive a VW myself, but I know a few people who do, my sister included, and not one of them says they'd ever buy a VW again. My sister recently sent her 3+ year old Touran for servicing (timing belt change included) and they were going to charge her over 3k. Outrageous, if you ask me. She eventually took the car somewhere else. No offense to any vw owners( or vw lovers, if there are still many out there) but after dieselgate I think VW has lost all its credibility. I have absolutely no trust in that brand whatsoever.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Generally sending your car to AD workshop will cost more. Do let me know if any AD out there charge similar to outside workshop. They also tends to go by the book any recommending replacement regardless of the condition of the parts.

I do not have data but generally conti workshop charge more for both parts and labour. If your car is under warranty, instead of fighting them, best to continue till the warranty expire. Frankly, the issue of voiding warranty is yet to be challenged here. I heard horror stories of even battery cost in AD workshop. :a-noway:

• Praise 1

Quick one.

Anyone can advice how to bid for Cat.C Coe using POSB ATM.

Do I need company name /reg number?

Or just bid using my POSB bank accont. Only registering then need the co details.

I feel Cat.C will hit $1 on thursday.

Want to get a Suzuki Every, to do part time delivery jobs.

• Praise 1

Generally sending your car to AD workshop will cost more. Do let me know if any AD out there charge similar to outside workshop. They also tends to go by the book any recommending replacement regardless of the condition of the parts.

I do not have data but generally conti workshop charge more for both parts and labour. If your car is under warranty, instead of fighting them, best to continue till the warranty expire. Frankly, the issue of voiding warranty is yet to be challenged here. I heard horror stories of even battery cost in AD workshop. :a-noway:

I agree with you. My experience was Jap AD and Conti AD not much diff unless maybe one is a high-mileage user.

• Praise 1

Anyone knows those Kangroo small conti vans is classify as Light Goods vehicle(LGV) or Goods cum Passenger vehicle(GPV)?

LGV only taxed 5% of OMV

while

GPV is taxed 100% of OMV.

So IF i get a $1 Cat.C COE tomorrow. LTA would be holding onto my S10,000 deposit.

During registering, the $10,000 will be sued to offset 5%OMV and registering fees.

Assuming OMV is $30,000, so 5% is only $1500, and tregistering fees is only $140 .

What will happen to my other $8,360?

Will it be returned as cash or makan by LTA?

Yup, I fully agree with what you've said. Many of theses freebies are being offered by other ADs and really don't amount to that much when you think that VW sells its cars at a much higher than premium than your reliable Japanese cars. I don't drive a VW myself, but I know a few people who do, my sister included, and not one of them says they'd ever buy a VW again. My sister recently sent her 3+ year old Touran for servicing (timing belt change included) and they were going to charge her over 3k. Outrageous, if you ask me. She eventually took the car somewhere else. No offense to any vw owners( or vw lovers, if there are still many out there) but after dieselgate I think VW has lost all its credibility. I have absolutely no trust in that brand whatsoever.

I am lover of VW coffee at lengkee. The best amongst that stretch of road.

I don't drive VW btw.

• Praise 3

(edited)

I am lover of VW coffee at lengkee. The best amongst that stretch of road.

I don't drive VW btw.

I take the peanut butter biscuit from Citroen Sometime my teabreak. Wahahaha.. i gian png Edited by Xanavi
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

you haven't collected the car so do you qualify for the new extended benefits or still under the old ones ? Edited by Enye

Supercharged

COE prices are not determined by commoner like us la, we are all just be rode by the dealers only.

look at the last CAT C, bid received 351 and was $45,900+, 509 and was $26,500+  :dizzy:

you all still don't get it... :a-noway:

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Quick one.

Anyone can advice how to bid for Cat.C Coe using POSB ATM.

Do I need company name /reg number?

Or just bid using my POSB bank accont. Only registering then need the co details.

I feel Cat.C will hit $1 on thursday.

Want to get a Suzuki Every, to do part time delivery jobs.

You can bid for Cat C on your own name. Can later transfer to company when registering.

Main thing is to have $10000 for deduction as deposit.

If fail to get, deposit refunded the next day after bidding ends.

You can find the details in onemotoring website.

But the trouble starts after you successfully get the COE.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows those Kangroo small conti vans is classify as Light Goods vehicle(LGV) or Goods cum Passenger vehicle(GPV)?

LGV only taxed 5% of OMV

while

GPV is taxed 100% of OMV.

So IF i get a $1 Cat.C COE tomorrow. LTA would be holding onto my S10,000 deposit.

During registering, the $10,000 will be sued to offset 5%OMV and registering fees.

Assuming OMV is $30,000, so 5% is only $1500, and tregistering fees is only $140 .

What will happen to my other $8,360?

Will it be returned as cash or makan by LTA?

LGV for Kangoo and the likes.

GPV are those Double cab pick up.

The tax part is done by the seller when they import the vehicle.

So your deposit of $10000 is purely a deposit to be eligible to bid for COE. This is to have a barrier so only serious bidders will apply.

If you get your $1 (or any amount below $10k) COE, you have to use it to register a Cat C vehicle within 3 months. For Cat A and Cat B, the period is 6 months.

The trouble starts now as you have to find a seller who is willing to sell you a vehicle with your own bidded COE. This part is not like "Hi,I want to buy this one right away as I already have my own COE." and the seller said "Great! So easy, let's do it right away." Most will want to sell higher than the price exclude COE on their price list because they know you have a time constraint on that and most want to keep existing stock for their own or potential customers.

So after 3 months, if you successfully register a vehicle, the remaining amount ie $9999 will be refunded to you.

But if you fail to do so and your COE expires, your $10000 deposit will be forfeited.

↡ Advertisement