What's So Special About These Cars

Carbon82

Twincharged

It looks like the door opening lever has broken and the cheapo owner just use the strap to improvise it! To me, it does seem practical!

I guess that is the cheaper models. These kind of expensive brands usually need to pay more to get the nicer options. So those that got no money for options after buying their porsche just get these straps instead of proper door handles. 

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I guess that is the cheaper models. These kind of expensive brands usually need to pay more to get the nicer options. So those that got no money for options after buying their porsche just get these straps instead of proper door handles.

Yalor, you are so right.

This poor soul who own this car even more jialat, no power windows nevermind, only got enough money left over for a string as a door handle.

Do you know what car this is?

post-2139-0-98880600-1507363013.jpg

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Yalor, you are so right.

This poor soul who own this car even more jialat, no power windows nevermind, only got enough money left over for a string as a door handle.

Ferrari right? I rmb sitting in one that got this door handle but cannot remember which one. Lol.

Yalor, you are so right.

Ferrari F40

Many a times, we experienced severe heart pain, when some careless / boh chap driver or passenger open their car door in full swing, and in the process, creating dents and scratches mark on our car. So when I was running through the press release (and introduction videos) of the 2016 Skoda Kodiaq, this feature captured my attention immediately: Automatic Door Edge Protector.

2017-skoda-kodiaq-price-set-from-21495-6

While there are many aftermarket protectors available, but the size and position where such stick-on / clip-on protectors were installed become a decisive factor to it effectiveness, and not to mention, it made the car less classy (with that unsightly plastic or rubber piece sticking out on the smooth surface of the sleek looking car body), imo.

So how does the one on Skoda works? It is a smart pull-out strips designed to protect the door edges against dents and scratches, everytime when the door was opened (and it will retract automatically when the door closed). Upon searching for more information, I then realized that Ford already introduce a similar system in its Focus, since 2012 (but I am not sure if it is a cost option, or simply available across the entire range). OK, video speak a thousand words...

For god sake, please place your attention on the protector mechanism, instead of the butt of that model in white, ok? [sly] [sly] [sly]

its a nice feature to have on cars. however most car manufacturers can't be bothered with it, simply because of additional cost.

And from a marketing point of view, the additional cost and feature can't be effective marketed as a selling point of the car, because most people would not pay a premium for a feature to protect OTHER'S cars!

its a nice feature to have on cars. however most car manufacturers can't be bothered with it, simply because of additional cost.

And from a marketing point of view, the additional cost and feature can't be effective marketed as a selling point of the car, because most people would not pay a premium for a feature to protect OTHER'S cars!

I think Ford cars America has this feature as optional too.

Isnt the signal stick on the left for almost all conti cars and American cars? Even Hyundai has changed from right to left.

Hyundai didn't change - Korea is LHD. They just reverted back to the original without customising for RHD. Same goes for the new Kia range - signal stalks on left.

(edited)

This is a standard feature for all 2010 (or 2011 model year) Boxster Spyder, and Porsche is just so proud about it!

Porsche Boxster Spyder: The Lightest Porsche You Can Buy

At 2,811 lbs — only 11 lbs more than the 10-year-old 986 Porsche Boxster — the new 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder will be the lightest Porsche you can buy...

How The Porsche Boxster Spyder Shed 176 Lbs And How It Can Lose More

46.3 Lbs: Manual soft top and one-piece aluminum hatch

33.1 Lbs: Aluminum door skins

2.2 Lbs: No map pockets, nylon loops in place of door handles

26.5 Lbs: Carbon framed seats

15.4 Lbs: The fuel tank shrinks from 16.9 gallons to 14.3

28.7 Lbs: No A/C

13.2 Lbs: No radio, lighter battery

11.0 Lbs: Lighter wheels.

0 Lbs: No cupholders, no clear plastic cover over the instruments
Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 7

This is a standard feature for all 2010 (or 2011 model year) Boxster Spyder, and Porsche is just so proud about it!

At 2,811 lbs — only 11 lbs more than the 10-year-old 986 Porsche Boxster — the new 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder will be the lightest Porsche you can buy...

I think it will be very hard to justify its sales here, due to the OMV system here vs the value of standard or even additional equipment that is expected for the OMV range.  [laugh]

The VW Golf MKv use to have this. Then the beans counter find too much time involved.

For lighter Batt quite ex...anyone here knows where to get under 600SGD ?

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I think it will be very hard to justify its sales here, due to the OMV system here vs the value of standard or even additional equipment that is expected for the OMV range.  [laugh]

I have seen 1 on the road.

This car is for purist only.

OK now, the next car I am writing about seems a Plain Jane Kei car, the Mitsubishi i. So why is it worth to be mentioned in this thread? Because it one of the very few non sport car with RMR (Rear Mid-Engine Rear-Wheel Drive) configuration...

79925.jpg

will the passenger seats at the 2nd row be hot? since the engine is right below their bottoms haha...

There is one special feature with the New Porsche Cayenne... Let guess it.

porsche_cayenne_s_73.jpeg

OK, one hint, something to do with this button in the boot area.

DhuDpQ8.jpg

As some of you might be aware, Air Suspension (ground clearance can be adjusted using the rocker switch on the center console) is available as a cost option for Cayenne and Macan a couple of years ago. Now with the latest model, Porsche have installed a dedicated switch in the car boot for selecting the appropriate loading level (up to ~70mm lower), to make it easier for loading large / heavy items into the car.

jcresou3vihrdiq4djv1.jpg

That sounds quite useful right, especially for a SUV of such height. But, do you know that some of the hearse also come with this feature? [grin]  [grin]

@radx, can confirm? [idea]

• Praise 7

There is one special feature with the New Porsche Cayenne... Let guess it.

porsche_cayenne_s_73.jpeg

OK, one hint, something to do with this button in the boot area.

DhuDpQ8.jpg

As some of you might be aware, Air Suspension (ground clearance can be adjusted using the rocker switch on the center console) is available as a cost option for Cayenne and Macan a couple of years ago. Now with the latest model, Porsche have installed a dedicated switch in the car boot for selecting the appropriate loading level (up to ~70mm lower), to make it easier for loading large / heavy items into the car.

jcresou3vihrdiq4djv1.jpg

That sounds quite useful right, especially for a SUV of such height. But, do you know that some of the hearse also come with this feature? [grin]  [grin]

@radx, can confirm? [idea]

Quite a few cars come with this now also. New LR Discovery and Volvo XC60 also has this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2