Moody's rating cut, Fed hike rates in June, July meltdown?

Little of China debt is owned by foreigners. Most of US debts are held by foreigners but backed by their aircraft carriers. So who should be rated higher? This world not so black and white. Damn kelong one.

Used to think China debt issue might come back to haunt them but the Chinese are not stupid.

the thing is tiong bizman borrowed cheap USD to invest/inflate their bubble when USD interest rate low leh, bet you din noe about this
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I am not talking about US vs China.

i am talking about corporate debt issuance and the impact of rising rates on the cost of doing business.

Be it US or CHina, Japan, Korea, Africa, Singapore, Australia, all same impact.

Most of the China corporate debt are domestic debt and they do not use the rating from foreign rating agencies. They have their rating agencies. So the domestic debt will not be affected

Edited by Somewhat1975
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Most of the China corporate debt are domestic debt and they do not use the rating from foreign rating agencies. They have their rating agencies. So the domestic debt will not be affected

Hi, could you share if their domestic debt is denominated in USD or CNY?

The unwinding of the USD/RMB carry trade is going to set it off

Screenshot%2B-%2B26_5_2017%2B%252C%2B4_3

(edited)

People been saying this since Late 2016.

CNH is currently stronger than what is was in dec 2016.

7.2 target was never hit.

FX is a crazy thing, there are too many perimeters and its any one's words.

Will we see CNH7 to USD1 soon?

I dont think so but i have already gone in and out and taken my profits on the carry trade in Q1 this year.

No intention to join a party late in the night.

I dont want to be caught when the clock strikes twelve and my carraige turns into a pumpkin......

Edited by Throttle2

People been saying this since Late 2016.

CNH is currently stronger than what is was in dec 2016.

7.2 target was never hit.

FX is a crazy thing, there are too many perimeters and its any one's words.

Will we see CNH7 to USD1 soon?

I dont think so but i have already gone in and out and taken my profits on the carry trade in Q1 this year.

No intention to join a party late in the night.

I dont want to be caught when the clock strikes twelve and my carraige turns into a pumpkin......

China is communist, its Central bank is more protective than any other in the world.

Many big chinese corp already issued debt at favorable rates already, if rates rise, they will be fine, at least until the next renewal. Adjustments can be made then...

Very kelong one lah.

• Praise 1

China is communist, its Central bank is more protective than any other in the world.

Many big chinese corp already issued debt at favorable rates already, if rates rise, they will be fine, at least until the next renewal. Adjustments can be made then...

Very kelong one lah.

NYT piece

Screenshot%2B-%2B27_5_2017%2B%252C%2B7_2https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/business/moodys-downgrades-china-economy-debt.html?_r=0

Hypersonic

Their congress is held this year. U really think there will be a major crash in rmb or their stock exchange or sudden implosion in debt defaults this year?

Lol... Xjp and Co top priority for the past 2 years has been maintaining stability for this Congress... not OROB.

Chances of this happening is extremely low. If u think so, then u are just following the western thinking of how the Chinese manage their country.

Political aims always come first in a communist country.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

when T2 go shopping, you all better standby

when Goldbug create a new thread, you all better diam diam and listen .... [sweatdrop][shocked]

Be afraid, be very very afraid.
  • Praise 1

Their congress is held this year. U really think there will be a major crash in rmb or their stock exchange or sudden implosion in debt defaults this year?

Lol... Xjp and Co top priority for the past 2 years has been maintaining stability for this Congress... not OROB.

Chances of this happening is extremely low. If u think so, then u are just following the western thinking of how the Chinese manage their country.

Political aims always come first in a communist country.

this is the best time to make tiongkok/Xi look bad.

Hypersonic

no omom no talk ...

btw we still waiting for usd crash and cny to replace it as reserve currency

what happened to that prediction?

Hypersonic
(edited)

no omom no talk ...

btw we still waiting for usd crash and cny to replace it as reserve currency

what happened to that prediction?

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

no omom no talk ...