KTMB Train From Woodlands CIQ To JB Sentral

TVT

I tried booking 2 round trip train tickets from Woodlands - JB Sentral - Woodlands@ ktmb.com and they cost RM 63 = about SGD21.00  So I did not proceed to make the payment, instead I log on to EasyBook.com.  I was charged S$11.96 for 2 ticket for the journey from Woodlands Train Checkpoint to JB Sentral and S$ 3.74 (RM 11.38) for 2 return tickets from JB Sentral to Woodland.

However, easybook.com does not allowed me to book round trip tickets, so after booking my Woodlands to JB tickets, I have to make another booking for the return tickets from JB to Woodlands.

Any one here having the same experience?

Yup.  I also find the fare different from booking from KTM and Easybook.  I usually book from Easybook as it is faster and cheaper.

Last time can book return trip train trip (Woodlands/JB Sentral) from Easybook de but now they only allow us to book one way in each booking.  Thus same as you, I have to book separately for each way.

One quickie here.

if go jb by feet to woodlands custom and after cleared Singapore immigration, can i take the bus 170 to go JB Sentral?

You mean you walk to JB custom after clearing Singapore immigration or walk to Woodlands customs and clear Singapore immigration then take bus to JB customs?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yup.  I also find the fare different from booking from KTM and Easybook.  I usually book from Easybook as it is faster and cheaper.

Last time can book return trip train trip (Woodlands/JB Sentral) from Easybook de but now they only allow us to book one way in each booking.  Thus same as you, I have to book separately for each way.

You mean you walk to JB custom after clearing Singapore immigration or walk to Woodlands customs and clear Singapore immigration then take bus to JB customs?

its the latter.

walk to woodlands custom and after clearing Singpaore immigration, proceed down to take 160 or 170 bus to JB custom.

one question again, on the bu service.

tap the Ezlink card when boarding and tap again when alighting at MY custom and the device read read " Ride suspended".

SO how much did i pay for the ride across the causeway? I took a taxi at the JB railway station and did not board the bus again. Did i just got a free ride across?

tap the Ezlink card when boarding and tap again when alighting at MY custom and the device read read " Ride suspended".

SO how much did i pay for the ride across the causeway? I took a taxi at the JB railway station and did not board the bus again. Did i just got a free ride across?

it will be recorded as missing exit, charge $1.29.

post-1109-0-22675500-1560998945_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

its the latter.

walk to woodlands custom and after clearing Singpaore immigration, proceed down to take 160 or 170 bus to JB custom.

came across this. not an official website maintained by the bus companies though, so there are disclaimers on the info provided.

https://businterchange.net/johorbus/tips/221-going-to-johor-bahru-via-woodlands.html

• Praise 1

its the latter.

Oic.  Beside 160 or 170, you can also take 950 to JB custom.  I think they will charge based on the distance you travelled.  Most people will not take the bus after JB custom clearance and walk to City Square Or JB bus sentral instead.

If can, take train better, I have been stuck in human jam in JB custom too many times (1.5hr to 2.15hrs even during off-peak on weekdays).  I scare liao.

it will be recorded as missing exit, charge $1.29.

attachicon.gifrps20190620_104733.jpg

wow!  $1.29 is a lot for the short distance.  But still cheaper than taking the train.  

• Praise 3

Oic.  Beside 160 or 170, you can also take 950 to JB custom.  I think they will charge based on the distance you travelled.  Most people will not take the bus after JB custom clearance and walk to City Square Or JB bus sentral instead.

If can, take train better, I have been stuck in human jam in JB custom too many times (1.5hr to 2.15hrs even during off-peak on weekdays).  I scare liao.

wow!  $1.29 is a lot for the short distance.  But still cheaper than taking the train.  

oh the train is separate immigration. Did not know that as never take train before.

Very risky to walk in to buy train tix as highlt likely its sold out.

oh the train is separate immigration. Did not know that as never take train before.

Very risky to walk in to buy train tix as highlt likely its sold out.

yes train separate immigration so no 2 hrs queue and no 5 hrs jam.

weekday morning walk in still have but weekend will be sold out 2 weeks in advance.

only walk across is free   [laugh]  [laugh]

what nonsense. The rail line belongs to Malaysia right? But can we close the immigration counter so they cannot enter SG?

https://mothership.sg/2019/10/shuttle-tebrau-ktm-train-to-jb/

They are in the process of improving their payment gateway.

If you’re a concerned traveller, KTM Berhad has clarified that this payment system is only temporary as they are in the midst of a system migration.

In reply to a comment on Facebook, KTM Berhad implied that they will add other payment modes in time to come.

This is a new platform for purchase of ticket between JB sentral and Woodland CIQ

https://ticket.ktmb.com.my/

By right, ipay88 can take whatever mode of payment.  No sure why KTM is so backward

Edited by Davidtch
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2