Big cc Jap cars off the shelfs, Cat B COE heading south?

Vinepro

(edited)

I notice all the mid size Japanese sedan are off the shelfs due to non euro 6 comply, conservative buyers have nowhere to get their rides.

Camry, Accord, Legacy, Teana won't be bringing in stocks till next year. Sonata and Mazda 6 left a few set. Of course Borneo's Harrier 2.0T is coming.

Even if quota high and supply low, it may just push down COE.

Edited by Vinepro
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I notice all the mid size Japanese sedan are off the shelfs due to non euro 6 comply, conservative buyers have nowhere to get their rides.

Camry, Accord, Legacy, Teana won't be bringing in stocks till next year. Sonata and Mazda 6 left a few set. Of course Borneo's Harrier 2.0T is coming.

All these are non popular models and I think will no much affected .
  • Praise 1

won't tank lah... remember still got <1.6L cars under cat B due to >130 meow power? And Suzuki Slow Sport is one of them belonging to the "premium" class.

• Praise 1

Big cc cars not the only one affecting Cat B COE, smaller cc with high hose power falls into Cat B COE too  [sly] . 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Nobody buys those cars.... I haven't seen a new accord, legacy or teana for past year. Camry sometimes only.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

out of those you mention only camry is particularly moving... more cars like E-class C180, maybe even cars like 1.4T Astra, these still Cat B, will keep price up

• Praise 2

(edited)

Why are ppl panicking and spreading unfounded rumours over Euro 6 emissions standard? I'm starting to find it ridiculous. I read about what "Euro 6 petrol" and now this crap. I wonder what ppl will come out with next to scare themselves. Ownself panic ownself.

10 years ago Camry owners bought the car at what price? Barely 100K I think 80+K. Now? 140K. Who will buy?

Last year before the Euro 6 news was announce do you see a lot of buyers of such cars? What you see are a lot of $100K worth of Vezels.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Honda odyssey also off the shelves

For cat A

Honda city, Mitsubishi Lancer EX (soon), nissan Qashqai (soon), toyota altis (soon), toyota vios, toyota Prius C. These are all out of stock too

Twincharged

yeah.. volvos , audi, VW, Opel and maybe Seat will do a better sales then some of the laggard.

But if we take a leaf from previous COE bidding, UNTIL the last 10 mins, it was still at the 10000 range. Then the agent pump in to boost it all the way up.

So unless there is super low sales, there will be no drop. 

Human nature when it drop, will rush in to buy. 

When it collapse, Agent will have to work super hard to try to sell cars because every other agent will also drive a bargain.

So will it drop? maybe moderated will be a better word. Drop in most sense are looking at 7 to 10 K then consider drop lah..

Honda odyssey also off the shelves

For cat A

Honda city, Mitsubishi Lancer EX (soon), nissan Qashqai (soon), toyota altis (soon), toyota vios, toyota Prius C. These are all out of stock too

Got money also no car can buy ?

Got money also no car can buy ?

Yes for Altis, Lancer EX (soon), VIOS, got money also cannot buy

for Odyssey and City can buy, but delivery only in Oct or Nov

in line with TS observation, CAT B demand this round was really weak

yup... zoom zoom cold calling abt past interest on mz6

yup... zoom zoom cold calling abt past interest on mz6

wow, times are bad! 

their MZ6 is non EURO 6 is it? need to clear stock ah?

• Praise 1

wow, times are bad! 

their MZ6 is non EURO 6 is it? need to clear stock ah?

lol.. i know squat abt that stuff..   nice car tbh.. but when they panic.. i step back and watch show first.. lol 

• Praise 2