Big cc Jap cars off the shelfs, Cat B COE heading south?

Vinepro

Turbocharged

When COE drops by a few k, the premium marks will leh long their cars at lower price, what you would see next is their showrooms will be crowded like jurong fishery market. dont ever expect COE to crash. COE may fall a few k but the word crash is not in the LTA and MOF vocabulary.

Don't forget also.. If u hold an existing car, it's trade in value also drops.

My observation in the past few cycles.

So net net it doesn't make any much difference even if the price of new car goes down.

This fall is good for those without car, or with car but is going for scrap soon

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Don't forget also.. If u hold an existing car, it's trade in value also drops.

My observation in the past few cycles.

So net net it doesn't make any much difference even if the price of new car goes down.

This fall is good for those without car, or with car but is going for scrap soon

The problem in a downward COE market is that, your car price is pegged to the COE price at the time of booking.

While waiting for your car, COE continues to drop. The value of your existing car also continues to drop. When you finally get your car 2-3 months later, both the value of your new car and your current car that you want to sell off has gone down.

The problem in a downward COE market is that, your car price is pegged to the COE price at the time of booking.

er not always. 

Turbocharged

While waiting for your car, COE continues to drop. The value of your existing car also continues to drop. When you finally get your car 2-3 months later, both the value of your new car and your current car that you want to sell off has gone down.

My observation it's not like that wor.. few times the coe went down a few k within a few bidding cycles and my car trade-in value also dropped a few k.

A car can't simply depreciate a few k in just 1 month.. It's not a lambo for that matter, just a bread and butter car.

If it's going at that rate my car would have gone to zero within a few years already

Buying at today's prices but getting yesterday's technology. Not a wise move.

Why are ppl panicking and spreading unfounded rumours over Euro 6 emissions standard? I'm starting to find it ridiculous. I read about what "Euro 6 petrol" and now this crap. I wonder what ppl will come out with next to scare themselves. Ownself panic ownself.

10 years ago Camry owners bought the car at what price? Barely 100K I think 80+K. Now? 140K. Who will buy?

Last year before the Euro 6 news was announce do you see a lot of buyers of such cars? What you see are a lot of $100K worth of Vezels.

euro 6 or not....don't think coe will shoot up anytime soon... its alway pegged to sg economy... and don't think anyone will say it's great at the moment....

Turbocharged
(edited)

euro 6 or not....don't think coe will shoot up anytime soon... its alway pegged to sg economy... and don't think anyone will say it's great at the moment....

Since as long ago as I can remember, people have been saying the economy no good. But it is forever "going to" that's all, and coe price is staying as high. Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 3

Since as long ago as I can remember, people have been saying the economy no good. But it is forever "going to" that's all, and coe price is staying as high.

hope u r right.... my car is pretty new... painful to see coe drop too much haha

hope u r right.... my car is pretty new... painful to see coe drop too much haha

After u buy your car, just tune out the coe fluctuations. Instead, enjoy it!

Unless u are the type that constantly change cars....

Will wait, monitor closely and decide. My car COE going to expire in Feb 2019, worst scenario, if car prices is still at rocket high, then will take public transport, hopefully by then almost all MRT issues would have been solved.

• Praise 1

yes. the longest ownership is 3yrs

Will wait, monitor closely and decide. My car COE going to expire in Feb 2019, worst scenario, if car prices is still at rocket high, then will take public transport, hopefully by then almost all MRT issues would have been solved.

My car COE expiring end this month. Sweat!

Turbocharged

Nah, usually new car owners will hope COE remain high. Do you think those who bought their new car will bother to cheer for others getting their COE at lower price or even organise meet ups? Where to find such boliao guy around here in this forum?? If yes please post his big name here [:p][laugh] [laugh]

Some guys mentioned harrier from bm. 100plus bookings mah... cat b huat leh

yes saw it too, 

but no price list, or options list, or colour list, already got 100 confirmed bookings, what if BM charge 250k?? 

find it very hard to believe

Maybe those model r not popular, most ppl prefer suv. Who wana spend $130k ++ to get a made in thailand old fashion Camry?

↡ Advertisement