Anyone knows where I can get a 35A fuse?

Fainsyah

Aircon blower stopped functioning for a while and then on again.

Thankfully the car has a front and rear blower. When I checked the fuse box, the 35A front blower fuse is quite badly burnt.

Normal below 25A fuse can find easily. 

This 35A fuse is rather unique.

Where can we find a 35A fuse?

Thank you.

post-120553-0-79612100-1497521578.jpg

post-120553-0-42992000-1497521586.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Try dropping by any car workshop?

One fuse, how much can they overcharge you since you are changing it yourself.

*Edit* actually, don't most cars have spare fuses?

Edited by Kusje

(edited)

I checked... there are spare for 5A 15A 20A but not for this 35A. Will look around at car workshops then. Checked with the workshop I go to, they don't have it :(

Just realised.. it is not a fuse but a relay :)

Edited by Fainsyah

Thankfully the car has a front and rear blower. When I checked the fuse box, the 35A front blower fuse is quite badly burnt.

Thank you.

Looks like a power relay and not a fuse...

I think you can try ebay with the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-For-KIA-952302P030-Power-Relay-DECO-12V-35A-95230-2P030-/182277903902

or Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/96821099-12V-35A-PA66-DECO-V6-1C/32576080816.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.12.RIY4mm

Otherwise, you may try Block 22 Sin Ming Road.. There are about 2-3 shops that sell car parts at very reasonable price.... Below is the map of the location

PS: You can also eat popular duck rice, bak kut teh and char siew rice there.... hehe

post-185926-0-07703300-1497527465_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Looks like a power relay and not a fuse...

I think you can try ebay with the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-For-KIA-952302P030-Power-Relay-DECO-12V-35A-95230-2P030-/182277903902

or Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/96821099-12V-35A-PA66-DECO-V6-1C/32576080816.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.12.RIY4mm

Otherwise, you may try Block 22 Sin Ming Road.. There are about 2-3 shops that sell car parts at very reasonable price.... Below is the map of the location

PS: You can also eat popular duck rice, bak kut teh and char siew rice there.... hehe

Hi Fainsyah,

It just occurred to me (when I saw your name again) that you may not be able to eat pork... If that is truly the case, my thousand apologies...didn't mean to offence anyone...  [blush]

No issues it is the intention that matters. Thanks for the tip. Will head down over tomorrow :)

Thanks...

Just remember to bring along the faulty part with you to show shop owner so that he/she knows exactly what you are looking for...

All the best... Hope you can find the part... 

Supersonic

What you have is a ISO automotive relay

https://www.omron.com/ecb/products/search/?cat=1&did=6&prd=auto-iso&lang=en

It is important to know the wiring layout of the relay, which 2 contacts are for the coil, which 2 are for the load. Is it normally closed or normally open ?

Buying and fitting a wrong relay can be a bit dangerous. It may blow fuses.

The best and easiest is to buy from a spare parts shop that carries parts for your car.

35A is the max load carrying capacity. You can use a 40A or higher load relay, if the dimension fits.

why dont you try sim lim square. better chance there

I believe you are referring to shops in Sim Lim Tower that sell electrical switches and transformers? Those are usually for 240v single phase or theee phase supply, not for automobiles.

(edited)

Thank you.

before you purchase the new relay make sure the relay and fusebox connection to the burnt relay is not affected. My radiator fan relay got burnt and i had to change the whole unit as even swapping to the other similar relay didnt work. I believe there are other similar relay in the relay fuse box. It costs me rm700 to change it and the shop managed to source it for me.

Ps......if your relay works after swapping.....i have an extra piece which i salvaged from my previous box. You can have it if you want.post-60339-0-19443400-1497572298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

Thanks all for the advice. At least I know where to get now. @Eviilusion luckily mine not that bad. But. I had quite a shock when I saw the other fuses had somewhat burnt marks on their plastic surface. Only the front fan blower one had burnt metal points at the delay. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all for the advice. At least I know where to get now. @Eviilusion luckily mine not that bad. But. I had quite a shock when I saw the other fuses had somewhat burnt marks on their plastic surface. Only the front fan blower one had burnt metal points at the delay. Thanks for sharing.

mine was the radiator fan relay that got burnt at the contacts.....melt the plastics surrounding the contact and i had to replace the whole box. Take care and Eid mubarak.

but don't just replace the relay and then call it good.... if the relay burnt, you have to investigate what in the first place caused the relay to burn.  Worse was the advise given in an earlier post suggesting you to replace the relay with a higher current rating.  Dangerous!  

You mentioned the relay is for aircon.... so for example it might be a blower motor jammed or shorted which draw too much current causing the relay to burn.  Please check everything that is connected to the relay before simply replacing it.

Hi all.

After studying the fuse box and the manual, there may be an extra relay stored in the fuse box. On the manual, it stated 2 relays for front blower, 1 35A and the other 20A.

The current 35A for the front blower is not malfunctioning yet, but just the burnt marks but the front blower did stop working for a while the few days ago when the weather was super hot. But then it works again. So in case it goes kaput, might as well take preventive action.

However, the spare relay is a 20A instead of the burnt 35A. Will send it down to the mechanic to get their advice.

What I did:

I tried removing the 35A relay, it is indeed the front blower as when it is removed, the front blower did not work. Then I placed the 35A relay back again, the front blower works.

Next, when I removed the 20A relay, nothing happens. Front blower still works.

Then I tried putting in the 20A relay to the 35A slot from the front blower, the front blower works as well. But will still check in with my mechanic just in case the power ratings are off. (Interesting why the spare is a 20A relay instead of 35A, cut cost maybe?)

Alternatively, I noticed that the power windows and the rear blower also works with separate 35A relays with the same part number. So might swap them as well as I use the front blower more often then the rest.

But can't help noticing that the 35A relays have brownish burnt marks on the plastic casing.

Thanks all for the advice. Just sharing what I faced.

Supersonic

Do you have the wiring diagram of your car ?

If not, how can you be sure the 20A relay is not running other devices ?

I've seen cars with spare fuse, but spare relays ?

Usually, if it's bcuz of car options, the relay is not plugged in, but rather "missing"

Burnt mark usually means overcurrent and overheating.

Just replace with the correct relay and be done with.

Do you have the wiring diagram of your car ?

If not, how can you be sure the 20A relay is not running other devices ?

I've seen cars with spare fuse, but spare relays ?

Usually, if it's bcuz of car options, the relay is not plugged in, but rather "missing"

Burnt mark usually means overcurrent and overheating.

Just replace with the correct relay and be done with.

Yeaps. Saw the manual that has the fuse and relay diagram. It did mention 2 relays for the front blower. No worries, will replace it with the exact part relay.
Thanks. :)
↡ Advertisement