Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

(edited)

To bros planning to buy the boot/cargo cover, I would like to check how you are going to mount the cover into place. Typically, the cover would clip onto the pins behind the back seats (that I circled with red in the picture attached below). I noticed our kona 1.0 doesn't have those. So, I wonder how we could mount the boot cover.

Thanks.

Our guys have checked out the cover that online sells doesnt fit our kona. So that particular group buy is on hold. My SE said komoko checked n found out sg kona moulding is different from the states one so therefore no cover.

Currently i just use canvas sheet to cover my belongings.

Pm ur number to join the whatsapp chat group for kona.

Edited by Ganganputput
↡ Advertisement

Our guys have checked out the cover that online sells doesnt fit our kona. So that particular group buy is on hold. My SE said komoko checked n found out sg kona moulding is different from the states one so therefore no cover.

Currently i just use canvas sheet to cover my belongings.

Pm ur number to join the whatsapp chat group for kona.

Thanks for your reply, bro. Cheers!

Neutral Newbie

Hi all fellow owners or owners-to-be, I placed order for Kona 1.0 and paid deposit on 9 April after the Expo show. I was told by SE on 18 April that a coe was secured and I can expect my car in mid May. I was very happy then and went ahead to sell my car thru a second hand dealer. Today 14 May and I was told by the SE the shipment is still on the way, the car is not even allocated yet, he cannot tell me an exact shipment ETA which to me is ridiculous as this is the most basis info for a shipment. I was very disappointed and seem like I will have to go without car for a few weeks.

My question is - is there any fellow owners here who placed the order around the same period as me? Any indicative from your SE about the arrival of your car? Have you all made full payment by now?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all fellow owners or owners-to-be, I placed order for Kona 1.0 and paid deposit on 9 April after the Expo show. I was told by SE on 18 April that a coe was secured and I can expect my car in mid May. I was very happy then and went ahead to sell my car thru a second hand dealer. Today 14 May and I was told by the SE the shipment is still on the way, the car is not even allocated yet, he cannot tell me an exact shipment ETA which to me is ridiculous as this is the most basis info for a shipment. I was very disappointed and seem like I will have to go without car for a few weeks.

My question is - is there any fellow owners here who placed the order around the same period as me? Any indicative from your SE about the arrival of your car? Have you all made full payment by now?

Same here. I booked in Mar 18 and COE in Apr bid. Still no news
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

You didnt sell your car through komoco when you booked the new car with them? Cause usually you can hold on to your old car until the new car arrived, to avoid without any car in between lo.

Anyway, saw one red plate SLX yellow kona in a MSCP the other day.

looks like the shipments abit delayed, the shipment arrival dates are estimates so sometimes they can delay due to weather conditions and such... just have to wait abit longer i guess.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

What’s the estimated delivery date written on the sales agreement?

Neutral Newbie

I did not trade in because their offer was lousy. Is there estimated delivery date mentioned in the agreement? That is dependant on when they get the coe so don't think agreement mentioned it.

By the way, can the admin add me to the WhatsApp group chat? My number is 98713277. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I did not trade in because their offer was lousy. Is there estimated delivery date mentioned in the agreement? That is dependant on when they get the coe so don't think agreement mentioned it.

By the way, can the admin add me to the WhatsApp group chat? My number is 98713277. Thanks.

Yes there is an estimated delivery date on the agreement, take a look at it again.

Trade in the offer sure not as good as selling outside but it’s a 1 to 1 exchange of car. I guess in a way it’s paying for the convenience.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Yes there is an estimated delivery date on the agreement, take a look at it again.

Trade in the offer sure not as good as selling outside but it’s a 1 to 1 exchange of car. I guess in a way it’s paying for the convenience.

Agree with this point. Price confirm not good but 1 to 1 exchange, see you want more money or more convenient. I also trade to KMC when I collect my Elantra cos I feel it's quite troublesome to find buyers.

• Praise 3

I book 8 april. Paid half money. 1 week later pay another half money. 2.5 weeks later i collect my car. When i book i askwhich unit still have stock. Rhrn from there i choose my colour.
  • Praise 2

From my experience, I find the SEs got no idea when the cars would arrive.  For my case, I actually wanted to collect my new car in May or June. I got my COE back in Mar.  When there was news that a batch of cars have arrived in Mar, I went down to showroom to ask my SE if mine had arrived. I told her I was not in a hurry & she could allocate cars to other urgent buyers. The answer I got was "No, not arrived yet". 4 days later, I got a message that my car was ready to be registered.

So, only believe the SEs if there are ready stock available, else anything you hear is as good as gambling big/small.

BTW, what color u chose?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

From my experience, I find the SEs got no idea when the cars would arrive. For my case, I actually wanted to collect my new car in May or June. I got my COE back in Mar. When there was news that a batch of cars have arrived in Mar, I went down to showroom to ask my SE if mine had arrived. I told her I was not in a hurry & she could allocate cars to other urgent buyers. The answer I got was "No, not arrived yet". 4 days later, I got a message that my car was ready to be registered.

So, only believe the SEs if there are ready stock available, else anything you hear is as good as gambling big/small.

BTW, what color u chose?

Wow that's good if it happened to me. Seem like everyone is talking about end May to June so that might be the shipment for mine too. Unfortunately my SE gave the wrong info from the beginning.

My color is tangerine comet :)

• Praise 1

You didnt sell your car through komoco when you booked the new car with them? Cause usually you can hold on to your old car until the new car arrived, to avoid without any car in between lo.

Anyway, saw one red plate SLX yellow kona in a MSCP the other day.

Didnt know got yellow colour. Did u mean the lime green colour?

Supersonic

Didnt know got yellow colour. Did u mean the lime green colour?

The colour looks yellow to me le?!