Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

Plan to move elsewhere Bro

Wah where you going? PM me.

Thanks! Have been monitoring prices and it seems to fluactuate between mid 80s to 90. Not much changes. Also there is zero used unit in sgcm, meaning all owners are happy with their Kona. That should be a good sign.

There is one selling on carousell. A white colour. But the person selling as his parents don't need an extra car.

• Praise 1

I drove up north recently, cruised at an average speed of 90 - 95km/hr for 400+km. Managed to clock 22km+/litre.

On another trip, this time with a full-size spare tyre in the boot, I cruised at 95 - 100km/hr (occassionally 110km/hr) & got about 21km/litre.  Mixed with normal roads @ JB, the average came down to about 19km/litre.

I have a very gentle foot & the above numbers are calculated by Kona's onboard computer.  I manually calculated once on the 1st trip after a full pump & I get pretty close numbers.

• Praise 3

Thanks! Have been monitoring prices and it seems to fluactuate between mid 80s to 90. Not much changes. Also there is zero used unit in sgcm, meaning all owners are happy with their Kona. That should be a good sign.

as we all know, it is ultimately rare these days to find manual car that is brought in by authorised distributors, so it came as a real surprise with hyundai kona. it took me only 3-4 days to make a decision to order one from komoco after realizing it was on the market. better still, it is an affordable compact suv, sporty hot & extremely unique on the road. my delivery was in the first batch, or in fact i was the 2nd kona owner to pick up from komoco. so far, i have only seen 4 kona but i love being the odd one on the road, one who has total control of the vehicle while the rest is being restrictedby theirs. as for the possibly of issue with kona, it is still early days. lol anyway, hope all things go well with all kona owners.

• Praise 3

How does it feel like to drive it in Singapore? Do you use all 6 gears if you are traveling on a normal road?

Feels good... cos the car cruises at lower engine speed, the highway ride is pretty quiet... for my car, 80 km/h and the gearbox will be in 6th gear already... and really saves loads of fuel if you have cruise control...

You do need to step down to 5th gear to do overtaking though... just step harder on the pedal and the gearbox will drop one gear and you'll feel the power surge lor...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Feels good... cos the car cruises at lower engine speed, the highway ride is pretty quiet... for my car, 80 km/h and the gearbox will be in 6th gear already... and really saves loads of fuel if you have cruise control...

You do need to step down to 5th gear to do overtaking though... just step harder on the pedal and the gearbox will drop one gear and you'll feel the power surge lor...

Why need to drop gear to overtake, cannot just accelerate?

• Praise 1

It's a 1 liter car. Even if turboed. The range of power in each gear is limited to a certain band. If it was a 1.4 or 1.6T the band confirm wider. That's why they equip the car with 6 gears.

Normal 1.6 or 1. 4 car u in 5th gear can accelerate from 60 to 70kmh to 110 120kmh.. Don't need change gear most times. Unless u want really fast pickup u drop.

Here this is 1.0 liter. U press hard in 6 gear will accelerate but not as fast as a usual 1.6 car. So drop gear it's faster. Also the rpm range for the 6th gear for kona 1.0 is 1800rpm at Abt 80kmh to 2200 rpm at 110 kmh approx. Turbo power range is from 2000 to 4000rpm. So if u want to use turbo to overtake in 6 gear u have to

Press hard and wait for turbo to spool faster or u drop gear to 5th then the rpm at 90kmh will be 2300 rpm where turbo got kick already then u can overtake really fast.

Hope I'm not too loso.

• Praise 1

It's a 1 liter car. Even if turboed. The range of power in each gear is limited to a certain band. If it was a 1.4 or 1.6T the band confirm wider. That's why they equip the car with 6 gears.

Normal 1.6 or 1. 4 car u in 5th gear can accelerate from 60 to 70kmh to 110 120kmh.. Don't need change gear most times. Unless u want really fast pickup u drop.

Here this is 1.0 liter. U press hard in 6 gear will accelerate but not as fast as a usual 1.6 car. So drop gear it's faster. Also the rpm range for the 6th gear for kona 1.0 is 1800rpm at Abt 80kmh to 2200 rpm at 110 kmh approx. Turbo power range is from 2000 to 4000rpm. So if u want to use turbo to overtake in 6 gear u have to

Press hard and wait for turbo to spool faster or u drop gear to 5th then the rpm at 90kmh will be 2300 rpm where turbo got kick already then u can overtake really fast.

Hope I'm not too loso.

Oh, ic... btw can change kona turbo settings one anot like increase the bar

There isn't a oem hyundai function to adjust boost pressure but u can either add an aftermarket chip that can trick the boost pressure to increase (undetectable if u remove before service so shld not void ur warranty /however its more generic and doesn't properly tune ur air fuel ratios) or u can go for an ecu tune which will properly do a custom tune of all the necessary parameters like engine timing and air fuel ratiosmunlock redline etc . (at reputed car tuner workshop but can void your warranty as they reprogrammed your car original ecu and can probably be found by komoco) we have been looking for a tuner that can unlock the 1.0t kona ecu but until now cannot find a tuner who can.

In this case unlock would presumably mean hack the ecu?

Yeah in some way yes. Just got news that it's possible to bench tune hyundai kona ecu.(open ecu and reprogrammed directly on motherboard). As with any mod there is always some degree of risk.

So I was interested in the Kona EV and it seems the long range will be priced almost in the range of a Golf GTI :o (Singapore context btw)

wow, at 159K, quite alot of cars to get.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1