Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

Too expensive imo. Why don't get 1L auto model in?? With this price, can compare with which cars with similar specs?

So far no Hyundai/Kia models equipped with the 1.0T engine (i30, Kona, Stonic, Rio, Picanto) has an automatic version, it is manual only for now. If there is, KMC will have surely brought it in instead of the 1.6T.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

So far no Hyundai/Kia models equipped with the 1.0T engine (i30, Kona, Stonic, Rio, Picanto) has an automatic version, it is manual only for now. If there is, KMC will have surely brought it in instead of the 1.6T.

That's a really interesting observation... seems like it's made for Europe...

Kona 1.0 M is 88k vs 1.6 DCT @ 130k ...

ouch 42k difference.

yeah, one has -$10k ves rebate while the other has +$10k ves surcharge... hence the super wide gap in pricing.

hopefully they get the auto version of 1.0T soon though, then that will sell well.

yeah, one has -$10k ves rebate while the other has +$10k ves surcharge... hence the super wide gap in pricing.

hopefully they get the auto version of 1.0T soon though, then that will sell well.

Even taking into consideration the VES gap of $20,000, the price difference is still $22,000. That's crazy right?

Twincharged

Even taking into consideration the VES gap of $20,000, the price difference is still $22,000. That's crazy right?

but compares with the ch-r. ch-r is 120k, 130k. but 1.6dct much more power. and Cat B. which makes ch-r a little over priced.

CH-r is VES B while 1.6dct is C1 that is 10k, plus Cat A and B difference.

Edited by Mkl22

but compares with the ch-r. ch-r is 120k, 130k. but 1.6dct much more power. and Cat B. which makes ch-r a little over priced.

CH-r is VES B while 1.6dct is C1 that is 10k, plus Cat A and B difference.

Not much difference between Category A & B now for COEs... maybe $5000 only at this point.

true, though the 1.6T version does come with much higher equipment spec and alot more features, plus 4WD system too. things that similar models from other brands don't have.. so i guess its positioned and priced more like a flagship model, rather then a volume seller.

Cos no one will pay $140-150,000 for an Elantra Sport lar... simple as that...

But what makes you think the Elan Sport will be at that kind of price? Cos I am sure it would be much lower. Based on price of Veloster NA vs current Elan, the Elan Sport should be at most same or slightly higher than VT and VT was in the $120k+ range. 

Also with 2L TC Stinger at around mid $160k, no way Elan sport to be so close to Stinger price.

But what makes you think the Elan Sport will be at that kind of price? Cos I am sure it would be much lower. Based on price of Veloster NA vs current Elan, the Elan Sport should be at most same or slightly higher than VT and VT was in the $120k+ range.

Also with 2L TC Stinger at around mid $160k, no way Elan sport to be so close to Stinger price.

Stinger price is closer to $180K right? So $140K is about there for higher sport models... note that the Kona 1.6 turbo is already almost $140K... so I doubt the Elantra Sport will be priced lower... I would expect the new Veloster turbo will cost the same price as the Elantra Sport with similar feature set... it's a straight choice between body types, rather than tune spec or engine options... that's my take for Singapore... cos given how tiny our market is, I feel that the market can't support so many variants of what are essentially niche cars.

Stinger price is closer to $180K right? So $140K is about there for higher sport models... note that the Kona 1.6 turbo is already almost $140K... so I doubt the Elantra Sport will be priced lower... I would expect the new Veloster turbo will cost the same price as the Elantra Sport with similar feature set... it's a straight choice between body types, rather than tune spec or engine options... that's my take for Singapore... cos given how tiny our market is, I feel that the market can't support so many variants of what are essentially niche cars.

Hmmm, Civic turbo is $130k, Tucson turbo S model is also $130k. I just can't see an elan sport selling at anything more than this. Not sure why you think Elan Sp won't be priced lower than Kona, i thought sedans are usually cheaper than their SUV equivalents.

For Kona all i can say is it won't sell at 140k la. I would just buy the the Tucson TC instead . I have already seen the Kona in Korea and was not impressed. Unless the Kona they bring in here is substantially different from those in Korea.

Twincharged

today's buisness times. 166k

• Praise 1

yeah, pricing will tend to depend greatly on how the dealership spec the car... if they bring in versions with bare specs, it could be much cheaper.

a 1.6T 200+ bhp Elantra sport with bare equipment level priced at $110k-$120k could be a very attractive proposition in our local market.. but chances are kmc will spec them up like a flagship model and end up adding another $20k-$30k of extra features just to make it look and feel premium (whether or not users actually use those features), then the price becomes bumped up alot higher.

• Praise 1

yeah, pricing will tend to depend greatly on how the dealership spec the car... if they bring in versions with bare specs, it could be much cheaper.

a 1.6T 200+ bhp Elantra sport with bare equipment level priced at $110k-$120k could be a very attractive proposition in our local market.. but chances are kmc will spec them up like a flagship model and end up adding another $20k-$30k of extra features just to make it look and feel premium (whether or not users actually use those features), then the price becomes bumped up alot higher.

Err don't think can get 200+hp from a 1.6L TC engine. Even Stinger's 247hp from 2L TC. Only the US Veloster TC was 201hp on paper. But the one that we got was the European version which was 184hp.

Err don't think can get 200+hp from a 1.6L TC engine. Even Stinger's 247hp from 2L TC. Only the US Veloster TC was 201hp on paper. But the one that we got was the European version which was 184hp.

actually the 1.6T engine on the Elantra Sport does indeed output 200+ bhp and it's paired with a 7-speed dual clutch transmission too.. our fellow drivers across the causeway are already driving that model.. the reviews seem quite good, pitting it directly against the Civic Si.

check out the engine specs from the m'sia hyundai site:

https://www.hyundai.com.my/Showroom/Elantra-sport/

review: https://paultan.org/2017/08/18/first-drive-2017-hyundai-elantra-sport-1-6-turbo/

actually the 1.6T engine on the Elantra Sport does indeed output 200+ bhp and it's paired with a 7-speed dual clutch transmission too.. our fellow drivers across the causeway are already driving that model.. the reviews seem quite good, pitting it directly against the Civic Si.

check out the engine specs from the m'sia hyundai site:

https://www.hyundai.com.my/Showroom/Elantra-sport/

review: https://paultan.org/2017/08/18/first-drive-2017-hyundai-elantra-sport-1-6-turbo/

I think MY brought in this engine but SG will not due to emissions. Just like Veloster Turbo.

Anyway in the above article, MY is pricing their Elan Sport not more than Civic Turbo hence it should also be roughly the same here, i.e. around $130k. I think i will still buy Tucson 1.6T haha....or Stinger  [sly]

No specs for the 1litre? Wondering if most of the specs in the 1.6l is also available in the 1litre?

Kona 1.6 Turbo 07 Speed DCT

Price $131,999

Performance:

- Max Power BHP 174 / 205 km/h

- Torque NM 265

- 0=100km/h @ 7.9secs

- 01 litre / 14.9km

- Fuel tank 50 litres

Feautures:

- 07 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission

- Drive Mode

- Multi Function Steering Wheel

- Auto Cruise Control

- Smart Keyless entry + Push Start button

- Electric Driver seat

- Wireless Charging

- Reverse Cam + Front/Rear Parking Assist System

- 17" rims

- LED Headlights(DRL) with static bending

- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)

- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)

- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

- 06 Airbags

Kona 1.0 Turbo 06 Speed M/T

Price $89,999

Performance:

- Max Power BHP 118 / 181 km/h

- Torque NM 172

- 0=100km/h @ 12 secs

- 01 litre / 18.5 km

- Fuel tank 50 litres

Feautures:

- 06 Speed Manual Transmission

- Multi Function Steering Wheel

- Smart Keyless entry + Push Start button

- Reverse Cam + Front/Rear Parking Assist System

- 17" rims

- LED Headlights(DRL) with static bending

Safety Assist:

- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)

- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)

- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

- 06 Airbags

*Prices are subject on Non Guaranteed Bids COE.

*05 years / Unlimited mileage Warranty.

*01 year free servicing (Cat A)

*02 year free servicing (Cat B)

this is email to me by the sales.

Edited by Lomfy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3